To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

New feature for FPL being released..draft league?

FPL Draft format starting in 2017/18
bspittles
Dumbledore

Re: New feature for FPL being released..draft league?

Post by bspittles »

I wonder if there will be a limit to the number of teams each person can enter.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

There shouldn't really be a limit should there, I mean with only 8 managers in a league you could easily and reasonably want to enter 10+ teams I think. I doubt there's any technical reason to limit the number of leagues you can join so it would be an arbitrary limit if there is one.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

I believe the limit is 10. I certainly read that somewhere official.

To be honest I doubt you want to have more than a couple of teams. Draft leagues are a lot more hands on and time consuming than classic FPL and juggling more than 2-4 would be a big ask in my opinion.

I also think the more teams you have the less enjoyable it'll be due to owning different players in different leagues. E.g. Alli scores for you in one draft league but in classic FPL or another draft league your main rival owns him etc etc

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

"Players collect points in the same way as they do in the traditional Fantasy Premier League game."

Booo. I don't think I'll be playing after all. FPL scoring is not well suited for draft leagues.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: New feature for FPL being released..draft league?

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Good point finisher. You know you can delete your own post if it's the last in the topic, would be worth doing that next time rather than blanking it out.

Having thought about it I don't want to play more than 3 at most anyway. A friends league, a work league (maybe) and possibly some sort of FISO related one. The concept of draft leagues against strangers doesn't appeal.

I bet there will be money league players though who would want more than 10 competitions to play in.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote:Good point finisher. You know you can delete posts if it's the last in the topic?
Not only one good point, but three good points. That's a minimum standard for my posts.

You know as a moderator you can delete it anyway :lol: Or did you skip all your tutorials? ;)

Thanks anyway, I didn't know that :) I will do it next time (since I can't do it this time because you ruined my chance!)

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

Mav3rick wrote:There's more info on the draft league format posted here:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/427772?sf96151543

Looks like 8 team leagues and no captains or vice captains (which is very good news).
Lowest rank teams get their waivers processed first too, which would be helpful in January to keep lower ranked sides in it.

Looks pretty good to me, although I'll most likely play draft leagues against friends for fun and leave my FPL team in a global league only.
This runs like a basic Fantasy NFL league then. The opening of unlimited waiver claims is nice, but I do not think there is enough depth to support even an 8 team league. At 3 forwards per league, that means performers in line with Abel Hernandez and Peter Crouch would be in someone's team (they ranked 20th and 23rd in FWD scoring last season, respectively). same in MIDS with Leroy Fer and Ander Herrera. The squads are simply too big to have leagues of more than 6 or so.

I do think FPL draft can work, but the squad size needs to be reduced (start fewer players / have no bench) and point values need to be more balanced. I do not think it can work in its current embodiment.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

So there is a waivers process which ends 24 hours before the gameweek deadline. After waivers process you can bring in free agents.

But my question is this: how is the free agent order determined, ie. who can pick free agents first? Is it just a "first come first serve", so basically if you want to be sure you get the player you really want, then you should be prepared to make free agent transfers exactly 24 hours before deadline, when the free agent process opens?

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

That's pretty much the way I see it too. Although as all Free Agents have already passed through either the Draft or the Waiver process without being picked by anyone (including you), there shouldn't be too many players in there that you really want.

Exceptions might be squad players emerging as regulars, either through good performances or injury to established players. Then you might have to be quick to get them before anyone else.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Welcome to FISO toaster :)

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

Mav3rick wrote:Welcome to FISO toaster :)
Thanks. I've dipped in and out as a guest for a couple of seasons and thought it was time to wade in and offer bread products. :)

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Not a red dwarf fan by any chance?

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

From many years ago yes, you've got it. I haven't kept up with the more recent series though.
I'll try not to be as annoying as my namesake!

pompey1898
Wideboy

Post by pompey1898 »

Is this happening? Can't seem to find it anywhere

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

pompey1898 wrote:Is this happening? Can't seem to find it anywhere

Im wondering the same. No site, no link, no updates. Sort it out FPL

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

I'm checking https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/home and https://www.premierleague.com/ home page
still nothing there, and neither in the news https://www.premierleague.com/news

don't have twitter tho

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Nothing on the twitters.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Re: Official FPL Draft (via Twitter, likely fake)

Post by DAREEL »

Arhaych wrote:
DAREEL wrote:Who knows mate. I'll give it a go. Not sure it's suitable for cash league. Isn't it the luck of the draw
The drafts are usually ordered in a fair way.

e.g. 1-2-3-4-5-6-6-5-4-3-2-1.

I'm really excited about this - nice addition.
Me too. Waiting for them to actually release the damn thing . Going to join tacalabelas cash league . The draft alone sounds fun

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

SuperGrover wrote:

Looks like 8 team leagues and no captains or vice captains (which is very good news).
Lowest rank teams get their waivers processed first too, which would be helpful in January to keep lower ranked sides in it.

Looks pretty good to me, although I'll most likely play draft leagues against friends for fun and leave my FPL team in a global league only.
This runs like a basic Fantasy NFL league then. The opening of unlimited waiver claims is nice, but I do not think there is enough depth to support even an 8 team league. At 3 forwards per league, that means performers in line with Abel Hernandez and Peter Crouch would be in someone's team (they ranked 20th and 23rd in FWD scoring last season, respectively). same in MIDS with Leroy Fer and Ander Herrera. The squads are simply too big to have leagues of more than 6 or so.

I do think FPL draft can work, but the squad size needs to be reduced (start fewer players / have no bench) and point values need to be more balanced. I do not think it can work in its current embodiment.
Fair points, possibly the squad of 15 is too high, maybe 11 + sub keeper and another one or two subs max.

When we had a good Original Fantasy Football League, we had a draft afternoon, but on an auction basis with say a 100m budget. That meant that the highly valued players got spread around. You could run on this basis if all present or in contact, but wouldn't work with a wish list scenario.

You could agree "local rules", for eg no-one could draft their third striker or fourth midfielder before 15th draft round etc

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

The Catman wrote:When we had a good Original Fantasy Football League, we had a draft afternoon, but on an auction basis with say a 100m budget. That meant that the highly valued players got spread around. You could run on this basis if all present or in contact, but wouldn't work with a wish list scenario.
it worked on a FF italian site, simply by specifying your maximum bid for each player in your Wishlist.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

The Catman wrote:
SuperGrover wrote:

Fair points, possibly the squad of 15 is too high, maybe 11 + sub keeper and another one or two subs max.

When we had a good Original Fantasy Football League, we had a draft afternoon, but on an auction basis with say a 100m budget. That meant that the highly valued players got spread around. You could run on this basis if all present or in contact, but wouldn't work with a wish list scenario.

You could agree "local rules", for eg no-one could draft their third striker or fourth midfielder before 15th draft round etc
I could see it being workable but still see challenges. Of course, I anti-draft in general as I feel the draft selection is too random and the flexibility to improve your team is too limited. Of course, if you have a good team you pretty much are good to go unless injury strikes you, so that's a positive.

Guess I just like the constant challenge of salary-based leagues as you have to keep constantly working no matter how well your team is functioning. I certainly can understand the argument that such a league is frustrating because your good move can be copied without much penalty by your competitors. To each their own!

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Will this ever be released

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Draft”