To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sky Sports Fantasy Football 2016/17

A forum for mini-leagues and side-games involving SkySports Fantasy Football
quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Sky Sports Fantasy Football 2016/17

Post by quizking »

...and it's with great pleasure (and some relief that they haven't gone over to the dark side of daily games) that am happy to announce, have found the first game launch of the forthcoming season;

https://fantasyfootball.skysports.com/#home

£25k first prize, still 2 teams plus a third in january, no obvious game changes as yet but they've revamped the design/graphics considerably.

Fergi222
FISOhead
FS Record: DreamTeam Champion 20/21, Highest FPL Rank 715th, Top 100 in Sky and TFF

Re: Sky Sports Fantasy Football 2016/17

Post by Fergi222 »

100m budget instead of 75m with increased player prices. Better UI and usability first impressions

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

This season they have introduced a new rule where a maximum of 5 transfers can be made in a Game Week, with Game Weeks running from Friday to Thursday.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Prize League prizes have been reduced

Prize League Prizes
Awarded to the three Prize Leagues that have the highest average points total based on its five highest scoring teams at the end of the 2016/17 season:
1st Place: £1,000 cash :arrow: was £5,000
2nd Place: £500 cash :arrow: was £2,500
3rd Place: £250 cash :arrow: was £1,000

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

This is new

Captain Changes
The captain of your team will score double points – positive and negative. Captain changes must be made before each Match Day deadline to score points for your team. This means managers can make unlimited captain changes in a Game Week.

I read this as you can now have a different captain each day.

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

'You can make unlimited captain changes in a Game Week. To score points for your team on a Match Day, you must submit your captain change before each Match Day deadline.
For example, you can have a different captain on Saturday, Sunday and Monday as long as you change your captain before the advertised deadline.'

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Extra Friday night games should add an interesting dynamic to this game as regards to captains etc

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Stelling looks terrifying on home page :!:

#MINDGAMES :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Not keen on the new interface and disappointing that prizes for leagues have been reduced.

Still trying to get my head round how the new scoring system will affect things.

jonwebb76
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jonwebb76 »

Your right the interface is shocking. I wish they kept the old one, just spruced it up a bit. Just found it more easier looking at your team in that view.

jonwebb76
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jonwebb76 »

Anyone else got the app? I had an alert come up at 10am, saying 1 hour for changes, does that mean they could be looking at a 11am cut off for the new season?

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

Nice it's back and everything but that is the worst fantasy football interface I've ever seen :o

Could that just be the mobile version and they're going to put the proper one up later? :? It's pretty much unusable, I think I'm going to have to print out the player list, write down my team and work out the transfers on paper. It'll be like the old pre-internet times I guess.....

The Bear
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Would be alot better but for Andy L & E !

Post by The Bear »

Got to pleased they are still running a decent game and like Quizking says so pleased they havent gone down the bane of FF and made it a daily/weekend competition.

Mashed Potatoes
Wideboy

Post by Mashed Potatoes »

According to Fantasy Football Scout somebody is going to contact them over the interface which is vastly inferior to its predecessor

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

So you're going to pick a team on the basis of having players to switch captain to every match day.

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

bloggie wrote:So you're going to pick a team on the basis of having players to switch captain to every match day.

Two words. Ball ache or is that one word :?

Aardvark
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Aardvark »

Must be the worst interface ever for a FF game. I've registered 2 teams but unless it changes that's as far as it will go. FF games shouldn't be a chore - I've emailed Sky with
my thoughts but I've never had a reply from them yet so not overly optimistic that I'll
get one this time.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

bloggie wrote:So you're going to pick a team on the basis of having players to switch captain to every match day.
Looks that way and the transfers will need to be used to ensure that you always have a captain each match day.

d1sable
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: FFS Sky guy - best finish 4th overall

Post by d1sable »

Website has been updated
Last edited by d1sable on 06 Jul 2016, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

when I click on the link to website it says 'loading' but never does. Tried several times.
Using chrome on Mac.

Anyone else having this problem.

edit:
works with firefox

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

d1sable wrote:Feel free to leave your thoughts here on the game...

I have already provided this feedback to them but any more you have to add would be great:

Scoring
· GK and defenders should get -1 for every 2 goals conceded Why? 1 seems ok
· Bonus tier system seems flawed - there are now less points earned for previous benchmark of tackles and passes (1) and only a few players will hit tier two and on rare occasions making it almost obsolete. For example:
o Fabregas is the only player to average anywhere near tier two with 64 passes on average a game, nobody else is vaguely close. Average has little relevance. Bonus should reward extreme performance. Standard deviation is more relevant.
· Shots on target (3) for +1 and (5) for +2 seems largely unachievable. Just as a rough guide, Harry Kane had the most shots on target last season with 74 (22 more than the next best). Divide that by his games played and it works out on average 1.9 per game. Now obviously there will be games he gets none and some he gets more so benefits from the sot bonus but on this evidence if even the best in this regard struggled to average above two then it’s probably something we shouldn't consider as that influential. Again average is not useful indicator
· Clean sheet shouldn’t be after 75 minutes, soul destroying for late subs. 60 – 70 seems fairer. Rules say 60 minutes

Wording on site
· Bonus part needs clarifying further, not clear if a player gets tier one then tier two then they stack meaning a +3 ? Rules on scoring say not bonus is stacked
· If a keeper makes say ten saves would he get the tier two bonus twice? I suspect not but it’s not clear if there is a maximum earned.
· Due to other fantasy games having the feature where you lose your captain points from the original player if you switch to another, I would clarify that you keep them (assuming you do).
Interface
· Is there a team layout format to come? (this has been confirmed - will be a button to switch to pitch view coming soon)
· There appears to be no way of viewing a list of players without going to transfers in or out.
· When clicking the transfers page you’re asked to remove a player before having a list of the players you can bring in alongside to compare? Makes tinkering very difficult as you may not know who you want to remove until after and extremely time consuming.
Bugs
· As reported - on desktop version only – I make a team with Aguero in, I decide after confirming I want to remove him for Giroud and then i make the swap and confirm. I then think actually that was silly I want Aguero, when i go to swap Giroud out for Aguero he has vanished from the list of players entirely despite me not owning him. I have successfully made over 30 players vanish as options but they appear on mobile app just fine. Even if i do own a player he should appear in the list of options to choose or it’s difficult to compare.

channel442
Treebeard

Post by channel442 »

Player prices seem to be very high in relation to the budget, not played it before so maybe this is normal for this game?

d1sable
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: FFS Sky guy - best finish 4th overall

Post by d1sable »

They have changed the rules so my post is no longer relevant

taken on most of those points!

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Fixtures are out :!:

Got to be between Vardy and Aguero for captain on Day 1, maybe even Mahrez or KDB :?:

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Is there some confusion over captains? Site seems very clearly to say one captain a week. Above suggests one captain a day.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

CBN wrote:Is there some confusion over captains? Site seems very clearly to say one captain a week. Above suggests one captain a day.
Copied and pasted from the "How To Play" section :-

Captain Changes
The captain of your team will score double points – positive and negative. Captain changes must be made before each Match Day deadline to score points for your team. This means managers can make unlimited captain changes in a Game Week.

For example:
You can choose a captain for the Saturday matches before the Match Day deadline giving you the chance to score double points. On completion of these matches, you can then change your captain for the next Match Day to cover the Sunday matches.

If a captain change is made after a Match Day deadline, your original captain will score points for the current Match Day. Your new captain will carry over and start scoring from the next Match Day.

If you choose to transfer out your captain, the player that comes in will automatically be assigned as your new captain.

Where are you getting your information from? I expect conflicting T&C's with SDT, but not with Sky :lol:

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

A facebook group I belong to, is suggesting that Sky have/are about to make change to the the rules on Captain changes, to one captain a week..

From a personal viewpoint, if the aim is to maximise player numbers and website views, then making the Captain rules easier for the masses seems obvious, obviously at the expense of us more experienced players.

You may already have noticed that bonus pts have been changed yesterday, several days after the site went live.
Last edited by wandacatvenus on 13 Jul 2016, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Yep seems like the game has a massive health warning right now before you even get to the interface. I'll come back to it in a couple of weeks time.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Slight changes to team screens, there is now a pitch view as well as list view, though the "graphics" do still look as though could have been designed for windows 95. Anyone tried to make pre-season transfers since the opening week, any improvement in UI otherwise? The official email launch went out on friday, so doubt that there will be any further changes to the format or design.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

Yes, I have. I went back in hoping they'd updated things but it's just the same. They've added a line up view but unless you can see the value of each player, your budget, and a list of available players alongside it it's pointless. It's just so odd that they'd replace a perfectly good site with that. It's now basically just an online version of the old automated phone lines for making a transfer :?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports FF Mini-Leagues and Side Games”