To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Official FISO LAST MINUTE Sky Sports Mini League 2015/16 - £5 Entry

A forum for mini-leagues and side-games involving SkySports Fantasy Football
Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

https://fantasyfootball.skysports.com/news/9907875

Due to demand, I have created a new £5 league with no deadline for anyone to enter and target the mini league extra prize with their best teams.

If you're in the other £5 league, you can still join this league.
If you aren't in the other £5 league, you can still join this league.
This league may stop the other league from winning a mini league extra prizes, but you can cover your options by joining this one as well.

Private League Prizes

Private League Extra – awarded to the Private League that has the highest average points total based on its five highest scoring teams at the end of the 2015/16 season:

Private League Extra Winner - £5,000
Private League Extra 2nd place - £2,500
Private League Extra 3rd place - £1,000

Prize Structure

50% winner,
25% second,
15% third,
10% fourth

Prize Pay Out:

If this league finishes in the top 3 Private leagues, Sky prize money will be split

1st 40%
2nd 22%
3rd 16%
4th 12%
5th 10%

Add your name below and PM me and I will send out the code in bulk each evening

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Re: Official FISO LAST MINUTE Sky Sports Mini League 2015/16 - £5 Entry

Post by quizking »

Include me in please, sending pm.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

What do the guys who've already entered the original league think about this?

Seems a bit underhand to try and beat the official FISO league.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

They are free to enter this one as well and was posted on the original thread that we would be opening up another league in September.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Yes but they have to pay twice as much as the likes of quizking who hasn't the balls to enter from the start.

Stinks if you ask me.

I've contacted Sky and informed them that a bunch of opportunists are trying to hijack the prize from legitimate leagues.

Doubt they'll do anything but you never know. ;)

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

I made my position very clear in the original thread, and am now doing exactly what intended to do originally. You might like to read the rules again, you'll find that sky are quite happy to accept entries from "opportunists" in to private league extras up until january 31st 2016.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Indeed.

No harm then in letting them know that a bunch of strangers are forming a league that will only be open to high scoring teams in a bid to gain an advantage over genuine leagues.

Their rules state there shouldn't be a problem but you never know....

They might decide to exclude you. Fingers crossed! :mrgreen:

A few deciding to target the mini league prize and outdo the Official FISO league doesn't seem very community spirited to me.

This is a community, right?

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

It would have been wrong to open up the £5 original league again. That would have meant that someone could have jumped in and taken the prize pool at the last minute.

The rules clearly state you can create mini league after the start of the season, so not sure what's the point of your email.

This is also an Official FISO league and would rather a FISO league beat another than a group outside of FISO.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Maldini wrote:What do the guys who've already entered the original league think about this?

Seems a bit underhand to try and beat the official FISO league.
I'm one of them and I personally have no issues with it.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

PM me the details

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Ashers wrote:It would have been wrong to open up the £5 original league again. That would have meant that someone could have jumped in and taken the prize pool at the last minute.
As I've said when the subject was raised earlier I consider that view to be bollox and "provincial". So what if later entries overtake some of the original entries. I hold this view despite being the current leader of the existing Fiso League. The rules encourage late entries.

Similarly I don't see anything wrong with starting up a new league as the rules specifically encourage this.

However Ashers is being a little inconsistent and somewhat selective. You can't really justify starting a new league to jump over other leagues because the rules allow it, but at the same time refuse to accept new teams which might jump over existing teams even though the rules again allow it. He seems to think that late entries in the existing Fiso league impinge unfairly on existing entrants and that's not OK. But that it's OK for late leagues. It's a bit like saying that we mustn't f*ck fellow fiso members but it's OK to f*ck the rest of the fantasy world. Not exactly an attractive point of view.

Even though I'm one of the first to condemn those who contravene the spirit of a fantasy game when the rules are clearly intended to stop certain things such as people entering teams in girlfriends names, in this case the rules seem aimed at encouraging both new teams in existing leagues and new leagues, and neither would appear to be against the intended spirit of the game. So I support both.

ralphypne
Treebeard

Post by ralphypne »

Will this league be closing before the deadline too?? My understanding is this was late January, not September.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports FF Mini-Leagues and Side Games”