To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Official FISO Sky Sports Mini League 2015/16 - £5 Entry

A forum for mini-leagues and side-games involving SkySports Fantasy Football
quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Re: Official FISO Sky Sports Mini League 2015/16 - £5 Entry

Post by quizking »

Thank you trampie - I had wondered (only briefly, admittedly) if I really was out of order, a lone voice of sanity in the wilderness, or missing the point.

Was thinking about this today as have seen a parallel - william hills are running a prediction competition that will have attracted attention, with a top prize of £50m in the most unlikely event of anyone predicting the exact 20 premiership positions at end of season.

The premiership starts this weekend of course - but notice that the hills competition closing date is august 22nd.

I, and anyone, will be lessening their (admittedly small) chances of winning if entering before the last possible date, in order to gain as much information about all teams as possible, any other action is illogical. Not a "weasel's trick" as one poster intiimated earlier.

Direct parallel with this game - no need to risk wasting a few quid on entering a league before necessary. The only exception - and I think some posters above actually think this from their posts - is if you are putting money in to play for fun, and not with the main intention of winning a share of the £5k top prize. Assuming the above stated fiso "rule" isn't changed - not that it was there last year, and nor can I see any mention of the "we" that decided upon it - i'll be looking for a different league to join come september if, and only if, my teams are doing well enough to warrant punting a few more quid.

All irrelevant of course if the passwords aren't working and no one can join before the season starts anyway.
Last edited by quizking on 04 Aug 2015, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.

nigel1305
Grumpy Old Hand
FS Record: Never Ever Feel Inferior

Post by nigel1305 »

Have tried to enter the league on an Ipad and a desktop now.

It looks like the current password is 11 digits long but there is only room/space for characters to enter a 10 digit password on the site and it is not recognising the last digit. :!:

It looks like something must have changed on the site recently. :shock:

It would be interesting to know if anyone has managed to join in the last week and if so how they did it :?:
Last edited by nigel1305 on 04 Aug 2015, 16:04, edited 1 time in total.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Quiz king why not set up a paid league too? I'll enter if I'm doing alright :wink:
I'm sure if it's set up to target the prize and that's it's only intention only everyone will be happy - except Dot he's never happy!

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Backlash wrote:Quiz king why not set up a paid league too? I'll enter if I'm doing alright :wink:
I'm sure if it's set up to target the prize and that's it's only intention only everyone will be happy - except Dot he's never happy!
Possible, will see how it goes, have done similar before. Though am more likely to do so elsewhere, am sure it would attract criticism from some here anyway.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Quizking - I'm going to raise this in the moderation forum and see what their thoughts are and when the closing date should be.

All - I've amended the password and sent this out to the people having issues.

Stevieloot
Cheetah

Post by Stevieloot »

The problem is your only allowed to enter your team into 2 paid leagues maximum that's why passwords will not work

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: I've won stuff...

Post by Mintman »

Stevieloot wrote:The problem is your only allowed to enter your team into 2 paid leagues maximum that's why passwords will not work
Nope, that's not it!!
Sky T+C's wrote:In addition to there being no limit to the amount of Private Leagues a team can enter, there is also no limit on the amount of Private League Extras a team can join.

Stevieloot
Cheetah

Post by Stevieloot »

Mintman wrote:
Stevieloot wrote:The problem is your only allowed to enter your team into 2 paid leagues maximum that's why passwords will not work
Nope, that's not it!!
Sky T+C's wrote:In addition to there being no limit to the amount of Private Leagues a team can enter, there is also no limit on the amount of Private League Extras a team can join.
Well I am in 2 cash leagues already and I cannot join any more I have the same problem with every league I'm trying to enter

Maldini
Dumbledore

Official FISO Sky Sports Mini League 2015/16 - £5 Entry

Post by Maldini »

Ashers wrote:Quizking - I'm going to raise this in the moderation forum and see what their thoughts are and when the closing date should be.

All - I've amended the password and sent this out to the people having issues.
Can you refund money to those that have already paid should you move the goalposts?

My understanding is that this is a FISO Cash League. People are entering it to win THIS league and not the Superleague prize (obviously it would be a nice bonus if this was won in the process).

Please clear up quickly as I had planned to enter my teams this evening and won't be if others who may have ten teams on the go outside of the league can enter their best team three months in.

Thanks.

Hotpot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotpot »

nigel1305 wrote:Have tried to enter the league on an Ipad and a desktop now.

It looks like the current password is 11 digits long but there is only room/space for characters to enter a 10 digit password on the site and it is not recognising the last digit. :!:

It looks like something must have changed on the site recently. :shock:

It would be interesting to know if anyone has managed to join in the last week and if so how they did it :?:
I entered last night.

On a desktop machine, using Google chrome browser.

This was the first league I entered my teams in.

Typed in the pin, a box appeared underneath, typed in the password.

I did notice the last digit didn't seem to be adding itself as I typed but I submitted anyway and it worked fine. At first I was warned there was no money in my account, so I deposited and then it worked.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Details please..... if i get a good start i might enter :D :lol:

trampie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by trampie »

My take is if a group of boys [and girls] on here want to create a mini-league with their own rules then fine, but if a group of boys [and girls] on here want to create a mini-league at the last minute [consisting of strong teams with an eye to doing serious damage in the competition] then that should be fine also.

The boys and girls playing to their own rules [their choice] should not complain if a group of FISOers playing within the rules group together at the last minute and form a mini-league because that is what some other groups not part of this site will do no doubt, plus I have participated in previous FISO leagues in fantasy football competitions in the past that have had a deadline well after the start of the season where FISOers have put their strongest teams forward to create strong mini-league's, based on points [and possibly transfers left] at the mini-league cut off time well into the season.

Obviously its up to the FISO powers that be that sanction mini-leagues in the name of FISO what mini-leagues are run in FISO's name but I for one would not be able to remember a situation of a mini-league I have been involved in where the great and good of FISO have not sanctioned a mini-league that is within the rules and increases the chances of a FISO win.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Maldini wrote: My understanding is that this is a FISO Cash League. People are entering it to win THIS league and not the Superleague prize (obviously it would be a nice bonus if this was won in the process).
Head. Nail. Hit.

If it were set up to target the Superleague prize (which I could make a good argument for it being so!) then the two dissenters would have a good case. As it is, they don't.
Last edited by CBN on 04 Aug 2015, 19:45, edited 1 time in total.

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mintman »

How many CASH leagues have you been part of trampie where people can join in after a fifth of the season has past?? Would it be fair if you were leading the league and a few people who were allowed to join late suddenly bumped you down to 5th or 6th in the league meaning you missed out on a cash prize?? Is that fair?? The point here is that this is a cash league and all entrants have the same chance at the start. Allowing late entry only gives those players an advantage, because they only join because they are doing well. This thing about the mini league prize is just an excuse for people not to part with their cash unless they are doing well!! As for people wanting to start their own leagues if the are doing well, good luck to them!! :D There is nothing wrong with that?

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

The agreement is:

No-one will be accepted into this mini league after the 8th August 2015.

This is an official FISO league and people are more than welcome to create other leagues (subject to relevant warnings & not under the FISO banner) if they want to at a later date.

FISO may even create its own league come January which will be aimed at the main mini league extra prize.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Ashers wrote:FISO may even create its own league come January which will be aimed at the main mini league extra prize.
September the cut off isn't it?

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

CBN wrote:
Ashers wrote:FISO may even create its own league come January which will be aimed at the main mini league extra prize.
September the cut off isn't it?
Nope, just read the rules and it says Jan 2016.

Sep is the cut off for entering a free mini league.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Yeah just found it.

"Only teams entered before midnight on 30th September 2015 will be counted towards the average points total for the Private League prize"

Odd that it seems to be for Private Leagues and not Private Extra Leagues. Hmm.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Mind you, everyone's playing for second place. D1sable's FFS Private League Extra is a 1/100 chance for the £5k.

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mintman »

CBN wrote:Yeah just found it.

"Only teams entered before midnight on 30th September 2015 will be counted towards the average points total for the Private League prize"

Odd that it seems to be for Private Leagues and not Private Extra Leagues. Hmm.
It's private league extra too!! Trust me!! :wink:

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mintman »

CBN wrote:Mind you, everyone's playing for second place. D1sable's FFS Private League Extra is a 1/100 chance for the £5k.
Yeah but fantasy football is a funny old game!! :wink: :D

trampie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by trampie »

Mintman wrote:How many CASH leagues have you been part of trampie where people can join in after a fifth of the season has past?? Would it be fair if you were leading the league and a few people who were allowed to join late suddenly bumped you down to 5th or 6th in the league meaning you missed out on a cash prize?? Is that fair?? The point here is that this is a cash league and all entrants have the same chance at the start. Allowing late entry only gives those players an advantage, because they only join because they are doing well. This thing about the mini league prize is just an excuse for people not to part with their cash unless they are doing well!! As for people wanting to start their own leagues if the are doing well, good luck to them!! :D There is nothing wrong with that?
I'm not advocating that, people can join the start of the season FISO mini-league if they want to but why can't people join a separate mini-league created just before the official deadline for mini-leagues if they want to also ?

Are you saying Mintman there should be one FISO league with its own rules and not another FISO league following the exact rules of the actual competition ?

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

trampie wrote:
Are you saying Mintman there should be one FISO league with its own rules and not another FISO league following the exact rules of the actual competition ?
Plenty of times FISO leagues have been set up in a variety of games close to deadlines when it has been potentially advantageous to do so and good a few FISO members have made a few quid as a result!

trampie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by trampie »

Vid wrote:
trampie wrote:
Plenty of times FISO leagues have been set up in a variety of games close to deadlines when it has been potentially advantageous to do so and good a few FISO members have made a few quid as a result!
Yes exactly Vid.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Trampie - No one is saying that another league can't be setup nearer the time. We are just stating that this league has a deadline of the 8th August.

FISO are more than likely to set-up another league near the deadline aimed at taking the main prize.

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mintman »

trampie wrote:
Mintman wrote:How many CASH leagues have you been part of trampie where people can join in after a fifth of the season has past?? Would it be fair if you were leading the league and a few people who were allowed to join late suddenly bumped you down to 5th or 6th in the league meaning you missed out on a cash prize?? Is that fair?? The point here is that this is a cash league and all entrants have the same chance at the start. Allowing late entry only gives those players an advantage, because they only join because they are doing well. This thing about the mini league prize is just an excuse for people not to part with their cash unless they are doing well!! As for people wanting to start their own leagues if the are doing well, good luck to them!! :D There is nothing wrong with that?
I'm not advocating that, people can join the start of the season FISO mini-league if they want to but why can't people join a separate mini-league created just before the official deadline for mini-leagues if they want to also ?

Where have I said they can't?? If people who are doing well want to team up and create leagues for that reason, that's fine by me and most other people I would guess?? All I have said all along Is that I don't think its fair to allow late entrants into this league, as people will only enter late if they are doing well!! That would probably increase their chances of winning a prize, which to me is an unfair advantage!! I don't think that is fair on everyone who pays to play at the start of the season!!

trampie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by trampie »

Mintman wrote:
trampie wrote:

Where have I said they can't?? If people who are doing well want to team up and create leagues for that reason, that's fine by me and most other people I would guess?? All I have said all along Is that I don't think its fair to allow late entrants into this league, as people will only enter late if they are doing well!! That would probably increase their chances of winning a prize, which to me is an unfair advantage!! I don't think that is fair on everyone who pays to play at the start of the season!!
I have not said any different to that, just that if people want to follow the rules and create a mini-league during the season just before the deadline then they should be able to do so and you had plenty of opportunity to say you agree but didn't for whatever reason.

trampie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by trampie »

Ashers wrote:Trampie - No one is saying that another league can't be setup nearer the time. We are just stating that this league has a deadline of the 8th August.

FISO are more than likely to set-up another league near the deadline aimed at taking the main prize.
''FISO are more than likely to set-up another league near the deadline aimed at taking the main prize.'' Just as I thought then.

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mintman »

trampie wrote:I have not said any different to that, just that if people want to follow the rules and create a mini-league during the season just before the deadline then they should be able to do so and you had plenty of opportunity to say you agree but didn't for whatever reason.
I have played many games for many years, and understand about the creation of leagues further into a season to target specific prizes(usually mini league ones). I myself have been part of many of these leagues in the past, but they have always been set-up for that purpose alone. This is different though, as it is a season long cash league. I have NEVER played in a cash league that allows people to enter after a fifth of a season, and as such gain an unfair advantage over all the players who entered at the start of the season. All I have been saying all along is that a cash league should be a level playing field for each player.

As for me saying whether I agree or disagree with the setting up of a league to target prizes in this game. if people want to set up leagues to target specific prizes in this game, that's fine by me!! Lets be honest though, even if it wasn't what difference would it make?? :?

trampie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by trampie »

Mintman wrote:
trampie wrote:I have not said any different to that, just that if people want to follow the rules and create a mini-league during the season just before the deadline then they should be able to do so and you had plenty of opportunity to say you agree but didn't for whatever reason.
I have played many games for many years, and understand about the creation of leagues further into a season to target specific prizes(usually mini league ones). I myself have been part of many of these leagues in the past, but they have always been set-up for that purpose alone. This is different though, as it is a season long cash league. I have NEVER played in a cash league that allows people to enter after a fifth of a season, and as such gain an unfair advantage over all the players who entered at the start of the season. All I have been saying all along is that a cash league should be a level playing field for each player.

As for me saying whether I agree or disagree with the setting up of a league to target prizes in this game. if people want to set up leagues to target specific prizes in this game, that's fine by me!! Lets be honest though, even if it wasn't what difference would it make?? :?
With respect it does not matter if you have never played in a cash league that allows people to enter after the start of the season, if the rules permit it, its allowed as far as the organisers are concerned, what individual mini-leagues do is up to the mini-league.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports FF Mini-Leagues and Side Games”