To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Official FISO Sky Sports Mini League 2015/16 - £5 Entry

A forum for mini-leagues and side-games involving SkySports Fantasy Football
quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Re: Official FISO Sky Sports Mini League 2015/16 - £5 Entry

Post by quizking »

Sorry, this might only be a moot point as i'll probably (just to avoid hassles) enter the league before the fiso deadline anyway - but sky do have a long list of rules re paid leagues as quoted earlier - why the need to add an extra condition, that no other competing league will be bound by? It's not just to turn away "johnny-come-latelys", if their points contributions help a fiso league win a prize, that is a good thing rather than bad (and there's then a new fiso member who will be quite good at this ff malarkey). What's the point of taking a league screenshot after the first match, what does it prove? Sky will hold funds, distribute them as and how they see fit, to teams in the winning league(s) that comply with their own rules - which are different for regular private leagues as opposed to paid leagues (p.s. this is nothing against ashers, who has always been most personable and organised in any dealings I recall over the years! - it's more of a general legal point).

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: I've won stuff...

Post by Mintman »

So you think its fair on everybody who enters a cash league at the start of the season if someone enters just because they are doing well and jumps straight to the top of the league?? If everyone is in before a ball is kicked then it is a level playing field. No other cash league in any other game on here allows people to enter after the start of the season, why should this be any different?? Just because Sky holds the funds, doesn't make it any different to say Jesters tenner league on TFF!! The deadline to join Private or Paid Private Leagues in TFF is 23:59 (BST) on Friday, September 25, 2015. How many cash leagues can you join on here after the first K.O.?? Answer none!! You pay your money, you take your chance. Not i'll see how I'm doing after 6 weeks then jump in if I'm doing well!! That's my opinion on it anyway.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

"why should this be any different?"

Because sky have specific rules for this type of league. It's of no relevance as to whether I or you think it's fair. I would like to play by the rules, and use them to my advantage where possible.

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mintman »

However this is a 'forum' cash league NOT a sky one!! So I don't see what the problem is?? Sky just take the entry fee and pay out the winnings. You can do the same on TFF, but no-one chooses too. If they did, do you think the rules would be different for all the TFF cash leagues that are run on here? No the cut-off would still be first k.o.!!

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

I think we are missing each others points. This is a forum cash league AS WELL AS BEING a sky cash one. Last year's fiso private extra cash league won the overall sky extra money prize. It would be a good thing if this was won again, do you not agree? (i didn't happen to be in the original league, but was in top 100 league second half so have some idea of what am referring to).

"You can do the same on TFF, but no-one chooses too"

Not the same thing at all, TFF don't have an extra cash prize just for private leagues that choose to pay an extra bet/punt/fee. Sky are trying to get more punters to register for their betting service, that is the only purpose of this game (along with the side promotion of the tv show).

Maldini
Dumbledore

Official FISO Sky Sports Mini League 2015/16 - £5 Entry

Post by Maldini »

I'm with mintman on this.

Teams should not be allowed to enter Forum Leagues after the season begins.

Only entering if you get off to a flier is a weasels trick if you ask me.

Most on here play for themselves not the forum.
The forum benefits because there are some very good players on here. It doesn't need to promote underhand tactics.

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mintman »

Quizking you are missing the point of this league being FAIR to ALL!! The deadline is first k.o. so it is a level playing field for everyone and fair. However you seem to think, that these rules shouldn't apply to you for some reason??.. You think because Sky offer a separate mini league prize, that you can come along months into the game and join the mini league because you are doing well?? How is that fair on all the other forum members who signed up before the start of the season.

Hotpot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotpot »

I'm in, details please.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

I'm going to email SKY today to see if they can change the mini league password for me after the first set of game.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

It's not coming along "months into the game" - it's before the end of september - though my own first thoughts were to decide after one or two weeks. I'm now having second thoughts, and may not bother at all, though will probably join a "global private league".

It's in the rules of the game as stated by sky.

And there's no reference to a previous point made; that no other league competing for the £5k "private league extra" prize will have been bound by this added restriction.

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mintman »

I'm sorry where does it say in the rules in that a 'Private League' has to allow people who got off to great start into the league?? I must have missed that bit?? :?

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

quizking you are missing the point, yes we are playing the Sky Sports fantasy football game, but the mini league is under FISO rules and not Sky's general rules.

The rule that we have put in place is that all teams need to be entered before the first kick off.

Sky may allow you to enter at later date, but we have decided to have an earlier cut-off.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Quizking - a number of mini-leagues organised on FISO have special conditions. For example, only selecting one player from each club. Would you enter one of these mini-leagues and flout that stipulation just because the game rules allow you to have more than one player from a single club?

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

Fine - i'm obviously on the wrong tack. I thought the purpose of the league was to try to win (under sky rules), i'm not part of any "we" that likes making other rules.

dellboy30
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO TFFE league champ

Post by dellboy30 »

code please

sparx14
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 2nd sky sports 08-09, 1st sky sports dec13 monthly

Post by sparx14 »

Keep getting "invalid password" when I try to enter the league? Any tips on this (I think this was mentioned previously but couldn't find the post)

Glad to see a clear cut off from the start.

Stevieloot
Cheetah

Post by Stevieloot »

Count me in!! Send us that code please

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mintman »

Don't copy and paste it sparx. Make sure you type it in and it should be fine. :D

dellboy30
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dellboy30 »

sparx14 wrote:Keep getting "invalid password" when I try to enter the league? Any tips on this (I think this was mentioned previously but couldn't find the post)

Glad to see a clear cut off from the start.
I'm having the invalid password problem as well. Ashers thought it was because no funds in my Skybet account but I've put the £5 in and password still not accepted.

Sparx, you got it sorted yet?

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL - FISO Mirror League 1st 2015-16 | Sun - Cheap as Chips Conference 1st 2014-15 & 2015-16

Post by jeffmcgow »

Have you tried Mintman's suggestion? typing the pin number rather than copying and pasting.

It worked for me.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Code should have been sent to everyone above.

Please post below if you do not have it.

dellboy30
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dellboy30 »

jeffmcgow wrote:Have you tried Mintman's suggestion? typing the pin number rather than copying and pasting.

It worked for me.
I don't think its the code as it accepts that and then takes you to the private extra league password screen which is where I keep getting the invalid password. Tried all sorts of typing/pasting/with/without capital letter at start and it won't let me.

Anyone managed to join it today ?

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Seems to be a few now getting that issue.

Has anyone else not managed to log in?

Stevieloot
Cheetah

Post by Stevieloot »

Ashers wrote:Code should have been sent to everyone above.

Please post below if you do not have it.
Not received code yet have you emailed it ? Cheers

dellboy30
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dellboy30 »

Ashers wrote:Seems to be a few now getting that issue.

Has anyone else not managed to log in?
Glad its not just me going mental :lol:

Are you able to check it somehow with Sky?

mjb
Wideboy

Post by mjb »

Same problem here!

Stevieloot
Cheetah

Post by Stevieloot »

Yeah same problem the password does not work

sparx14
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 2nd sky sports 08-09, 1st sky sports dec13 monthly

Post by sparx14 »

I'm still having the problem. I'm typing manually but doing it on a phone - maybe a device issue?

Originally had no funds in sky bet. I topped up yesterday. . . Still didn't work but maybe it takes a while for a top up to flow through relevant systems and fantasy football to realise you now have funds.

Can't try now as internet here blocks betting sites. Fingers crossed I get another chance to try before the weekend (still on holiday with limited internet)

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Can someone who has managed to enter send these guys the mini league details?

Deleted my sent items and want to make sure I've sent them the right details.

trampie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by trampie »

I totally agree with quizking on all the points he has made.

I think people are missing the point, its a moot point to have a self inflicted cut off before the official competition's cut off as the rules are the rules and FISO would potentially be lessening its chances of winning compared to everyone else that plays to the rules.

FISO has always worked within the rules to maximise its chances of winning, if a group of people wants to follow some self imposed puritan rules then that is up to them, how other competitions work is irrelevant, what us as individuals think would be the best way for Sky to run their competition is irrelevant, their rules are their rules.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports FF Mini-Leagues and Side Games”