To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

2010 Fantasy World Snooker Competition

A forum for fans of Fantasy Snooker
Jules
Grumpy Old Web Guru

Re: 2010 Fantasy World Snooker Competition

Post by Jules »

Shaggy365 wrote:Thanks to all for having a go. See you all next time?
Indeed :-)

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Cheers Shaggy, maybe one year I'll crack this.

The knockout cup will never really work with a knockout comp like Snooker unless you introduce hideously complicated transfer rules with point penalties.

Knulpuk
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ultra ultra consistent (see above)

Post by Knulpuk »

I'll be back - I like the simplicity of the comp.

Could you arrange for Ding to play a bit better next year?

Which I had back Robertson when he was 6 nil down.

Anubis
Grumpy Old Olly
FS Record: Manager of the week 26th 27th August 2007:-),£50 at MOTM,leader of the starting X1 league Dec 14th 2010

Post by Anubis »

bluenoseyparker wrote:Thanks fellas for the plaudits. Must admit, a bit galling to miss out on first overall after leading for so long but pleased to win the FISO league and cup. Thanks to Shaggy for providing the updates making my job of totalling the scores after each round much easier.

Is this the start of our run in FF

I stayed up last night and ended up watching the programme to mark the 25th anniversary of the Davis Taylor final :shock: Completely knackered now, although it was good to watch the key moments of the match again.
the-postman wrote:without going overboard i think back to all those years that jimmy missed out on becoming world champion and im sat here watching this tripe :shock:

shocking stuff :roll:
I know. I think of when he was 14-8 up against Hendry - he did nothing wrong and Hendry just played the best snooker ever to win 10 frames on the bounce :cry:
workie-ticket wrote:terrible final. surely the worst since ebdon - dott. did either of them deserve to be world champion?

Robertson is a worthy winner but he was awful in the final. Mark Selby must be kicking himself - it was his on a plate. I have no idea how Dott beat him.

the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-
too many bbm wins to remember :-)

Post by the-postman »

wd to shaggy for running it :mrgreen:

not sure mental tiredness is really an issue..steve davis and hendry generally saved there best for the final over the years...

jimmy is trying to get people on facebook and twitter awareness of this new website...its to do with saving the great alex higgins from himself..
very sad indeed thinking back to higgins in his pomp and looking at him today :(

http://savealexhiggins.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0maHVpDy8Bg&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0maHVpDy8Bg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

True genius.

that is an old pic, he looks better now, or at least he has looked better.

the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-

Post by the-postman »

watching that again higgins plays a shocking shot from last black to yellow...would or could have been the first maximum at the crucible 3 years infront of thorburns

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

Higgins - genius snooker player who helped make the game. However, I will have not one iota of sympathy if he tops himself. Remember when he threatened to get Dennis Taylor shot ? Nasty, nasty man.

the-postman
fiso banshee

Post by the-postman »

bluenoseyparker wrote:Higgins - genius snooker player who helped make the game. However, I will have not one iota of sympathy if he tops himself. Remember when he threatened to get Dennis Taylor shot ? Nasty, nasty man.
yeah he was never a saint :lol:

but what a snooker player he was ..lol

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

the-postman wrote:
bluenoseyparker wrote:Higgins - genius snooker player who helped make the game. However, I will have not one iota of sympathy if he tops himself. Remember when he threatened to get Dennis Taylor shot ? Nasty, nasty man.
yeah he was never a saint :lol:

but what a snooker player he was ..lol

And not that unreasonable re Taylor - irritating walrus!

Maybe Higgins was snooker?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote:And not that unreasonable re Taylor - irritating walrus!

Which of them played in (and won) the most famous match of all time, the one that had an hour-long programme about it this week?

If you think snooker at its peak was about personalities rather than the game (and the peak in terms of standard of play was probably 10-15 years later) then it wasn't down to any one individual, it was down to a bunch of people who found themselves suddenly thrown into the entertainment business before they realised you have to be serious sportsmen. Apart from Steve Davis, who was the serious sportsman back then and as a result nearly always won, but now treats it as a bit of fun as he knows he won't win the whole thing!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote:
blahblah wrote:And not that unreasonable re Taylor - irritating walrus!

Which of them played in (and won) the most famous match of all time, the one that had an hour-long programme about it this week?

If you think snooker at its peak was about personalities rather than the game (and the peak in terms of standard of play was probably 10-15 years later) then it wasn't down to any one individual, it was down to a bunch of people who found themselves suddenly thrown into the entertainment business before they realised you have to be serious sportsmen. Apart from Steve Davis, who was the serious sportsman back then and as a result nearly always won, but now treats it as a bit of fun as he knows he won't win the whole thing!

Wasn't a touch on the White/Higgins match.

Snooker was for and against Davis/Higgins, until White appeared. (As a sweeping generalisation.)

the-postman
fiso banshee

Post by the-postman »

that higgins white semi final also clouds over a brilliant quarter final that year between jimmy and kirk stevens..a very similar match to the stevens 147 semi match with white in the bensons..

going back even further there was a titanic match between higgins and the brilliant patsy fagan which fagan won 13-12...was one of snookers tragedies that the highly talented irishman fagan was struck down with the dreaded twitch using the rest..very sad

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Snooker”