To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

2010 Fantasy World Snooker Competition

A forum for fans of Fantasy Snooker
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: 2010 Fantasy World Snooker Competition

Post by blahblah »

I think dot is losing it...

ShadyOne
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: DLA D-Cup runner up 2008-09, FISO25 cup winner 2009-10

Post by ShadyOne »

bluenoseyparker wrote:
blahblah wrote:Shady:
Dott to win
18-15

bnp:
Robertson 18 - Dott 12
Game on Shadyone :D
Good luck to you BNP (sounds wrong so close to the general election)!

I won't lie, I hope you win the cup. :shock: :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

ShadyOne wrote:
bluenoseyparker wrote:
blahblah wrote:Shady:
Dott to win
18-15

bnp:
Robertson 18 - Dott 12
Game on Shadyone :D
Good luck to you BNP (sounds wrong so close to the general election)!

I won't lie, I hope you win the cup. :shock: :wink:

At least you will get a hollow victory. Big few frames coming up.

The Thunder's mum is more than cute :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Any one else amazed that the so-called experts are amazed by the slow-mo thing?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I sense a Dot comeback.

Pincher
Grumpy Old Crab
FS Record: Allys Tartan Army

Post by Pincher »

The standard here throughout has been unbelievably bad - never seen so many frame balls missed. Could almost make you suspicious if we didn't know better.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Bets on the finish time perhaps? :lol:

Might need the Pro Plus washed down with a few cans of Red Bull to see this one to a finish.

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

forestfan wrote:Bets on the finish time perhaps? :lol:

Might need the Pro Plus washed down with a few cans of Red Bull to see this one to a finish.
Jeez, this could be a late one :roll: . The worst Robertson has played but somehow he is still in front. Compared to the standard we've had in early matches, it seems the occasion has got to both players.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

bluenoseyparker wrote:
forestfan wrote:Bets on the finish time perhaps? :lol:

Jeez, this could be a late one :roll: . The worst Robertson has played but somehow he is still in front. Compared to the standard we've had in early matches, it seems the occasion has got to both players.
Nah, they are both pants, and have raised their game to get to the Final :lol:

(And yes they would both beat me)

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

Blimey, this is like pulling teeth. My interest is one the wane :|

Shaggy365
Dumbledore

Post by Shaggy365 »

bluenoseyparker wrote:Blimey, this is like pulling teeth. My interest is one the wane :|
Likewise. I fear my update may have to wait until morning if this goes on at this speed. Jnr will be late for school if I have to wait for this to finish.

the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-
too many bbm wins to remember :-)

Post by the-postman »

without going overboard i think back to all those years that jimmy missed out on becoming world champion and im sat here watching this tripe :shock:

shocking stuff :roll:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

bluenoseyparker wrote:Blimey, this is like pulling teeth. My interest is one the wane :|

Rooney?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

the-postman wrote:without going overboard i think back to all those years that jimmy missed out on becoming world champion and im sat here watching this tripe :shock:

I'm sure he still wouldn't have won if he had played a final against one of these players...

There's very few players who can really cope with the pressure of a Crucible final and play anything close to what they are capable of. Hendry, Davis, O'Sullivan at their peak, that's about it. Most players get there and miss shots that the average drunk pool player in a pub would knock in!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote:
the-postman wrote:without going overboard i think back to all those years that jimmy missed out on becoming world champion and im sat here watching this tripe :shock:

I'm sure he still wouldn't have won if he had played a final against one of these players...

There's very few players who can really cope with the pressure of a Crucible final and play anything close to what they are capable of. Hendry, Davis, O'Sullivan at their peak, that's about it. Most players get there and miss shots that the average drunk pool player in a pub would knock in!

Alex and Thorburn :wink:

Shaggy365
Dumbledore

Post by Shaggy365 »

Here endeth this season's competition.

A big thanks to everyone from FISO that had a go. There can only be 1 winner, and this year it falls upon bnp. Just a pity he got pipped for the over-all title.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-
too many bbm wins to remember :-)

Post by the-postman »

well played bnp :mrgreen:

The Bear
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Would be alot better but for Andy L & E !

Post by The Bear »

I think up to 10 is more than enough in each round - the players are often mentally shattered by the time they get to the final!

ShadyOne
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: DLA D-Cup runner up 2008-09, FISO25 cup winner 2009-10

Post by ShadyOne »

Thanks to Shaggy for arranging this little competition, good fun and I'm sure I'll be back next year!

Also cheers to BNP for sorting the cup out and congrats on taking it down. Got 11/1 on Robertson before the tournament started so I was quite happy to lose out! 8-)

:D

workie-ticket
Grumpy Old Geordie
FS Record: Champion NEFI superleague 2009-10

Post by workie-ticket »

terrible final. surely the worst since ebdon - dott. did either of them deserve to be world champion?

has anyone ever had an easier ride to be world champion than robertson? true, dott emerged in this tournament as a doughty competitor, but lucky neil only had to play ONE seed on his way to his win, and no real current top-class name. :?

glad he won but only because i had a bet on him :wink:

Jules
Grumpy Old Web Guru

Post by Jules »

Congrats BNP. I'm chuffed to finish 3rd in Fiso and 5th overall. Gutted that Higgins lost out early as it scuppered my chances of winning, though quite pleased he's been caught with his pants down in the match-fixing scandal. I wonder if he lost on purpose? :shock:

Thanks again Shaggy for running this comp, it was good fun, especially in the early rounds. I'm not sure what could be done to make it more interesting in the latter rounds, as after the quarter-finals the competition was kind of decided already (as proved in the cup). Perhaps there could be additional things to choose that provide points at the end of the tournament, such as 'total number of centuries in comp', 'what will be the highest break of the tournament', 'who will get it', etc...

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018

Post by Spencer4 »

Yes, well done all, and thanks Shaggy, could you give us more notice next time mate :wink:

workie-ticket
Grumpy Old Geordie
FS Record: Champion NEFI superleague 2009-10

Post by workie-ticket »

yes, thank you shaggy and well done to bnp and everyone who did well - i enjoyed the competition and will probably try again next time :)

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

Thanks shaggy.

i will do better next year!!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Spencer4 wrote:Yes, well done all, and thanks Shaggy, could you give us more notice next time mate :wink:

Same numbers for me.

Jules
Grumpy Old Web Guru

Post by Jules »

Surprised wrote:Thanks shaggy.

Can't do much worse :P :lol:

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

Thanks fellas for the plaudits. Must admit, a bit galling to miss out on first overall after leading for so long but pleased to win the FISO league and cup. Thanks to Shaggy for providing the updates making my job of totalling the scores after each round much easier.

I stayed up last night and ended up watching the programme to mark the 25th anniversary of the Davis Taylor final :shock: Completely knackered now, although it was good to watch the key moments of the match again.

I know. I think of when he was 14-8 up against Hendry - he did nothing wrong and Hendry just played the best snooker ever to win 10 frames on the bounce :cry:
workie-ticket wrote:terrible final. surely the worst since ebdon - dott. did either of them deserve to be world champion?
Robertson is a worthy winner but he was awful in the final. Mark Selby must be kicking himself - it was his on a plate. I have no idea how Dott beat him.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

Jules wrote:
Surprised wrote:Thanks shaggy.

Can't do much worse :P :lol:
I could come lower down in the general league!

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

The Bear wrote:I think up to 10 is more than enough in each round - the players are often mentally shattered by the time they get to the final!
Agreed - both players were exhausted and the standard was awful. Maybe they should stick with first to 10 as far as the semis then maybe play best of 25 and 31 for the semis and final?

Anyway, i'll add to the chorus of thanks for Shaggy and bnp (who's gotta hate that acronym!) for running the league and cup.

Shaggy365
Dumbledore

Post by Shaggy365 »

Jules wrote:Thanks again Shaggy for running this comp, it was good fun, especially in the early rounds. I'm not sure what could be done to make it more interesting in the latter rounds, as after the quarter-finals the competition was kind of decided already (as proved in the cup). Perhaps there could be additional things to choose that provide points at the end of the tournament, such as 'total number of centuries in comp', 'what will be the highest break of the tournament', 'who will get it', etc...
This is the main problem with running a competition that's based on a knockout cup. Basically once the field is thinned down to the last 8, then there's not really a lot you can do to score points. If you say the player who wins the snooker scores double points, the people near the top of the leaderboard all have him, so it doesn't give any sort of differential.

Anyway, I've a whole 11 months to think about this before next year.

Thanks to all for having a go. See you all next time?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Snooker”