Eliteserien 2021

Norwegian Eliteserien Fantasy Football
Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner Fantasy Football Scotland 2021/22

Re: Eliteserien 2021

Post by Stormrider »

Hi Bolla Pinnsvin,

First of all congratulation for your fantastic season in FPL so far. Looks a good chance you end up with an even better ranking in FPL than in Eliteserien. That‘s great and good luck for the run in!

Agree with your short list. These seem to be the most interesting ones. Now we have 1.5 left to tinker :) . Also think to set up a good team for the first 3 rounds is key and then work towards GW 7 and beyond.

Will need to look at the fixtures still a bit but here a first draft with focus on the first 3 rounds:
8675DB06-0AC9-4048-9B3C-155282CB219C.png
Disadvantage: no Molde and also Odd players. Latter without a game in GW2 but good games before and after.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Odd vs. Sandjeford postponed due to a covid case in the Odd team. Think that's not Odd then for the first 3/4 games with them also having no game in round 2.

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

Thanks Stormrider! Yes, no reason to complain about the FPL season.
Your team looks strong, but I advise against neglecting Molde. My team will have at least two players from Molde. One defender and one midfielder. From what I hear there are reasons to expect big things from their new forward, Fofana, but he is young and competition is though so I’ll give it some weeks before taking the chance.

With few games tomorrow there will have to be many teams that are close to identical. The key this season is to navigate blanks and DGWs as there will be many of both.

Finally, it has been said that Eikrem is ready for the first game. Too expensive for me, I think, but he is so good that it warrants consideration.
Good luck all!

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Good luck guys. My team is very random due to time constraints but it will do for a start.

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Hi Bolla pinnsvin,

Thank you for your suggestion. Yes, may need to go back and bring a Molde player or two in. Had EUA at the beginning and Holmgren Pedersen but then went away from them. Eikrem back probably means less standard situations for EUA. And Eikrem - the best but agree, very difficult to put in the team with his steep price.

With the defenders - think Borch could be the highest scoring defender so makes sense to have him from the start. RBK with 4 games in the first rounds so a defender from the looks interesting. So remains Bjorkan vs. a Molde defender? Definitely good luck to you too!

@OxfordNZ: thanks and wishing you a good start too👍. Being a big RBK supporter - would you expect Hoff to start and be nailed? Here my rationale is again the four games in the first 3 go’s. With a clean sheet and perhaps an assist that could be around 10 points for 5.5 - ok-ish I think for a start.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Yes to Hoff. I am looking at a defender and a mid from rbk. If I go Hoff over Holse then I will get hansen in goal but too pricey otherwise

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Thanks Oxford NZ👍🏻

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

A hopefully very different -
Opdal ( 4.0)
Gregersen, Bjorkan, Dhal Reitan ( Borchgrevink, Vevatne)
Sorli,Hoff, Bell, Donnum, Knudzon
Berisha, Fofana (K), (O. Sivertsen)

0.5 itb
Only one name I do not recognise :?
eliteserien league.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1albert
Treebeard
FS Record: Fiso FPL Cup 2018/19 3rd Place
Fiso FPL H2H League 1 2018/19 Champion
Fiso FPL Ctibbets H2H Spring League 18/19 Champion
Fiso Eliteserien League 2019 3rd place

Post by 1albert »

Woke up this morning to read our Eliteserien thread ahead of the deadline for today's games. So glad you boys highlighted the ODD Covid postponements. I set my team with three ODD players about a week ago and happily expected them to take to the field today without the need for further checks.
Good luck to all the Fiso Managers!

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

No Holmgren Pedersen for Molde!
No Hansen in goal for RBK.
Still 7 min to sort that out.

MTPockets
Treebeard

Post by MTPockets »

Karlstrom
Bjorkan Bjornbak Borch
Sorli Donnum Fridjonsson Taylor Hussain
Botheim Berisha k

(Trige O.Sivertsen Wangberg Fosnaess-Hanssen)

Good luck all

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Bølla pinnsvin wrote: 09 May 2021, 15:54 No Holmgren Pedersen for Molde!
No Hansen in goal for RBK.
Still 7 min to sort that out.
Still asleep at that time. My alarm goes off at 4am for work so no time for football.
Good luck all.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Bodo Glimt 2-0 Botheim (8 mins) and Saltnes (13 mins) score

edit - goals coming in thick and fast now it is time to go to work :roll:

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Not the greatest start to a season from me with a captain fail and going into GW2 with a hit to replace my 9.5 forward punt. I am sure he will score well over the season but at 9.5 he needs to be captain material and start most games.
Good luck guys, I will try to catch up and make a decent competition.

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

Oxford NZ wrote: 10 May 2021, 07:07 Not the greatest start to a season from me with a captain fail and going into GW2 with a hit to replace my 9.5 forward punt. I am sure he will score well over the season but at 9.5 he needs to be captain material and start most games.
Good luck guys, I will try to catch up and make a decent competition.
Then you must be the baron. The rest of us had Berisha as captain. My team is, like last year, "Heimebanesår". I'm not too pleased by the outcome myself and yet I I'm ok with the selection. I don't see me doing anything before GW2.

Btw, the rumors saying that Hansen was out proved to by wrong. I never had him in my team anyhow. But I did have Holmgren Pedersen and swapped him with Gregersen in the last 5 min before deadline, given the news at the time. Those who are able to hold their transfer until the last 10 min before deadline can actually have an advantage in this game. Not sure I bother, but there may come a GW where this is useful (like yesterday).
Last edited by Bølla pinnsvin on 10 May 2021, 09:15, edited 1 time in total.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

At least I got the captain choice correct this GW :)
Just watched todays goals and the goal keeping is shocking, I may have to dig out my gloves and boots and come out of retirement.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Having all ready got three RBK players ready for the double it would take me a hit to get in Zachariassen and drop one of Hoff, Hansen or Dahl Reitan
I can afford Sori to Zachariassen and Hoff to Tollas Nation but that seems a waste of a hit. Rolling may be my best bet and do a double move when more teams enter the fray in GW4.

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

Oxford NZ wrote: 14 May 2021, 06:54 Having all ready got three RBK players ready for the double it would take me a hit to get in Zachariassen and drop one of Hoff, Hansen or Dahl Reitan
I can afford Sori to Zachariassen and Hoff to Tollas Nation but that seems a waste of a hit. Rolling may be my best bet and do a double move when more teams enter the fray in GW4.
I wouldn't bother in you place. Your issue is, as you say, having Hoff instead of Zach. Hoff may take more defensive duties while Henriksen is injured. But I do see Hoff as a great value pick in the long term. Zach is tempting so I understand your question. If you are determined to keep Zach for some time, then maybe it could be smart. But I would personally not do anything if I already had three Rosenborg.

I had planned getting Zach at this point and that's what I'll do (for Sørli). My issue is Islamovic. If his injury keeps him out I'll be down to two from Rosenborg again and a very expensive striker doing nothing. If we know for certain that he's out then I can easily turn him into Molins. But uncertainty is no good and could even make me transfer him into Botheim, Moses or Bamba.

Good to see great scores from five out of eighth in the FISO league this GW! Three of us are already in top 1000 overall. Keep it up!

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Thanks Bola, and good luck to you. Regarding Dino, rbkweb quote Hareide as saying the Dino is unlikely to play due to the groin strain.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Looks like I need a Islamovic replacement also.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 14 May 2021, 22:35 Looks like I need a Islamovic replacement also.
He will be back soon so why not bench him and do Sorli to Zac for the DGW?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

^ Hope you kept Sorli for his 11 points, though Zac does have another game to play this week and could easily get a haul against the leaky Brann defence.
Sorli to EUA was the worst move I could have made, only to make it worse by captaining him for a cameo in a goal fest for Ohi :mrgreen:
Double game week fever :roll:
Easy to just reverse that move this week and look at getting the cash together for Ohi in the next couple of weeks.
GW 7 will be approaching fast now so any transfers would be done with half an eye on the next dgw entrapment and the attack attack.

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

This may turn out to be one of my worst GWs ever for my part. 22 points from 10 players. Still one more match in a DGW for Rosenborg and improvement is the only way from here.

Let me mention Strømsgodset. This was their first game in ES this season. They have mostly been seen as a "no-go-zone" after much pre-season trouble. But they were playing really good attacking football yesterday. Something to watch out for, though I don't dare to go there yet.

Rosenborg will have to call themselves "lucky" after getting a draw against Bodø/Glimt. B/G was the better team and they have once again created a team with a good attacking flow.

I was also pleased to see Mjøndalen getting three points against Sandefjord. However, I think most teams will get three points against Sandefjord. They did a miracle last season and miracles rarely happen twice. defence was the source of the miracle last time around, three goals down versus one of the weakest attacks does not bode well for a repeat.

I didn't watch a minute of the game Viking-Tromsø, but I have to give credit to Tromsø for winning and there are some interesting budget options in the team.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Donnum captain fail this week for me.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 25 May 2021, 10:57 Donnum captain fail this week for me.
My Captain was not too bad but the rest of the squad as disappointing ( but not as bad as GW3 :roll: )

Good luck, GW7 seems to be RU friendly but every " mann og hunden hans" will have the same squad.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Having missed the deadline for the last game week :? I find I have a rare 2 transfers to use or burn ( RU for GW7 so not carried over) 8-)
Changing Hansen now his double trouble is over to Linde Takes one Molde place but he should be " nailed" and not be as subject to rotation as his more expensive attacking team mates. Gregersen can stay in my play every week defender slot but I could be tempted to upgrade Aursnes to MWE or Brynhildsen at a later date ( subject to cash in the bank).
A bit stuck for the second transfer but probably one of my RBK pair will get shifted. Hoff is such good value and finding a replacement at the same or lower price is tough so Erlend Dalh Reitan could be on the chopping block. At 4.5 Pignatel Jenssen looks good value and gives me an extra 1.0 to spend in round 8. Food for thought anyway.
Good luck guys. Looking for differentials for GW7 RU will be tough.

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Hi Oxford NZ,

Missing the deadline could have been much worse - luckily you had the right captain with Botheim saved👍.

I‘m also with two free transfers and some similar questions than you but have not looked that close into the players yet. At first need to decide what to do for round 7 - still looking at whether actually having the RU for rounds 13/14 could be better and using Attack Attack or Double Captain now in round 7. Currently sitting on 7 doublers with 3 transfers remaining till GW7.

Regarding your team - are you convinced in Molde keeping many cleansheets? Linde and Gregersen is an expensive pair and you are blocking yourself from quickly changing to 2 attacking players. Personally I am thinking to let Gregersen go as I also don‘t see the chance for attacking returns that high. Bjoerkan and Borch seem more important in that premium segment. Agree on the Stabaek defence, interesting cheap options and a double soon (albeit difficult fixtures in that). Ottesen another.

How do you see Berisha? Upgrading to e.g. Ohi or keeping? He has about one shot per game at the moment. Tripic and downgrading Berisha to someone like Lehne Olsen could be an option.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

^ Berisha is a place holder at best for me. I see the second forward position as a potential captain place, and he only has the one GW so far ( that I missed) when he was a viable option to take the band.
Re Molde - The best GK starter for the double imo is Linde. I will have another look at WC time re keepers ( as I have a knack for not hitting ground running with that position in FPL recently).
Back in the day ( at the end of my football playing days) I played GK and like to think of that place in my squad as a differential. DGW goalkeeper points are like rocking horse droppings, but I dance with two left feet with clogs on ( according to the wife).

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Ha ha, don‘t mention the dancing skills😁.

Linde - I see him great for the double but you play Rich Uncle anyway then?

PS: just saw your comment on FFS on the GW7 thing. Taking 2 hits is also what is holding me back still to confirm going AA.

Still time to think through till tomorrow.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Stormrider wrote: 29 May 2021, 08:29 Ha ha, don‘t mention the dancing skills😁.

Still time to think through till tomorrow.
That is a challenge too good to miss ;) The Pogo, nutty train and the slow two step grope were ( are) my best dance moves, and the memories will last longer than my thoughts on fantasy football.
Back on topic - Not fully committed to RU, and could still miss the deadline as I could have a full dance card that night :)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Eliteserien Fantasy”