To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Tiger Woods car accident?

A forum for discussion on Sports (apart from Football) matters not involving fantasy issues.
el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 11 & 16; OFL Golf 4th 09; TFG OFL Overall, Majors, F1oG Winner 09

Tiger Woods car accident?

Post by el_pappje »

BBC rolling strapline suggesting he has been "seriously injured" in a car accident. Any other sites with any info on this?

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Re: Tiger Woods car accident?

Post by Vid »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/8383782.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nothing much there yet

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World- ... ay_Reports_" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On SSN as well.

Jack72
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maxi Muscle FF - 1st (October MOTM) . , TFF Weekender - 1st (Week 13) , Championship FF - 34th. WC 2014 TFF - 27th

Post by Jack72 »

Golfer Woods 'hurt in US crash' - bbc news

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 11 & 16; OFL Golf 4th 09; TFG OFL Overall, Majors, F1oG Winner 09

Post by el_pappje »

TMZ are known to have good info. It was this site that broke the Michael Jackson story. Just checked there - "alcohol not a factor", but more worryingly......"the airbags did not deploy" when hitting a hydrant then a tree.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/27/tiger-woo ... car-crash/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit - this link from Roto. I'm aware I'm fanning the flames on incomplete information - this link suggests the airbags didn't deploy as the speed was sub 33mph.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 9881.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by el_pappje on 27 Nov 2009, 20:12, edited 1 time in total.

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018

Post by Spencer4 »

el_pappje wrote:TMZ are known to have good info. It was this site that broke the Michael Jackson story. Just checked there - "alcohol not a factor", but more worryingly......"the airbags did not deploy" when hitting a hydrant then a tree.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/27/tiger-woo ... car-crash/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Meaning he was traveling under 33 mph, I've read. The Orlando Sentinel broke the news and has the primary info, not that that says much more.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Spencer4 wrote:
el_pappje wrote:TMZ are known to have good info. It was this site that broke the Michael Jackson story. Just checked there - "alcohol not a factor", but more worryingly......"the airbags did not deploy" when hitting a hydrant then a tree.

Meaning he was traveling under 33 mph, I've read. The Orlando Sentinel broke the news and has the primary info, not that that says much more.
If he was was pulling out of his drive (as reports say) he wouldn't have been. Mind you, he might well have pulled into the path of someone who was......

Five long bones
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Five long bones »

BBC reporting that he has been released from hospital.

muzzinho
Grumpy Old Man

Post by muzzinho »

Five long bones wrote:BBC reporting that he has been released from hospital.
Thank f*ck for that. On a slightly morbid slant, don't think there's a sportsman in the world I'd be more gutted about if he died than Tiger Woods.

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Sounds like it might have been serious facial injuries.

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

likewise, but eff me, 'seriously hurt' my arse :lol:

Crashed then signed himself out with facial lacerations.

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight

Post by el_pappje »

I suspect it'll turn out to be something daft like the Woods family ran out of nappies in the middle of the night, he's jumped in his car half-asleep to go to the Kwik-e-mart, boshed the hydrant and then the tree.

Sorry for all the fuss :oops:

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

muzzinho wrote:
Thank f*ck for that. On a slightly morbid slant, don't think there's a sportsman in the world I'd be more gutted about if he died than Tiger Woods.
Agree with you there. Have to say, the way Sky were breaking it reminded me of the Jacko story, and when they interrupted somebody talking to say "We have just heard that Tiger Woods has..... " but fortunately it was followed with "been released from hospital"

Talk is he may face charges - it was an odd time for him to be leaving his house - they stated 2.30am ish I think.

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

el_pappje wrote:I suspect it'll turn out to be something daft like the Woods family ran out of nappies in the middle of the night, he's jumped in his car half-asleep to go to the Kwik-e-mart, boshed the hydrant and then the tree.

Not your fault. It seems that everything nowadays is "BREAKING NEWS!" flashed all over the news room. I remember the days when something serious happened, before 24 hours news channels, they said "We interrupt this programme to bring you a newsflash". Then you knew it was serious.

It's an odd one. A big gap between the accident and the police reporting it. Main thing is, he appears fine.

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight

Post by el_pappje »

Jonathan wrote:
muzzinho wrote:
Agree with you there. Have to say, the way Sky were breaking it reminded me of the Jacko story, and when they interrupted somebody talking to say "We have just heard that Tiger Woods has..... " but fortunately it was followed with "been released from hospital"

Talk is he may face charges - it was an odd time for him to be leaving his house - they stated 2.30am ish I think.
I think the chat about charges is what might happen in any accident. As for the timing - hence my nappies idea :lol:

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

Jonathan wrote:I remember the days when something serious happened, before 24 hours news channels, they said "We interrupt this programme to bring you a newsflash". Then you knew it was serious.
I know what you mean. Not that I like serious news (any more than the next man ;)) but they've watered it down far to much now. A bit like the dilution of the words "hero" and "legend".

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Jonathan wrote:
el_pappje wrote:I suspect it'll turn out to be something daft like the Woods family ran out of nappies in the middle of the night, he's jumped in his car half-asleep to go to the Kwik-e-mart, boshed the hydrant and then the tree.

Not your fault. It seems that everything nowadays is "BREAKING NEWS!" flashed all over the news room. I remember the days when something serious happened, before 24 hours news channels, they said "We interrupt this programme to bring you a newsflash". Then you knew it was serious.

It's an odd one. A big gap between the accident and the police reporting it. Main thing is, he appears fine.
Yeah, felt very like the Jacko story as it broke, and I suppose that has probably influenced the news channels to follow up these kind of stories and take them seriously. There's bound to be a few "false alarms" as a result, thankfully it looks like this was one of them.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

murfnews proudly brings you an exclusive photograph of the damage to the car.

muzzinho
Grumpy Old Man

Post by muzzinho »

murf wrote:murfnews proudly brings you an exclusive photograph of the damage to the car.
That's your funniest post in my time on here. :)

RichardRoma
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RichardRoma »

Went for a drive....found a water hazard and then ended up in the trees :lol:
Last edited by RichardRoma on 27 Nov 2009, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018

Post by Spencer4 »

RichardRoma wrote:He found a water hazard and then ended up in the trees :lol:
Very good (if you came up with that I'll eat my cat), I mean hat...

RichardRoma
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RichardRoma »

Google it. :D

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Spencer4 »

Yes all over the place, but good all the same.

RichardRoma
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RichardRoma »

Just like Wigans defence.

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

RichardRoma wrote:Just like Wigans defence.
I bet you didn't google that one.

RichardRoma
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RichardRoma »

Nope but Wigan are prepared to replay the game for the hand ball by Scharner :D

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

RichardRoma wrote:Nope but Wigan are prepared to replay the game for the hand ball by Scharner :D
Now you see, that was funny! :lol:

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight

Post by el_pappje »

Jonathan wrote:
RichardRoma wrote:Nope but Wigan are prepared to replay the game for the hand ball by Scharner :D
I know, I even posted it a week ago on the Ireland v France thread once I'd nabbed it from the Eurosport web article :wink:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Jonathan wrote:
It was last monday :wink:

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

murf wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
It was last monday :wink:
Not if you didn't hear it until today.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sports Talk & Events (excluding Football)”