To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Well done England.

A forum for discussion on Sports (apart from Football) matters not involving fantasy issues.
Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Well done England.

Post by Spinynorman »

What an incredible test match. Rather strange in that I felt that England were out performed throughout the match even including the first hour this morning.

Well done England. :)

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: Well done England.

Post by murf »

Only heard a bit on the radio. They were just saying how some stats predictor tool was only giving us a 16% chance of victory and then our 5th wicket fell. I didn't hear how they rated our chances after that but you'd be rich if you stuck a ton on then at the bookies.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

I have to admit that if I'd had a tenner to spare it would have gone on a Pakistan win.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

A great run chase to win the test, well played England. Looking forward to the rest of the series now but I expect Pakistan to win the next test and the series.
I do think we will see more record breaking run chases in test cricket in the future, the limited over game is giving players more confidence and a different skill set to be able to chase down a big deficit. It is just a shame the crowds are not able to be in the ground to watch and celebrate a great test win.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

A great match - what test cricket is all about.
The predictor went from 80:20 Pakistan to 85:15 England in the space of a couple of hours - the game really could have gone either way and kept the crowd (sic) on the edge of it's armchair all day!

I disagree with OxNZ - England just needs it's top four to click and will then hold the advantage. Hope Zak Crawley is back for the next game but difficult to drop Woakes after his MOTM performance this game - Burns or Sibley then....?

Pakistan has some great flare players but only Shah is a constant top performer - we saw today what happens when the pressure is on them.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Jester wrote: 08 Aug 2020, 23:54 A great match - what test cricket is all about.
The predictor went from 80:20 Pakistan to 85:15 England in the space of a couple of hours - the game really could have gone either way and kept the crowd (sic) on the edge of it's armchair all day!

I disagree with OxNZ - England just needs it's top four to click and will then hold the advantage. Hope Zak Crawley is back for the next game but difficult to drop Woakes after his MOTM performance this game - Burns or Sibley then....?
Anderson will make way. He was the least effective of our bowlers here and at 38 shouldn’t play every match in a packed schedule in any case. Leaving out the spinner could also be an option depending on the conditions. We were a batsman light but got away with it.

I’d pretty much given up on it when Stokes went and certainly when Pope followed shortly after, thought we would be rolled over for 150. But it only takes one partnership in a chase like this. Woakes and Buttler both needed runs, and produced career defining performances. Doesn’t change the fact both were probably a place too high in the batting order though!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sports Talk & Events (excluding Football)”