To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sir Geoffrey

A forum for discussion on Sports (apart from Football) matters not involving fantasy issues.
raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Sir Geoffrey

Post by raoul »

what do we think?

Convicted of any crime at all means awards like this should be off the agenda forever?

Or like drugs bans they should involve a period of time off the agenda and then forgive and forget?

I know some will say the whole honours system itself is loopy but on the assumption it continues to exist, should Geoffrey be Sir?

(and congrats to Mr Strauss).

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: Sir Geoffrey

Post by murf »

The whole system is loopy. Look at Archer and others who have done far worse (when measured by sentence). Just because domestic violence is more of a PC type issue his case gets highlighted.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

murf wrote: 10 Sep 2019, 16:49 Just because domestic violence is more of a PC type issue ...
You think domestic violence is an issue related to "political correctness"?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

RomynPG wrote:
murf wrote: 10 Sep 2019, 16:49 Just because domestic violence is more of a PC type issue ...
You think domestic violence is an issue related to "political correctness"?
The highlighting of it in this instance is, as I said compared to awards to those with bigger convictions for other crimes (including non-domestic violence).

Maybe I used the wrong phrase - I couldn't think of a better one so I added "type" - could also have put it in quotes. "Emotive"?, "media-invoking"? bait for the so easily "offended" on social media???? The fact this all made the media and hence this thread and your response shows it invokes more emotion than other crimes of equal or greater 'badness' (as judged by sentence for want of a better way) which is kinda my clumsily-made point.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sports Talk & Events (excluding Football)”