To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Fraud vs Bellew

A forum for discussion on Sports (apart from Football) matters not involving fantasy issues.
liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Fraud vs Bellew

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Bellew wins again

Haye must have broken his toenail again

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Re: Fraud vs Bellew

That was a very good performance from Bellew.

His corner seemed angry it wasn't stopped in the 3rd (or 4th?) after Haye got dropped twice. Tony didn't panic tho, didn't fly in the next round, waited for the moment and put him away. Landed some nice shots, too.

Much more clinical and comprehensive than last time. No excuses from Haye this time.

I can't help but wonder if both will hang them up now. Haye definitely should and for Tony, that just seems a nice way to bow out.

What more can he achieve? The champions both ice him out. Maybe there's money in a big domestic Fury fight, but he'd smash him, too.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Bellew’s a cruiserweight by trade, there’s nothing in it for him to take on the bigger heavyweights like Fury. Seems more likely to drop down weights again if he fights on.

tedbull
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 82nd 08/09

Post by tedbull »

Can't imagine him fighting heavyweight again. The only big money fights left in that division are all with fighters who outsize him by too much. I'm not convinced he'll risk a big money fight he knows he can't win, and could get seriously hurt in.

The alternative is to 'generate' some animosity with a small heavyweight. If this fight has shown us anything it's that people will buy it, regardless of how blatantly contrived it is and how irrelevant the fight is in terms of being contenders.

Is there the money at Cruiser to get him back in the ring?

Gut feel is both fighters will finish there.

Credit where it's due though, he dismantled Haye tonight. Similar to the first fight he didn't lose his cool when the fight was his - just kept to his task. A much better boxer than he's credited with.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Reflecting on Haye - again, he was a natural cruiserweight who thrived at heavyweight for a while in what was a pretty weak era. In later years injuries caught up with him and he talked a much better game than he fought. But he’s a two-weight world champion when all is said and done, he’s no Audley Harrison.

tedbull
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 82nd 08/09

Post by tedbull »

He was never quite right at heavyweight. You can see why he moved up but he could have dominated cruiser for a long time and gone down as one of the best.

The heavyweight fights don't really rank anywhere for me. I can't rank Valuev as anything but a freakshow. I'm not convinced that Haye could have achieved much more at heavyweight even without his injuries... he was running out of heavies he could get to.

Your right, he's certainly no Audley. A genuine world class fighter. Just not at Heavyweight.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

tedbull wrote:He was never quite right at heavyweight. You can see why he moved up but he could have dominated cruiser for a long time and gone down as one of the best.

The heavyweight fights don't really rank anywhere for me. I can't rank Valuev as anything but a freakshow. I'm not convinced that Haye could have achieved much more at heavyweight even without his injuries... he was running out of heavies he could get to.

Your right, he's certainly no Audley. A genuine world class fighter. Just not at Heavyweight.
The one accusation from Bellew that really hit home was that Haye was a 'jumped up' cruiser fighting at heavy and never a real heavyweight. You could see when Klitschko dominated him that he wasn't equipped to deal with both size and a bit of quality, he could cope with size but only as long as there was a complete dearth quality or boxing ability, hence Valuev.

Bellew himself knows when he stands next to proper heavyweights he wouldn't stand much chance at all despite the bravado, they're just too heavy and his punches wouldn't hurt them plus there's would be hammer blows. He also knows when he stands next to Haye its a heavyweight contest in name only.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sports Talk & Events (excluding Football)”