To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Tony Bellew - is it an act or is he really like that?

A forum for discussion on Sports (apart from Football) matters not involving fantasy issues.
scarletjim
Dumbledore

Tony Bellew - is it an act or is he really like that?

Post by scarletjim »

I don't follow boxing, so I've no idea who this guy is or if his behaviour is normal for boxing, but just watching SSN, David Haye (who I do vaguely know) has had a 10-minute 'interview' (slanging match) with this Tony Bellew chap, and I honestly don't know if I've ever seen someone so irritating. He simply won't shut up. It's like he's mentally ill or something. For those of you who follow boxing, is it just an act to help build up the fight, or is he really like this? If it's an act, it works - I, with absolutely no interest in boxing, will actually look out for this in March hoping that the other guy batters his mouth shut. What an embarrassment to humanity. :?

EDIT: OMG, now they're interviewing a female boxer called Katie Taylor who sounds like she is talking with 3 different voices at the same time. Nice friendly sensible girl, but with multiple voices. Maybe my TV is just broken. :/

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Re: Tony Bellew - is it an act or is he really like that?

Post by forestfan »

Boxers tend to score pretty highly on the twattery scale... I think David Haye makes a point of only ever fighting people who are even more full of bluster and bullshit than he is! :lol:

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

Quick look at the odds, Haye generally priced at 1/7 to win this fight so looks like the OP will probably get his wish.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

forestfan wrote:Boxers tend to score pretty highly on the twattery scale... I think David Haye makes a point of only ever fighting people who are even more full of bluster and bullshit than he is! :lol:
Although he ran away from Shannon Briggs who outhayed Haye.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Well that was a disappointment after waiting 3 months to watch it. Boxing is irritating - how many times have we seen an innocuous injury ruin what could otherwise have been a great fight? :(

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 11 & 16; OFL Golf 4th 09; TFG OFL Overall, Majors, F1oG Winner 09

Post by el_pappje »

It took Bellew over 5 rounds to end a fight against someone on one leg.

Then the love-in at the end was excruciating - clearly Haye after a rematch having lost, both looking to secure a final payday. Not sure they can sell the animosity angle now though given how loved-up they are.

foxinthebox2001
Dumbledore
FS Record: Fiso Cricket - The Limited Overs Game winner 2014

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

I turned off when Bellew said something about him getting married to Haye in July,

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Boxing is nearly all theatre, given there's no real structure or undisputed champions these days it's down to personalities and manufactured storylines to sell big fights. At least the outcome of the fight itself isn't generally scripted...

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote:Boxing is nearly all theatre, given there's no real structure or undisputed champions these days it's down to personalities and manufactured storylines to sell big fights. At least the outcome of the fight itself isn't generally scripted...

Sounds like that "Wrestling" thing.

Didn;t some bod from Hayes camp say that he had a bad leg\ankle before? It read\sounded like an excuse - I should have had 50p on the Scouser.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sports Talk & Events (excluding Football)”