To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

World Darts

A forum for discussion on Sports (apart from Football) matters not involving fantasy issues.
sleuth
Dumbledore

Re: World Darts

Post by sleuth »

Tricky Tree wrote:
golden bear wrote:
golden bear wrote:Gary Anderson is the man according to my darts fanatic mate.
He knows his biscuits.....
Good call, bit annoyed I didn't back him as intended to but never got round to it until I saw he was 4/1 which I thought a little tight.
He was 6/1 pre tournament as I backed both him and Wade.

Also backed Anderson to win 7-3, 7-4 & 7-5 and would surely of picked up if every other dart he threw didn't fall out of the 60 :twisted:

Taylor missed out BIGTIME imo, for not throwing his darts out of the board in Set 9 after Andersons 180 fell on the floor at the beginning of the leg.
Think he would of won over all the people that despise him for showing sportsmanship in that instance. I think the thought crossed his mind as he hesitated before throwing.
It wasn't as if it was a one off, as Anderson clearly had about 800 points on the floor in that game, not to mention the mental state he must of been in having to pause everytime he had a dart in the 60 that was about to drop out again.

So eff glad he eff up that set, all credit to Anderson.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Watching the BDO after the PDC is like watching conference football to Champions League in many instances.
I say that in every aspect from the overall quality of darts, to the crowds, pundits, glitz, prizemonies and commentary teams. The BDO is just pure amateur.

At a bored moment had a couple of Bets today on the Scotts

Waites for the experience and he's got a head like a eff hot air Balloon
&
Mitchell because he's had an excellent 2014 and he's nearly as fat as Waites head.

7/1 & 15/2 only in smalls - they also are in opposite halfs of the draw if I've read the BDO site right.

Can't stand that bottler Adams so I hope he doesn't win it although taken an instant dislike to another fat eff from Yorkshire Brian Dawson who beat Bruce Lee in the first round and plays again tonight.

Cannot believe how many fat eff are in the BDO. I hope one of Dawson's darts comes out tonight from the board and bursts him and his ego.

Tony Green should of been put infront of a firing squad in 19 eff 70 FFS and as for the king of Bling he was talking about Anderson today as a player that had never done anything before until yesterday and only now could he be regarded as a good player.

What a chap!!

Andersons Dart CV was and is longer than all of Bobby Georges medallion necklaces strung together

Bobby George Dart CV

wORLD cHAMPIONSHIP RUNNER UP 1980-1994
North American Open winner 1978.

Gary Anderson dart CV

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... s1Id8Mw3kg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by sleuth on 05 Jan 2015, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.

Tricky Tree
FISO Knight

Post by Tricky Tree »

sleuth wrote: Taylor missed out BIGTIME imo, for not throwing his darts out of the board in Set 9 after Andersons 180 fell on the floor at the beginning of the leg.
Think he would of won over all the people that despise him for showing sportsmanship in that instance.
He's there to win trophies not friends, that's why he's successful and also a reason so many dislike him. Winners have an arrogance and ruthless streak that doesn't sit well with our loser mindset.

The Bear
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Would be alot better but for Andy L & E !

Post by The Bear »

Tricky Tree wrote:
sleuth wrote: Taylor missed out BIGTIME imo, for not throwing his darts out of the board in Set 9 after Andersons 180 fell on the floor at the beginning of the leg.
Think he would of won over all the people that despise him for showing sportsmanship in that instance.
He's there to win trophies not friends, that's why he's successful and also a reason so many dislike him. Winners have an arrogance and ruthless streak that doesn't sit well with our loser mindset.
Federer and Nadal are successful and very popular so I dont get your argument.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Tricky Tree wrote:
Yes but as mentioned continually in this tournament. for whatever reason the PDC had a batch of dodgy boards and Anderson had hundreds on the floor it has never been klnow for so many darts to come out of the board, and not just Andersons.

As I said if it was a one off, I can understand Taylor's reaction to not be sporting but as it was continually happening to Anderson, in every game nearly, it was wrong.

It's happens in all sports where its clear a person has gained a complete unfair advantage, (even thought it was not Taylors fault) you see more and more nowdays sportsmanship where the opposing team will relinquish the fortunate advantage.

As i say even Rod Stud and Wayne Mardle mentioned at the time, that Taylor missed a huge PR own goal there even if Mardle later commentated he would of done the same thing.

If Taylor had won that final he would of won it because Andersons darts didn't stick , not because he bottled it or Taylor couldn't hit double 8.
Last edited by sleuth on 05 Jan 2015, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.

Tricky Tree
FISO Knight

Post by Tricky Tree »

Federer didn't used to be though did he?

Not saying it's a rule that is set in stone but would any winner in a final have thrown 3 darts to the floor?

Not Taylor's fault Andersons darts kept falling out

Tricky Tree
FISO Knight

Post by Tricky Tree »

Can't think of many finals sleu where something like this has happened, be happily enlightened

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

If Federer or Nadal benefited from a lucky net cord, would they deliberately double fault the next point? That's effectively what people are demanding of Taylor here.

OK, if you benefit from something unsporting, like scoring a goal when you should have given the ball back after an injury, or Mankading in cricket, that's when the team who benefits should charitably hand it back. But if it's just down to luck, put it to one side and carry on as normal.

The Bear
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Would be alot better but for Andy L & E !

Post by The Bear »

Tricky Tree wrote:Federer didn't used to be though did he?

Not saying it's a rule that is set in stone but would any winner in a final have thrown 3 darts to the floor?

Not Taylor's fault Andersons darts kept falling out
Id say Feds been pretty popular throughout his career ( dont get me wrong I find him abit up himself though ).
I dont blame Taylor for not throwing his darts on the floor - ive just never supported him

Tricky Tree
FISO Knight

Post by Tricky Tree »

Touch of arrogance about Fed?

As for Nadal, be rude to speculate why he's humble :wink:

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Did you notice how many times also Taylor ruffled Andersons hair or tried to? It must of been around double figures.

One recalls when Barney did that Taylor few years back, god did the eff toys come out of the pram or what. Taylor wanted a fight on stage there and then.

Taylor was visibly choked and didn't know how to react, he looked a complete chap up there trying to steal Andersons limelight.

I would of liked to of seen Anderson take the board down- aka Taylor, Sign it, and then give it to Taylor and say I didn,t just beat you I beat your eff keeper too you can have that son. Now piss off this stage.

Bunners
Dumbledore

Post by Bunners »

sleuth wrote:Did you notice how many times also Taylor ruffled Andersons hair or tried to? It must of been around double figures.

One recalls when Barney did that Taylor few years back, god did the eff toys come out of the pram or what. Taylor wanted a fight on stage there and then.

Taylor was visibly choked and didn't know how to react, he looked a complete chap up there trying to steal Andersons limelight.

I would of liked to of seen Anderson take the board down- aka Taylor, Sign it, and then give it to Taylor and say I didn,t just beat you I beat your eff keeper too you can have that son. Now piss off this stage.
Ive never particularly disliked Taylor, in fact what he has done for the sport clearly has to be respected, however I agree with the two points highlighted, did make him look like a t**t

You also made the point about the BDO - We go every year (opening day), and did so again this year and have been to umerous PDC events, it will be our last year of going to the BDO, amateur is how I would describe everything.

turned up at 1 to watch a qualifier, then had to wait til 2.30 for 1st proper game, then (with all due respect) it was a womans game followed by a final mens first round game....that finished at around 4.45...there were then no communications regarding restart time which I believe was 6.30 (ish).... there was too uch waiting around, poor comms and of course the darts was poor (Adams v Dekker was ok actually!)

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

Went to the BDO tournament over the weekend - great fun, even though the quality of darts is a bit hit and miss.

The Latvian Madars Razma looked impressive (by BDO standards) and his half of the draw has opened up a little, so e/w at 33/1 is worth a nibble.

p.s. Bunners - the two session start time split was stated in advance as 1pm and 6.30pm for Sat - agree the communication to the audience was poor though - with all the screens there they could have put the timings up on them between games

Bunners
Dumbledore

Post by Bunners »

kingcurtley wrote:Went to the BDO tournament over the weekend - great fun, even though the quality of darts is a bit hit and miss.

The Latvian Madars Razma looked impressive (by BDO standards) and his half of the draw has opened up a little, so e/w at 33/1 is worth a nibble.

p.s. Bunners - the two session start time split was stated in advance as 1pm and 6.30pm for Sat - agree the communication to the audience was poor though - with all the screens there they could have put the timings up on them between games
yeah it was more the comms on the sat, i.e. the 4th game finished and nothing was said etc, I think it was lots of little things, i.e. having a qualifying game as one of the games etc etc

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Is there any reason why Anderson's darts kept falling out in the final and Taylor's didn't?

I thought Anderson bounced back extremely well to win it, which made my missus very happy as she's scottish :-)

Ps Taylor has always struck me as a bit of a twit and the hair ruffling thing seemed entirely in keeping with that. The guy is a phenomenal darts player but he's just about the last person you'd actually want to go to a pub and have a drink with.

Tricky Tree
FISO Knight

Post by Tricky Tree »

Unless he was your doubles partner at darts :)

My favourite moment was when he went to fist pump Anderson who totally ignored him and left him hanging :lol:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Who was it that once accused him of trying to deliberately distract them by farting?

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

One of the great games last night in Wolfie v Durrants

Final shaping up well now on BBC2

golden bear
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 9 Ball Champ, Incidental and murfs Knockout Cups Winner

Post by golden bear »

For all the talk about Phil Taylor being a dick, I'd much rather punch Wolfie Adams.

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man

Post by kingcurtley »

6-6 ...

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

sleuth

Post subject: Re: World Darts

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2015, 19:22

Dumbledore

Watching the BDO after the PDC is like watching conference football to Champions League in many instances.
I say that in every aspect from the overall quality of darts, to the crowds, pundits, glitz, prizemonies and commentary teams. The BDO is just pure amateur.

At a bored moment had a couple of Bets today on the Scotts

Waites for the experience and he's got a head like a eff hot air Balloon
&
Mitchell because he's had an excellent 2014 and he's nearly as fat as Waites head.

7/1 & 15/2 only in smalls - they also are in opposite halfs of the draw if I've read the BDO site right.

Can't stand that bottler Adams so I hope he doesn't win it although taken an instant dislike to another fat eff from Yorkshire Brian Dawson who beat Bruce Lee in the first round and plays again tonight.

Tku very much had both winners of the darts Anderson and Mitchell.

bigsheff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bigsheff »

if you throw enough darts... :wink:

:oops:

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

bigsheff wrote:if you throw enough darts... :wink:

:oops:

Don't make me stick up what I won on the nags this year Shelfy you would really be choking on ur cornflakes.

Picked two players in each darts tournament but only in smalls and only won smalls.

bigsheff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bigsheff »

Fair play mate.

I'm shite at it, mugs game was definitely coined for me.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

bigsheff wrote:Fair play mate.

I'm shite at it, mugs game was definitely coined for me.
Apparently pre tournament Mitchell was 20/1 but I only had a bet on him after I saw that he beat O'Shea and although I don't overly rate O'Shea, he is no Mug in the BDO sphere.

There are too many unknowns for me in the BDO and if I'm honest if I did have a bet pre-tournament it probably would of been on Glen Durrant ( no idea his price pre tournament) but something stuck with me watching him earlier in the season in the Jersey open playing well. He probably deserved to win this tournament but now I don't see how he will ever recover after taking defeat so badly.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

MVG taken out by Barney... even with the man in green averaging 105 :shock:

Surely now set up for Phil Taylor's 17th title, despite his relatively mediocre form so far. Although Gary Anderson looks to be in the sort of form that could see him retain his title as well.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Bookies make Anderson favourite now... he's likely to play Taylor in one semi. From the other half of the draw - Barney, Lewis, Wright, Smith, Chisnall - stick a pin in it.

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man

Post by kingcurtley »

Think it will now be Lewis again this year.

Had e/w pre-tourn bets on Wade (20s) and Wright (25s) so hopefully one makes the final

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Wade looked poor yesterday, though seemingly had a touch of man flu...

Anderson and Lewis look like the two who are marching on pretty relentlessly, as opposed to the up and down/one big performance players. I refuse to write off Taylor until he's officially hung up his darts for good though, still think there's one more in there, somewhere.

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man

Post by kingcurtley »

Smooth stuff from Norris so far. Proving BDO still ain't all bad.

Glad Wright pipped it, should be a cracker v Lewis.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sports Talk & Events (excluding Football)”