To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

This week I am mostly listening to....

A forum for discussion on Music topics whatever your taste.
Dennisthemenace
Grumpy Old Man

Re: This week I am mostly listening to....

Post by Dennisthemenace »

This song always makes me smile and this particular footage is awesome

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

New stuff from The Breeders :)

https://youtu.be/5i76b0OrdIQ

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Bit of elastica about that track

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Apparently it’s Blue Monday today

Maldini
Dumbledore

This week I am mostly listening to....

Post by Maldini »

Steve Lamacq been championing these for the last few weeks. Been listening to their new album over the past week and have to say, it’s absolutely superb.

Album of the year so far!

https://youtu.be/QkF_G-RF66M

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

Maldini wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 09:50 Steve Lamacq been championing these for the last few weeks. Been listening to their new album over the past week and have to say, it’s absolutely superb.

Album of the year so far!

https://youtu.be/QkF_G-RF66M
It's a cracking tune and even though it's got a distinct political message, it's put across in a positive way. The album went in at number 5. It's the type of thing Joe Strummer would have written if he was young now.

Dare I say movement, but if you like that then you may like this :-

8-)

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

If you like a bit of glam tinged pop then this may float your boat (plus the lead singer looks like Freddie circa 1974)

Me, well I've got something very Snoop inspired on my MP3, best track on tyhe album Colors for me :-

Is there nothing he cannot do ?

furystorm
Cheetah

Post by furystorm »

lofi and indie this week

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won DT WC 2018
Won DT weekender wk 2 18/19
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

I’m loving the new Sam Fender song “Hypersonic Missiles” at the moment. Great chorus and top lyrics.

Also loving Ian Brown’s new BIG inspired 7 minute video “From chaos to harmony”😎

Guilty pleasure wise I’ve played Don Henley’s Boys of summer loads recently🤭

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

MADCHESTER UTD wrote: 06 May 2019, 08:04 I’m loving the new Sam Fender song “Hypersonic Missiles” at the moment. Great chorus and top lyrics.

Also loving Ian Brown’s new BIG inspired 7 minute video “From chaos to harmony”😎

Guilty pleasure wise I’ve played Don Henley’s Boys of summer loads recently🤭
Yeah love that Sam fender song, can tell he was influenced by Springsteen.

I like the debut ten tonnes album also worth a listen imo

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

The above links don't work for me. My current fave is https://youtu.be/BXPKpQevumc

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

Currently on Bluenosey's ye olde fashioned MP3 player :-

Cracking tune if you like a bit of circa 1978 punk. Also check out "I Got You" and "I'm Not a Loser". Not sure about those mullets though.

Forget your Sheerans, Stormzy's etc this kid's got it going on and great to see her stuff charting high in an otherwise see of blandness

Possibly ignore the arty-farty video but the song's great. It's a couple of years old now but if you like The Animals, you'll like this (PS They cover Wreckless Eric's "Whole WiId World " the best, IMO)

This popped up on one of those "you might like lists" and I'd forgotten all about it from back in the day. Glorious chill out song.

Well, there wasn't a separate thread for the passing of this guy but love this song. Lyrically it's just immense

Take it away, Scott.

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

Generally this thread is just a load of black embedded videos to me, with no idea what any of them are. Would be handy if the text also said what the band/ album / song was as well. OK I can click on them, but then half the time I just end up clicking on Danny Nedelko or something (which is a brilliant song of course, but if I knew it was going to be that I needn't have clicked on it to try and discover something new.

anyway - just picked up the Specials new album yesterday (special edition with a pretty good selection of old live tracks on a second album). Only on the first listen at the moment, but enough good tracks that its going to be played a few more times yet this week - better than I was expecting without Dammers writing.

Stena Bib
FISOhead
FS Record: Finished 530 FPL 2018/19

Post by Stena Bib »

Fade into you.

An all time classic

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

unc.si. wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 09:38 Generally this thread is just a load of black embedded videos to me, with no idea what any of them are. Would be handy if the text also said what the band/ album / song was as well. OK I can click on them, but then half the time I just end up clicking on Danny Nedelko or something (which is a brilliant song of course, but if I knew it was going to be that I needn't have clicked on it to try and discover something new.
Totally agree.
unc.si. wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 09:38anyway - just picked up the Specials new album yesterday (special edition with a pretty good selection of old live tracks on a second album). Only on the first listen at the moment, but enough good tracks that its going to be played a few more times yet this week - better than I was expecting without Dammers writing.
Better than I feared, albeit a bit patchy. There are now only 3 of the original Specials, same as the Fun Boy Three (2 of 3 the same) so not sure why they had to do the pointless cover of a FB3 song.... A few other covers on there. I love Black Skinned Blue Eyed Boys (don't know the original) but disappointed by Blam Blam Fever because I love the original. Also a few others are a bit 'speechy' so very few new 'songs'. I could happily reduce it to a 4 or 5 song EP and love it more for it.

Disc 2 is great and, in a way, makes you realise the album isn't that great! Hard when your own history is a hard act to follow :lol:

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Given this one a few plays today.

https://youtu.be/f4Qa1CoIwYQ

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Absolutely loving Nina Simone recently. Never really sat and listened to more than one song at a time.... granted this isn’t ‘her’ in her purest form, still a great track.

Her cover of Here comes the Sun is fabulous too.

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

Let's see what's happening here then.

So, Peaky Blinders has finished but not without some musical gems. Never been a Black Sabbath fan but appreciate what Ozzy, Tony, Geezer and Bill have done for the city. Then heard this, which is fantastic. Great harmonica :-

From the same series, this by Cabbage. Which, intro alone, is totally Arthur Shelby. Very mid 80s indie-ish, post punk

Next something a bit different. This is by Lizzo and it's a great poppy/disco/Donna Summer/ Bruno Mars sounding song. Very catchy and fair play to her, she is who she is and that comes across well in the video.

On a slightly sadder note, this is dedicated to Barrie Masters, lead singer with Eddie & the Hot Rods, who died this week. They only really had one hit but what a song it is. I first heard it on "The Sound of the Suburbs" CD I had for Xmas many years ago. Belting song 8-)

Finally, this is one of Madness's best of their recent offerings. Had a meet up with some of the lads recently and just for a change, drove to Llandudno (ooh, edgy) . Having a pint at the end of the pier, grey hairs, paunches, reading glasses....sort of reminded me of this. The late teens/twenties have been replaced by mid to late 40 somethings. We did the best thing to ignore it. Day sesh. Until about 10pm :? :lol:

*Stay Forever Young* :D

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

Madness have just brought a book out:

"Before We Was We" the story of 7 spotty herberts riding freight trains, spraying graffiti, stealing records, clothes and musical instruments before forming a band.

Their concerts are a mixture of mid to late 40 somethings and their children. My youngest is 9 and has already seen Madness three times!

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

Let's have a look on my trustee sansa clip, see what's occurring, as Nessa may say.

So many famous musicians in this first band at some stage - Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck but I love Brian Auger's harpsichord. 60s belter from The Yardbirds

Next up, Bluenosey gets scarily half relevant, or rather the Weeknd goes retro. Sounds like he's found a Flock of Seagulls's greatest hits but I really like this tune

Shall I post it, well everyone talking about it, sort of, so here's Billie Eillish with her James Bond song "No Time to Die". I think it's great, but I would. Builds into a nice orchestral crescendo

Back to "my time". A lot of bands peaked during the britpop years, say 94-97. But even though this next lot had a big hit with "Wake up Boo", I always preferred Giant Steps, which is a cracking album and this is a bit of guitartinged pyshedelic indie from around 93 by the Boo Radleys :-

Time for an encore. This song is a massive "up yours" to whoever you want it to be aimed it. Take it away, Edith

Viere
FS Record: 7

Post by Viere »

Imagine dragons - only

alexawiliams784
Cheetah

Post by alexawiliams784 »

Maroon 5

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Deep Purple 6

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

Great "newish" band, great song

I've been listening to Tea for the Tillerman a lot, this is a gorgeous song :-

Also equally chilled but uplifiting, Simon and Garfunkel's 59th Street Bridge Song, sang live :-

And one of my favourite songs of the year so far from the lovely Ms Rey :-

Finally, the man who really put glam into glam, RIP Steve Priest :-

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

I think everyone should watch this, especially anyone that thinks the UK doesn't have an issue with racism. Great song anyway but this performance is fantastic.

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

and from the Brits 2 years ago

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

and finally the absolute genius of Nina Simone

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Unc, their lives so matter - just not as much as white ones :roll:

https://youtu.be/pm6xCwNKtnQ

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

blahblah wrote: 14 Jun 2020, 03:14 Unc, their lives so matter - just not as much as white ones :roll:

https://youtu.be/pm6xCwNKtnQ
I love that song. I’ve got it on 7” somewhere. You have to turn it over half way through 😀

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Music”