To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Glastonbury 2016

A forum for discussion on Music topics whatever your taste.
forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Re: Glastonbury 2016

Post by forestfan »

It's back at the usual site in 2019 as it stands. It was next year (the already scheduled "off" year) that they were looking at having a replacement event in another location, but that idea appears to have been abandoned. I guess Reading and Leeds will just have to step up a notch next year (or maybe big artists will opt for a summer in the recording studio).

llama
Grumpy Old Man

Post by llama »

Well, it seems Glasto 2017 went down as a classic year. Of course it would, I didn't get bloody tickets :twisted:

The line-up was the best in 10 years for me. And the weather was perfect - much needed after the washout of 2016 ( I was there for that one :( )

Managed to watch a fair bit over the weekend on the iplayer, including....

Foo Fighters - Awesome! The perfect headline performance. Certainly one of the best things I have ever seen on the pyramid stage (even it was from the comfort of my front room :( )

Radiohead - Excellent. Probably not one for the casual fan. Reports from site say it was the smallest crowd for a headliner in quite some time, and it got smaller as the set went on. I really enjoyed it. The last hour was especially good.

Ed Sheeran - Rubbish. Just him and an acoustic guitar - no, not a pyramid headliner for me.

The Flaming Lips - Really, really good. Fantastic visual show. Would love to have been there for that.

Kate Tempest - Incredible!! Such raw talent. Full of passion and you could see the audience were quite moved buy this performance. Another one I'm gutted to have missed.

All in all another superb year for the best festival around.

It will be a long, long wait for 2019.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

llama wrote:Kate Tempest - Incredible!! Such raw talent. Full of passion and you could see the audience were quite moved buy this performance. Another one I'm gutted to have missed.
Just watched that. Brilliant and intense. She ignored her more accessible stuff (Everybody Down) but was mesmerising.

Now watching Songhoy Blues, good stuff too :D

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

I'll have a look at Kate Tempest tonight.

Watched the Killers set last night. I generally don't get jealous about things, but I would have loved to be in the John Peel tent then.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Re: RE: Re: Glastonbury 2016

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

unc.si. wrote:I'll have a look at Kate Tempest tonight.

Watched the Killers set last night. I generally don't get jealous about things, but I would have loved to be in the John Peel tent then.
I saw the Killers a few years back and it was one of the strangest gigs I've been to. Musically, they were top notch - you'd think it was a studio recording rather than a live gig. But they walked on, played, walked off. Not a word from Brandon Flowers from start to finish, Absolutely no audience engagement at all. Went off and the audience quietly filed out.

Back to Glasto and I watched Royal Blood after the reanimated corpse of Kris Kristofferson had finished. Not a band I've paid a great deal of attention to before, but they were brilliant.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Music”