To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Husband & Wife colluding in $1m DraftKings USA win?

Daily Fantasy Sports from DraftKings UK.
admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Husband & Wife colluding in $1m DraftKings USA win?

Post by admin »

https://nypost.com/2020/01/06/bachelor- ... kings-win/

Accusations flying around that the two colluded in their max 150 entries each for which one of them won $1m this weekend. Draft Kings looking into the 'B' celebs entries.

Dumbledore

Re: Husband & Wife colluding in $1m DraftKings USA win?

Post by 12345678 »

that is an interesting read chris, i've always felt the rules are whatever the providers say they are (regardless of interpretations of unclear written words). obviously historically we have seen sdt pay out the con-tam-inator when rules were seemingly broken ever after changing them twice to aid and abet them, yet that story gained '0' column inches. in the uk the whole thing was pretty much blown open by a certain player entering more than 12x the allowed entries in different names and it was decided ultimately to let them stand after initial disqualifications. some organisations have disqualified others have told me it is ok.

slight differences here are that draft kings are not a newspaper so seem to have suffered from (not being saved by) an apparent non aggression treaty between papers when they foul up. secondly clearly draft kings rely on taking entry fees to survive.

cyki back in the day dealt with matters the right way in my view, disqualifying when the t&c suggested they should, but most don't and that has been clearly established in some games. most of those games have 'gone to the wall'.

as far as i can see as long as they can disqualify per their t&c they have no real problem and should disqualify otherwise all their games become 'tainted'.

personally i think if they haven't put themselves in a position where they can legally disqualify they deserve every rotten tomato thrown at them!

whether they should have put this in their terms is another matter. personally i love large multis they keep games afloat for the sharps, but many feel intimidated by them and thus occasionally a firm tries to stop the large multis.

fanteam reps will no doubt be following this with interest having had an unlimited epl comp (frank where are you with an analysis of how they are doing?) then deciding to run a limited entry UCL comp.

if DK are legally able to not pay out then they shouldn't and suspect they won't. sadly one for the solicitors to look at!

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

warning jordan does use some 'language timothy' but regardless of what you think of him, no doubt he is a very good daily fantasy player and gives an open honest take.

to be honest his views largely coincide with mine.

the guidelines are there, but will they be followed? are they legally enforceable?

this is definitely draft kings metro moment.

a very long video but well worth a listen if of interest to you.

https://twitter.com/blenderhd/status/12 ... 3551767552

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

i think jordan's analysis is spot on and anyone who has ever whinged about 'multis' should give it a full play whilst doing something else ;)

hopefully fanteam reps will give it a viewing.

if you haven't got the time or patience here are a few salient points.

'the law means nothing unless it is enforced'

he points out that the villains here are DK but we 'attack one another instead of the company'

he points out the need for 'transparency' as far as good players go and that others probably don't care and will continue to play.

his view on this is that 'probably nothing will happen' which has generally been the case in seasonal FF here. but in all likelihood 'we don't know they wouldn't tell us'

his view re 'cheating' is 'it's not cheating unless it's enforced' which largely concurs with what i said to striker many years ago, 'i'm happy to play the rules as interpreted by the games providers'

the issue we have here is the same as many many games in the uk, the providers try to make the rules woolly and unclear so it becomes difficult to know what the rules actually are, although some have been exposed through practice and some through providers blatantly saying multi entry is allowed and the purpose of restrictive clauses is simply to reduce entries per ID (as they don't like 'dominated' leaderboards from a massive front running entry in particular).

i agree with jordan this will likely blow over and we won't find out what happens.

the only thing we might disagree on is that i think it DOES damage the companies running the games and we have seen plenty fold in the UK after being poorly run with ill defined rules.

time will tell but it is a bit like a test case and as jordan said they did come out and openly exonerate two brothers so it isn't a given that we won't hear anything further.

Yarmolarmolenko
Wideboy

Post by Yarmolarmolenko »

I'd imagine this is just the tip of the iceberg, any kind of restrictions on entry numbers will always encourage collusion. Interesting to see what the outcome will be.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “DraftKings UK”