To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Major Daily Fantasy Sports provider, DraftKings, Launches in the UK

Daily Fantasy Sports from DraftKings UK.
admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Major Daily Fantasy Sports provider, DraftKings, Launches in the UK

Post by admin »

One of the two leading daily fantasy sports providers, DraftKings, has now launched in the UK.

DraftKingsUK offers contests for English Premier League (PL) and UEFA Champions League (UCL).

There are also competitions for Golf (PGA Tour), E-Sports (League of Legends), American Football (NFL), Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, NASCAR, MMA, College Football & Basketball.

You can choose from free or paid contests & win real cash prizes. Welcome bonuses are on offer and more than $1 Billion in cash and prizes were awarded by DraftKings in 2015. DraftKings offers fantasy games with no season-long commitment by playing weekly and daily fantasy sports.

The game is currently played via an app (on iOS and Android) and a website version is currently in development.

Your deposit in GBP£ is converted into US$ and DraftKings gives UK customers two different bonuses:

i) Free tournament entry to the value of $3 to try out any eligible Daily Fantasy Sports game allowing you to test the waters before risking your own cash.

ii) A 100% deposit bonus based on your first deposit up to a maximum of £400. However this money is released as you earn Frequent Player Points (FPPs) by playing in real cash contests - for every 100 FPPs you earn, $1 of your bonus is released & you have 120 days within which to earn the full bonus meaning regular playing to get the full bonus. There is a Rewards program which allows you to exchange FPPs for tickets into different types of Daily Fantasy Sports games.

Would be interested in hearing anyones experiences of playing their competitions.

Striker
FISO Knight

Re: Major Daily Fantasy Sports provider, DraftKings, Launches in the UK

Post by Striker »

Hope that their "sprint" games don't catch on so that they move into "marathon" games which are the essence of fantasy games based on EPL.

In terms of matching the very short term American games, cricket especially 20/20 might be more appropriate.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Some of my very anti views here from earlier this season;

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=118478

We (in the UK) already have betting on individual scorers etc. And there are plenty of links above that suggest the equivalent of "insider trading" in daily games. I've found 12 companies trying to start similar daily or weekly games this season ... none with any more than 200 punters last I saw, will see if they pay out, good luck there.

garrincha67
Cheetah
FS Record: Good

Post by garrincha67 »

quizking wrote:Some of my very anti views here from earlier this season;

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=118478

We (in the UK) already have betting on individual scorers etc. And there are plenty of links above that suggest the equivalent of "insider trading" in daily games. I've found 12 companies trying to start similar daily or weekly games this season ... none with any more than 200 punters last I saw, will see if they pay out, good luck there.
I fully agree one can not be naive about these daily games. For a start I do not play any head to head games, as it is not transparent and trust worthy. 12 companies is just about right and more coming up. Most can not last for long term as they are too niche and can hardly attract significant number of new players to deposit & play.

My advice is to learn all aspects of these games (variance, bank roll management, contest selection) over a season. Then see where one stands. Not easy task, but an edge can be gained to be long term profitable. Or compliment with the standard betting market.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

I've been playing casually on DraftKings since they launched in the UK and must say I think their product is fantastic - they are so far ahead of any other daily fantasy site currently operating in the UK. And massive fields too.

I hope that DFS takes off in the UK, although am not convinced it will since we're allowed to do 'normal' betting.

I definitely encourage people to give it a try, but a word of warning for anyone who is good at FPL thinking they can play on DraftKings and make easy money: you won't. The American regulars who have been playing for a while know what they are doing, and the scoring system is very different to what we're used to here in the UK. You either have to be willing to put in the research, or just play for the fun of it with no expectation of being profitable in the long run (nothing wrong with either approach - I'm currently doing the latter for small stakes but hoping to become profitable once I find time to put the effort in).

Also, they allow private leagues (for real money or for fun only). Might be worthwhile for FISO admin to set up a private league for forum members, for fun only, so that people can get a chance to try it out against fellow FISO-ers without risking their money.

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

I'll download the app and have a trial this weekend see how I got on. I did play Mondogoal but you get quite a few who just enter tons of teams, several identical and it kind of ruins it for me

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

While the mass multi-entering does happen on DraftKings as it does on Mondogoal, it's much less noticeable due to the far larger number of unique players in each contest. Both sites do offer single-entry contests too, although it doesn't tend to be for their flagship events. The DraftKings ones can still be pretty big though.

The mass multi-entering happens on Mondogoal because there's pretty much always overlay on the big Saturday tournament. Back in the days when it was £2 entry I would enter the full 100 lineups because it was +EV even if I wasn't putting a great deal of research in. These days with it being £10 I've scaled it back a bit, but you're right - it's not really fun just playing against the same regulars with multiple lineups every week. They need to find a way to attract new players or else they're in trouble I think, especially now that DK has launched and is a vastly superior product.

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

Big_George
Kevin and Perry

Post by Big_George »

thesilkworm wrote:The American regulars who have been playing for a while know what they are doing, and the scoring system is very different to what we're used to here in the UK.
That's a great point - and it really puts an emphasis on team news. The 'late swap' is the one that will catch most UK players out - they need to get their head around how that works.
Love the John Oliver video - hope he makes another!

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Big_George wrote:
thesilkworm wrote:The American regulars who have been playing for a while know what they are doing, and the scoring system is very different to what we're used to here in the UK.
That's a great point - and it really puts an emphasis on team news. The 'late swap' is the one that will catch most UK players out - they need to get their head around how that works.
Late swap is a great feature - nothing more frustrating than having your player in the late kick-off unexpectedly miss out (happened to me with Oscar on Mondogoal the other week). There's some strategy to it as well, as you want to make sure you have enough flexibility with your picks in the late games to change things around as required. Tonight's Champions League contest stretches over the two nights, so you'll want to make sure your 'Utility' (any position) players are from tomorrow's games.

It's a $20 buy-in with $40k gtd prizepool tonight. There are some smaller ones too, and even a $1k freeroll for UK users only - useful for someone who wants to give it a go without risking any money, although I should point out that since it currently has 7500 entries, your equity from this freeroll likely won't be more than $0.10 :)

The scoring system could probably use some tweaking to be honest, as I think there is too much emphasis on crossing (crosses don't even have to be successful), but their pricing is excellent. You always need to compromise somewhere, but you can still always field a decent team. Mondogoal can go too far in both directions - tonight's Champions League is ridiculous as it's near impossible to build a team that fits within budget, and on Premier League days where the big teams aren't playing, price is no object.

Big_George
Kevin and Perry

Post by Big_George »

Definitely makes sense to preserve those utility picks for the later matches when possible. Kolarov is the interesting one for City tomorrow. Will he get the nod over Clichy against Kiev? There's also the Capital One Cup final to factor in.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Yes Kolarov seems ideally suited to the scoring system on DK. Think I'll bring him in if he's playing, although will mean having to reshuffle a bit as currently have cheaper defenders.

http://www.rotowire.com/soccer/champions-lineups.htm - these guys have Clichy in their predicted lineup, although their guess is no better than ours.

ralphypne
Treebeard

Post by ralphypne »

Has anyone been using the app on android?

I've been unable to deposit, has anyone had any problems with this? Is it right there is a 24 hour process time for new deposits?

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

ralphypne wrote:Has anyone been using the app on android?

I've been unable to deposit, has anyone had any problems with this? Is it right there is a 24 hour process time for new deposits?
I've been able to deposit no problem and was able to play with it right away (although haven't used the Android app).

Their desktop site launched yesterday, so would give it a try there.

ralphypne
Treebeard

Post by ralphypne »

thesilkworm wrote:

I've been able to deposit no problem and was able to play with it right away (although haven't used the Android app).

Thanks, will do.

What do you make of it so far?

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

News update from DraftKings UK:

DESKTOP IS NOW AVAILABLE
This week our desktop site and product launched, meaning players can now play on a full suite of products in the UK.

This week saw the second instalment of the #BeatTheBulldog series (SEE THE VIDEO HERE); the series continues to show and educate on DFS and how to play. The contest was trending on twitter for the second week running. The next contest will be next weekend.

MORE THAN FOOTBALL
Football remains a core sport but don’t forget about Golf, MMA and the range of other sports available. These sports have some large prize pools that are already proving popular with the UK player base.

- GOLF:
For just $20, players have a chance at their share of $4m ($1m to first place).

FOOTBALL
This weekend we have a number of free contests for player to take advantage of:
$1,000 Fantasy EPL Free Contest
#BeatTheBulldog Fantasy EPL Contest - (in the lobby from tomorrow)

We have two main contests in the next week:
• EPL $15K Striker – Starts Saturday
• EPL $25k Corner Kick Special – Starts Tuesday
Check out the FOOTBALL LOBBY for a full list of upcoming football contests

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

ralphypne wrote:
thesilkworm wrote:

Thanks, will do.

What do you make of it so far?
I think it's a great product. The scoring system is the main thing to get to grips with for UK users, but it's all very slick and easy to use. And it's nice being able to play for such large prizepools. I'm playing a $20 golf contest this weekend which has a $50k first prize. Unlikely of course, but it adds a bit of excitement.

ralphypne
Treebeard

Post by ralphypne »

thesilkworm wrote:
ralphypne wrote:
thesilkworm wrote:[quote="ralphyp
I think it's a great product. The scoring system is the main thing to get to grips with for UK users, but it's all very slick and easy to use. And it's nice being able to play for such large prizepools. I'm playing a $20 golf contest this weekend which has a $50k first prize. Unlikely of course, but it adds a bit of excitement.
Thanks for the feedback and good luck this weekend - I hope you went with Rickie over Rory!!

I stuck a team in the freeroll and it stinks!

HarryRog

Post by HarryRog »

thesilkworm wrote:I've been playing casually on DraftKings since they launched in the UK and must say I think their product is fantastic - they are so far ahead of any other daily fantasy site currently operating in the UK. And massive fields too.

I hope that DFS takes off in the UK, although am not convinced it will since we're allowed to do 'normal' betting.

I definitely encourage people to give it a try, but a word of warning for anyone who is good at FPL thinking they can play on DraftKings and make easy money: you won't. The American regulars who have been playing for a while know what they are doing, and the scoring system is very different to what we're used to here in the UK. You either have to be willing to put in the research, or just play for the fun of it with no expectation of being profitable in the long run (nothing wrong with either approach - I'm currently doing the latter for small stakes but hoping to become profitable once I find time to put the effort in).

Also, they allow private leagues (for real money or for fun only). Might be worthwhile for FISO admin to set up a private league for forum members, for fun only, so that people can get a chance to try it out against fellow FISO-ers without risking their money.
Hey there, I totally agree with you. I used to play on DraftKings a lot before, I started when I was studying in the US. It's a whole different thing there, DraftKings and FanDuel have almost a cult status. I hope it starts off well here, it's quite different from what we're used to here but I don't think it's that hard to learn how to play on a decent level. At first I relied a lot on advice from my friends but that can sometimes be a bit contradicting and confusing. There are also these websites that provide daily picking strategies that are very useful for beginners, fantasysportsdaily.com is a great one in my opinion. Also, I'd like it too if the admin decided to set up a private league, I've been reading the forum a lot lately and I'd love to join one,

pulpfiction
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in phase dream team europe, 3rd november manager of the month

Post by pulpfiction »

I registered with DraftKings recently and I am very impressed with their product.

Even with the limited number of football games that were being played, it was challenging to pick a line-up.

When THEY say it is 'live scoring' , they mean it.

I'm looking forward to the masters golf contest, where you can pick six golfers within a budget.

Now that the national lottery has blotted its copybook, DraftKings provides the chance of a big win for a small stake.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

thesilkworm wrote: Also, they allow private leagues (for real money or for fun only). Might be worthwhile for FISO admin to set up a private league for forum members, for fun only, so that people can get a chance to try it out against fellow FISO-ers without risking their money.
I'm at my place in Spain at the moment (where DraftKings is blocked) but have asked if any of the Moderators can set up a fiso private league.

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Okay, I've signed up, minimum deposit of £25 to see how it goes

I'll set up a free to enter FISO league for Saturday's fixtures when the option appears, presumably the best option is to keep it private in which case I'll need email/ username to invite and will need to know the interest ahead of setting it up for the number playing. So all those interested for a Saturday test league please post you intention to play and either post or pm your DK username for me to invite you. I'll go with the number expressing interest and letting me know their invite details before setting it up on Friday evening.

I'm probably not best suited for role due to my work schedule, but we'll see how it goes.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

My DK username is same as my FISO username.

brenzo
FS Record: 50% of top FPL

Post by brenzo »

Just joined in FISO! happy to see discussions about daily fantasy! Have started playing DK. Although the product isn't THAT good, it keeps me coming back (only for the free entries). I'll definitely join the FISO league!

So I wanted to get address the UK market and new companies coming up...I do think the UK market, although filled with betting houses, does have room for daily fantasy. Think it's mainly down to the experience you get when building a team for the day with the ability to make some money. Personally, building a team and entering into a league is more fun than just putting £5 on Chelsea to beat Southampton at 3-1 for example. Also, the UK hasn't really seen any innovation in the sports betting space. I can't think of one new introduction that changed the game here. It's looking like daily fantasy could be the one to do that. Many of the big dog betting houses will be catching on to it, like SkyBet just did their 6-aside fantasy.

I've also been seeing many daily fantasy companies spring up here in the UK. The best ones I've found so far are:
- DK - desktop and app - we all know it https://www.draftkings.co.uk/
- Mondogoal - desktop - soccer version of draftkings https://mondogoal.com/
- Fanaments - desktop - similar to Mondogoal- http://www.fanaments.com
- Dribble - iOS app - my favourite - it's the only different one - 5-aside fantasy football (like SkyBet) - head to head http://www.playdribble.com/

I'll keep my ear on the ground for any new ones. Thinking loads will pop up just for the Euros

selina_miller

Post by selina_miller »

I will download the app in this weekend. I would go with Golf.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

DK gave me free tickets in hospitality for me plus a guest at the Arsenal v Watford game at the weekend. Seems they offer like this to their 'VIP' players. I doubt I'll be considered a 'VIP' long term, but seems they don't have a huge number of UK regulars yet, so benefits like this might be possible for those who play a reasonable amount.

Looking forward to the big Masters contest coming up.

john89
Kevin and Perry

Post by john89 »

Strategy 02-09-2016 11:40
wow!

AKNel1
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: pretty dire with occasional moments of genius

Post by AKNel1 »

4 places left in a weekly private golf pool ($1 entry, 20 player, winner takes all)

Enter here
https://www.draftkings.co.uk/contest/draftteam/23085998

If you want a weekly invite, let me know your dk username.

AKNel1
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: pretty dire with occasional moments of genius

Post by AKNel1 »

AKNel1 wrote:4 places left in a weekly private golf pool ($1 entry, 20 player, winner takes all)

Enter here
https://www.draftkings.co.uk/contest/draftteam/23085998

If you want a weekly invite, let me know your dk username.

League full :D

Hotpot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotpot »

Once the tourney starts you can see how popular each selection has been (%draft) in the live scoring as you look at each team. Does anyone know if there is a quick way of seeing this stat for all players at once?

:D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “DraftKings UK”