To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Anyone else involved in FI?

Football stock market, where punters can buy and trade professional players with real cash.
CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Anyone else involved in FI?

Post by CBN »

Ok so now we've got this forum back to being visible who else is dabbling in Football Index?

With mainstream media advertising now going into overload I can see this really starting to fly now.

For those that have never heard of it, it’s basically a footballer stock market where you can make a profit by either dividends or capital appreciation on ‘futures’ that you buy in footballers. If you know your football, it’s pretty interesting. The platform seems to be growing at the minute with the top players on the rise as new countries join etc.

If there are a few I thought it would be good to have a thread to discuss tactics, tips etc.

A good resource for those wanting to find out more: https://www.footballindexedge.com/

It's not the reason for the thread but I do have a referral code here which will get both of us a free £10: http://trade.footballindex.co.uk/raf/?t ... 1&name=CBN (use code 337931)

Any questions, shout.
Last edited by CBN on 24 Jun 2019, 18:39, edited 2 times in total.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Re: Anyone else involved in FI?

Post by CBN »

Oh and there’s a 10% cash back bonus on purchases (with no strings attached) running until 1st May so it’s pretty hard not to make a few quid :D

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

have you played it for long?
are you making money / have you made money?

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

I've only just got involved having kept an eye on it for a fair while. I've made money so far but that's obviously not a sustained period. Know a few people who have made fortunes so I finally took the plunge. Am sure there must be people on here who've been involved a while. I'll report back in the coming weeks and months on how well I'm doing.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

not personally.

have a guy i chat with on tw1tter who is probably one of the best uk based DFS players. he said it was very good last i spoke with him, i tend to leave these things alone as insider dealing usually becomes an issue once there is decent liquidity. are you still finding it worthwhile?

will have to ask him how he is doing.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

20% up. Doddle to make money with so many fish.

Lots of ways to make money too, you don’t need to rely on fastest finger first or inside knowledge.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

I joined in March 2018, initally with 20 quid which was upto £1000 by July 2018.

Have just in the last week passed the 100% return to £2000.

Have made lots of mistakes along the Journey. You need to understand trends and also when to get off a player. (I've held players on a decent profit who started to decline and didn't get off quick enough)

Also just accept that a lot of stuff is illogical. You can make money if you follow an illogical trend but don't stay on it too long.

One concern is most people are making money in this period of expansion. At some point that will stop and genuine skill will be required.

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Just stumbled across this and looking to dabble is it still going strong?

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Very much so.

The next few weeks are a perfect time to join. You'll get in before it explodes ahead of the new season (marketing is going up another level) and until the end of this month you'll get a 10% bonus on anything you invest, no strings attached!

And if you use the referral link in the opening post with the code 337931 you'll get a free £10.

Happy to help with any questions here or by PM. Some great content here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBRKBj ... 15eejJc6GQ

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Football Index just announced as shirt sponsors for Nottingham Forest :shock:

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

CBN wrote:Football Index just announced as shirt sponsors for Nottingham Forest :shock:
Good time to jump on there players lol

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Their young Portuguese lad went up over 20% this morning 😄

chrisb182
Treebeard

Post by chrisb182 »

Do you use IndexGain?

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Yes I've recently signed up to IndexGain as my investment is now quite large so it's a valuable tool. Mind you even the free stuff on IndexGain is quite good.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

I've looked at it this morning. It looks exactly like the stockmarket where valuations are completely illogical. What creates the market sentiment as some world class players have really low values.

I'll for fun pick out £500 worth of players later today and we'll have a look and see what they are worth in a few months time.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

wandacatvenus wrote: 31 May 2019, 20:16 I joined in March 2018, initally with 20 quid which was upto £1000 by July 2018.

Have just in the last week passed the 100% return to £2000.

Have made lots of mistakes along the Journey. You need to understand trends and also when to get off a player. (I've held players on a decent profit who started to decline and didn't get off quick enough)

Also just accept that a lot of stuff is illogical. You can make money if you follow an illogical trend but don't stay on it too long.

One concern is most people are making money in this period of expansion. At some point that will stop and genuine skill will be required.
What creates the market sentiment as values of players are all over the place. Is it all about young players getting moves to big clubs?

Someone like Marko Arnautovic is 62p and looks really cheap but what will get people buying him to get his price up? Btw he shows as playing for Twente lol.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

CBN wrote: 31 May 2019, 18:00 20% up. Doddle to make money with so many fish.

Lots of ways to make money too, you don’t need to rely on fastest finger first or inside knowledge.
What creates the market sentiment on here? It looks to be about young players getting moves to big clubs and not really about player form.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

A player's intrinsic value is determined by his ability to win dividends.

If you're interested in finding out more then this sort of thing will help: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBRKBj ... 15eejJc6GQ

The community here is also ace for those who use Slack: https://indexgain.co.uk/premium-dashboard/

To extend an invite I've just made by PM, I'm in a WhatsApp group with a couple of FISOers if anyone joins and wants in.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Thanks, i'll take a look at youtube later.

I did pick out some players yesterday.....just as gut instincts (prices ive listed were yesterdays buy prices).

Timothy Weah Celtic 97p
Patrick Cutrone Milan 89p
Neal Maupay Brentford 87p
Kasper Dolberg Ajax 80p
Jurgen Ekkelenkamp Ajax 76p
Ainsley Maitland-Niles Arsenal 72p
Javairo Dilrosun hertha 70p
Gianluigi Donnarumma Milan 65p
Marko Arnautovic 62p

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Presumably, every time someone makes a profit, someone else makes a loss? And whichever way the money flows, the company behind it takes cut?

Sounds like roulette to me.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

bspittles wrote: 24 Jun 2019, 20:38 Presumably, every time someone makes a profit, someone else makes a loss? And whichever way the money flows, the company behind it takes cut?

Sounds like roulette to me.
Nope: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqDaPTHXFME

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

Hi,

OK, just started looking seriously at this and I've got a couple of questions...

I saw somewhere each share lasts for three years, but now I can't seem to find that anywhere. Is that right? What happens at the end of the three years?

How do 'trackers' work? If I bought one would it just be listed in the portfolio as 'tracker' and treated on a single thing or would all the players be listed individually and can then be sold separately?

itslikebrandnew wrote: 24 Jun 2019, 19:39 Marko Arnautovic 62p
Hmmm. Not sure about that one....

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Yes the ‘bet’ on each player (a share) lasts for three years. However, as the three year mark approaches you can sell them and buy them again and it effectively just costs you a bit of commission and the spread. So it’s no big deal and tbh not many people will hold a player that long.

The trackers are not trackers as you might imagine them. They are simply a quick way to purchase multiple players - if you buy Tracker10 you get one share in the top ten players, no different to buying them all individually.

Platform yet to explode ahead of the new season and in the time I’ve been on (less than three months) I’ve made 30% profit on my investment.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

OK, thanks.

So at the end of the three years your shares will just disappear? or are they just automatically sold?

I think I just about know what I'm doing. I've been watching a few youtube videos but they're hard work, they're all about twice as long as they need to be and one guy spent about a minute sniffing and coughing. Why wouldn't you just cut all that out? :lol:

It feels like I can make money on this. So far I've only bought ten shares in Wan-Bissaka to see how things worked. Lost £1 on the sale but made £2 on the dividends and sold just before the big price drop. Only a quid but if I'd bought a few hundred shares a few weeks earlier it would have been a nice profit 8-)

One more question. Is there somewhere I can see where my dividends money has come from? or the dividend returns on each player?

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

The shares will expire so you have to intervene. That’s the case now, likely to be v different in three years time.

While you own them, you can see dividend returns against each player. Hopefully the attached pic will work. Once you’ve sold them you would need to look at your transaction history.

8DDC1469-A20C-40AC-9AFA-A77A588CA1EE.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

Thanks.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Seven of us now in the FISO WhatsApp group. Index going to explode on another level as the season kicks off and plenty of mainstream advertising 👍

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

Hello again, thought I'd pop in and report back. It's going well 8-)

What I find a bit weird is how much players' prices rise after a goal or two, I know there are the dividends to come but that's nowhere near the price rise. I can understand it for someone like McGinn because a lot of people maybe just weren't really aware of him until today but Kane and Salah being regular scorers can't have come a big surprise :?

Anyway, I'm very much involved in this now. I mostly went with players I thought had gone a bit unnoticed so far and will become more popular in the future eg. Pukki, Maupay, McBurnie, Abraham. Best buy and biggest investment is John McGinn - he's up 30p already. Only player down in value is Benrahma, I guess a lot of people were buying/holding on in case he got a move to the Premier and then sold when he didn't.

Then a couple of safe ones in Sterling and Salah. I was thinking they'd just be steady long term holds with decent dividend returns but Sterling's up over 60p already :shock: Then a few players who just seemed underpriced compared with similar types eg Vardy, Lanzini. So far so good......

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

So who is it that's actually losing to pay for the rising share prices? If it's a market, then (ignoring platform fees) it should be a zero sum game, right?

So are there lots of mug punters buying high and selling low or is it basically a pyramid/MLM scheme right now where rising prices are just caused by active player numbers increasing?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Index”