To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Bridge cameras

A forum for discussion on Science and Information Technology matters and queries (including PCs, the Internet, TVs, Mobile Phones, Ipods and other gadgets).
Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Bridge cameras

Post by Spinynorman »

I already have a decent SLR camera but I'm considering getting a bridge camera for travelling and ease of use on holidays. Problem is is that I don't know much about bridge cameras. :?

I'm considering a budget of £300 - £400 and so far have had a look at the Sony HX400, Panasonic FZ82 and Canon PowerShot SX60.

Searching reviews on the interweb I can find both good and not so good for all of them. Should I not bother in this price range and go cheaper?

Other than perhaps not getting one does anyone have any tips or advice?

Cheers. :)

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Re: Bridge cameras

Post by Surprised »

At that price level you get big zoom but that only happens due to the small sensor which gives poor quality images. To get good images you will need to fork out double the budget and i think its beter to spend that on kit for the DSLR
The Panasonic FZ1000 is about 500 quid but comes with a 1" sensor which is good and as its 4 years old you may get a good price.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Bridge cameras

Post by blahblah »

Hmmm, so not about the camera on the bridge filming the Chinese Bus disappearing of to one side as a woman tries to batter the driver :|

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Science, Computers & Technology (e.g. PCs, Web, TVs, Mobiles, Ipods, Gadgets)”