To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Interesting article on the future of fantasy gaming

A forum for discussion on Science and Information Technology matters and queries (including PCs, the Internet, TVs, Mobile Phones, Ipods and other gadgets).
Finsimbo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: If only there was a record

Interesting article on the future of fantasy gaming

Post by Finsimbo »

Didn't know where to put this so here was a good a place as any

https://thenextweb.com/contributors/201 ... eam-alive/

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Re: Interesting article on the future of fantasy gaming

Post by Vid »

In North America alone, there are more than 60 million people invested in fantasy sports one way or another. Of those, a good dozen or more are concerned with daily fantasy sports and that number is only going to keep growing.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Fantasy sports games have been written off as a passing fad or a concept in decline for about 20 years now, and they’ve constantly disproved that and adapted, survived and thrived (though a lot of the changes haven’t necessarily been for the better).

“Daily” fantasy games just seem like sports betting by another name to me though, a proper fantasy game means being invested for a full season/competition, whatever your goals might be (whether that’s a six figure top prize or just beating friends/family/colleagues!)

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: 05 Dec 2017, 21:17 “Daily” fantasy games just seem like sports betting by another name to me
I totally agree as they are Betting by another name. People pay, pick then win\lose - not thta I have looked into them and don;t now if they even exist for proper Football.

Look at this Forum and the demise of so many Fantasy Games and we have just TFF, FPL and The Bun now. I don't know the numbers for each in the last 3-5 years beyond FPL going over 5m when a few seasons back it was 2-2.5m.

It seem to me that it is established and Competition has led and is leading to monopoly as most mature Capitalist sectors\industries\products are..... It is here to stay, and make a few people a lot of money.

Finsimbo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: If only there was a record

Post by Finsimbo »

blahblah wrote: 06 Dec 2017, 06:34 It is here to stay, and make a few people a lot of money.

Bit like crypto currency

see what I did there ;-)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Science, Computers & Technology (e.g. PCs, Web, TVs, Mobiles, Ipods, Gadgets)”