To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Getting tracked at work?

A forum for discussion on Science and Information Technology matters and queries (including PCs, the Internet, TVs, Mobile Phones, Ipods and other gadgets).
wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Getting tracked at work?

Post by wahine »

Just been given an device that follows me around at work :? It comes with a blue tooth lariat button that is meant to be pressed periodically, and both are meant to be kept with 10 metres, But I thought I ended my task when I finished my shift and looked at my timeline for the day it had been pinging on a regular basis and was incorrect with its location at times.
I thought I turned it off on Sunday night when I finished work but it has used battery (it has not been added to my WiFi at home) and I am just wondering how I can make sure this device only tracks me when I am working, for example if I am on a shift break how would I make sure its not tracking me, I mean, not that I have anything to hide :)
Is anyone familiar with this type of tracking device?
I still have more training in relation to it, but would like to have some questions ready to ask at that time.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Re: Getting tracked at work?

Post by Oxford NZ »

Interesting :)

I have a friend on the medical ethics committee based in Wellington, and will be seeing him at the weekend if you have any questions.

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

wahine wrote: 09 Feb 2021, 04:38 Just been given an device that follows me around at work :? It comes with a blue tooth lariat button that is meant to be pressed periodically, and both are meant to be kept with 10 metres, But I thought I ended my task when I finished my shift and looked at my timeline for the day it had been pinging on a regular basis and was incorrect with its location at times.
I thought I turned it off on Sunday night when I finished work but it has used battery (it has not been added to my WiFi at home) and I am just wondering how I can make sure this device only tracks me when I am working, for example if I am on a shift break how would I make sure its not tracking me, I mean, not that I have anything to hide :)
Is anyone familiar with this type of tracking device?
I still have more training in relation to it, but would like to have some questions ready to ask at that time.
Not sure if one of these would help - apparently they are designed to block transmissions by car keys but a similar "lead lined box" would possibly block your device too:

https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/tips-and-adv ... ys-in-2020

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

Leave device at work

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

SUZYKINS wrote: 09 Feb 2021, 12:04 Leave device at work
:lol: The reason I am getting tracked is that I work in the community and not at an office.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

Oxford NZ wrote: 09 Feb 2021, 06:18 Interesting :)

I have a friend on the medical ethics committee based in Wellington, and will be seeing him at the weekend if you have any questions.
Yes the other thing is the pws that I visit at home have this device coming into their home and they also seem a little unsettled that their own details and notes will be on this device as the change from paper and landline logging in takes place.

I have tried to explain about GPS and shown them on the device how their home address is logged that I am here but that only seems to make it worse. :(

KayBur
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 2

Post by KayBur »

Are there any inscriptions on the tracker? Brand and model, for example. If not, take a photo and search for it in Google using the photo. Perhaps you will find a detailed description and how it works.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

thanks for your answer KayBur, I have worked out that even if I turn off mobile data it will still track me. It will stop tracking me if I log off correctly at the finish of each shift (split shifts) It will soon be doing a lot more than tracking me, its a total workforce management system, calculating mileage, providing up to the minute rosters, appointments, clients files, progress notes and even a workplace chat forum and another for Covid notices advisorys etc. No way round it, as our physical office will soon be no more. One of the good things from Covid-19 I think, working from home the new normal.

KayBur
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 2

Post by KayBur »

wahine wrote: 26 Feb 2021, 06:19 thanks for your answer KayBur, I have worked out that even if I turn off mobile data it will still track me. It will stop tracking me if I log off correctly at the finish of each shift (split shifts) It will soon be doing a lot more than tracking me, its a total workforce management system, calculating mileage, providing up to the minute rosters, appointments, clients files, progress notes and even a workplace chat forum and another for Covid notices advisorys etc. No way round it, as our physical office will soon be no more. One of the good things from Covid-19 I think, working from home the new normal.
Trackers are a useful thing, they can be useful if they don't go overboard. I myself work with the tracker, but it is installed on the computer and controls the workflow, that is, only what happens on my computer. On the one hand, it allows you to work more productively, but on the other hand, it is wildly annoying. The main thing is that it stops tracking computer usage when stopped. And it doesn't follow my real life outside of the computer in any way.

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

Well I don't get tracked at work, but I have just been asked to complete training in 'Kidnap avoidance and survival, 'Kidnap ransom and extortion response' and 'Extreme risk countries'

not quite sure what to make of that to be honest. On the plus side it sounds like a return to non home based work is on its way, but on the other hand I'm not convinced I'm going to like the sound of where my next job might be :-)

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

That sounds like an extremely risky occupation unc.si :shock: Take Care :)

I have a "Panic button" but my tracker is not very accurate :lol: - I was showing one of my 94 year old PWS how it worked to reassure her :roll:
and was standing in the middle of her house and when I checked in, She said "well, that's not my address it's my neighbours address!) :evil:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Science, Computers & Technology (e.g. PCs, Web, TVs, Mobiles, Ipods, Gadgets)”