To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Transfer fubar?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on European fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Re: Transfer fubar?

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

12345678, nice post, found it quite informative personally, wasn't aware of a lot of points you make as I've only been playing the game properly for 5 ish years,

I find the corruption part interesting, coming from myself with a betting background, it's the first thing that triggers in my head when something like this happens unfortunately :(

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

ex-pro-gaffer wrote:12345678, nice post, found it quite informative personally, wasn't aware of a lot of points you make as I've only been playing the game properly for 5 ish years,

I find the corruption part interesting, coming from myself with a betting background, it's the first thing that triggers in my head when something like this happens unfortunately :(
away from the post, there was a golden period where you could make far more money from the bookies than your salary, they felt invincible and either didn't care or couldn't be bothered to stop you as they were making so much themselves. sadly they are now scared of their own shadows and ban anyone perceived as a possible threat, resulting in even losing accounts that look a threat getting banned very quickly.

back in the day when they were not clued up as to how much some of us were making you could take them to the cleaners, i think my tips at past cheltenhams were in fiso classics due to the returns they made.

sometimes corruption is not clear cut, sleight of hand by some of the great gambling trainers of the past such as john sutcliffe and barnie curley featured. a geoff lewis story was within the then laws of the game but many would consider it underhand. on the whole though horseracing is far straighter than most games! i've been told of three fixed soccer games and on one occasion told why the game was fixed, i have no idea if the info was genuine or not. all three games were based upon odds just over even money all three resulted in wins by the team i was told would win.

Ant1
Treebeard

Post by Ant1 »

12345678 wrote:
Ant1 wrote:
12345678 wrote:
Ant1 wrote:
12345678 wrote:
Ant1 wrote:
Striker wrote:
Ant1 wrote:
Striker wrote:
Ant1 wrote:
Exactly. People getting their knickers in a twist when there's no need to. Changes won't show (to other entrants) until that player has played. So all this "All these teams showing Kane. There must be something untoward, wrong", is just melodramatic. :roll:
Agree with your melodramatic sentiment. But teams are still shown incorrectly to other people EVEN after a player has played. It seems to be that last week's transfers are not included in teams when seen by other people.
Appreciate that Striker, but what someone can, or can't see, shouldn't be too much of a concern, at this point.
I agree, except that it clearly confuses and upsets a few of our slower brethren such as The Don. :wink: :lol: :wink:
It's the manic wild accusations, that have no foundation or reasoning, that concern me, for the briefest of seconds. :roll: :oops:
a final point on this. ant, some who have played sdt for some time will remember some crazy goings on in sdt. those from the sdt 'in crowd' at the time made a number of revelations of alleged historical 'fixing'. on one occasions the syndicate with the largest financial entry ever into the comp were found cheating, the t&c were changed twice to accommodate them (they continued to break t&c) and a number of fiso members took sdt to court over it.

there is previous in this game.

one of the things that disappointed me with fiso historically was a cosying up with those running sdt, there is no doubt that if you understood how the season game worked this year (rules including revaluations were not made clear) it would have been a huge advantage and those running the comp had a launch party with many of their longstanding 'mates' that play the game including past winners. in my view what should have happened was a concerted effort to get them to adhere to t&c that were broken, when i tried to do something about the fiasco that led to financial loss for those that took sdt to court i received little support until those losing out financially became clear!

i was once told by a fiso member who was extremely computer literate that most of the games were now very poorly run and not secure. i haven't named him nor will i ever if he is reading this. i've known 'striker' since before the days of ff and i haven't even told him. this person asked me if i would be interested in taking advantage of some of the glitches with him, i declined.

interestingly the only comp that i am aware of that he ever won was one that looked awful from a security point of view. coincidence yes possible of course, leicester won the league last year so why not.

i believe some admitted to reversing transfers to gain points unless i am mistaken. the problems that sdt have rectified have been put right so they claim but were brought to their attention by players looking at teams that had taken advantage of a glitch. we are now faced with a position where we only have the word of sdt that this is right. personally i think all prizewinners should be independently manually checked.

it's disappointing that fiso when founded by chris king was set up as he said to me partly to monitor the games providers and keep them in check. now it seems to be accepted that it is a place where a few members can try to find glitches to gain advantage from. if they go undetected all well and good. if any attempts are found out then nothing really seems to be lost.

the bottom line is we know attempts to take advantage of programming errors have been made, we have been told that those detected have been put right. we have no proof of this nor do we know if any undetected glitches are still in place. considering the number of foul ups a manual independent audit of prizewinners seems reasonable. GFM run the comps and have pretty much killed off their genuine competitors such as clever.tv and ofl having lost the sdt contract are no longer players on the same level. there is therefore no competition in running comps to encourage them to keep standards up. if nothing is done about this and sdt and GFM are allowed to sweep it under the carpet i don't think you can be that confident of the integrity of any game as i am sure previous metro/mail players will be aware. what tends to happen with badly run and badly thought out games is that they go west as sdt monthly has. not sure any major game has ever gone then come back at a later date, although i stand to be corrected.
Forgive me, 12345678910111213...i haven't read your post fully, i didn't get to the end. I find it quite boring, with respect. I know all about syndicates, the way people past & present bend the rules. It's old news. My post was aimed at one individual & his absurd accusations & unfounded conclusions, specifically to the Euro game.

The word "manic" was a big clue, as to whom the individual is :!: This clue would very likely go over his head, because his 3 splinters short of a plank :!:
i would suggest that saying what someone has written is 'boring' then saying 'with respect' doesn't really add up. if you can't be bothered to read a fairly short post then to judge it suggests it is probably unlikely that you will be among those financially involved. 'i know all about' doesn't sit that comfortably with not reading posts but suggests you have preconceived ideas that you are sticking to.
I have now read your post & added to my post. It's something that i have to do, when i'm ready to do so.

From what you say, my guess is that you're only addressing this because you're "financially involved" i.e. doing well & having a chance of a prize win ? That's a bit fickle :!: :wink:
not the case that i am financially involved this year, was last year, probably end up top 100 and not bother the top 10 this time. i would just like the comp to be 'straight'. you are correct though that is when people tend to be interested and as those who took legal action against sdt after belatedly showing an interest it can be a case of 'too late'

i can't agree with the reasons for the failure of sdt monthly though. you may be right that they were getting 'too greedy' but i don't think that is the main reason for the dramatic fall in entries, although those responsible for the design of the monthly game will no doubt be happy to tell their bosses that or maybe go further and say it is due to falling interest.

personally i believe it is using revaluations in a game where they shouldn't have applied. if you looking at the leading teams in sdt they are worth considerably more than the original budget and therefore still full of top players. if you try to pick a side based on original budget it becomes extremely difficult and i think that is what put some players off. additionally some smart @rses had foreseen this and put in hundreds of unpaid entries to gain revaluations that would later be tidied up as monthly entries. truth is that it may have been due to lack of interest, it may have been due to sdt greed but i know these other issues played a huge factor in its demise.

poorly designed games frequently lead to games disappearing sadly.
Regards the team budget & price variation, it was the same starting point for everyone. You just have to be lucky enough to choose the right players, of course. At the start of the season, probably very few were going for Chelsea based teams, those that did & kept faith, benefitted from it, and got those players at a better price. Look how players & teams have fluctuated in price this season. It's about putting them in at the right time, if there's such a thing, that anyone could know :!: We don't have a crystal ball, if we did we would have all being putting Everton players in recently. I don't think the new price variations would have affected entrant numbers, or put anyone off entering. It's turned out to be a frustrating game though, because you're stuck with who you can afford. You just have to try & make shrewd moves, or ones that hopefully will be ?

I do see what you're saying about taking advantage of unpaid entries, my guess is, for those that did, i'm not convinced they did that thinking ahead, knowing that this would work in their favour. I think they just got lucky with this. I never gave it a thought & i couldn't be arsed to pick tens / hundreds of teams.

They've tried to be too clever, too quickly, too many changes at once, following the in crowd. Their running of a website, has always been an issue to some degree & i don't ever expect that to change, but inspite of this, things tend to eventually get sorted.

On the whole, i've liked the changes, the best one being the transfers. The game has been more interactive throughout the season because of these changes.

Will they tinker next year ? No doubt they will. I wouldn't be surprised if the 10 team limit e.t.c. is removed & i don't think asking for people to pay £2 for each team they enter works in their favour, financially, depends how much profit they've made ??

They have been greedy. People in this day & age, of cuts & more cuts, don't have money to spend on fantasy football games. Although, i would say, they shot themselves in the foot, by introducing a 10 team limit. They tried to cover all possible avenues, give people more choices, but wanted you to pay, for each individual choice, and hoped that the average punter would spend £2 here £2 there.

They've tried to take advantage of the Weekender game. Unless you've got money to throw away, weekend after weekend, in the hope that you are going to win "the lottery", i wouldn't bother. I've only spent one £2. The game is becoming like the lottery set up. Hoping that people take the chance to gamble & win.

mesmerised
FISOhead
FS Record: I wouldn't get out of bed for less than 10k a day

Post by mesmerised »

cba to keep reading theses walls of text :D

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

Ant1 wrote:
I do see what you're saying about taking advantage of unpaid entries, my guess is, for those that did, i'm not convinced they did that thinking ahead, knowing that this would work in their favour. I think they just got lucky with this. I never gave it a thought & i couldn't be arsed to pick tens / hundreds of teams.
this was based on the monthly game where picking extra free teams ie chelsea, spurs blocks etc and playing them to use in later monthlies as picking a new team with just a 50m budget was a disadvantage to those entering teams they already had worth 60m+.

this then resulted in a lack of entries as it was hard to compete against such teams and the dt realising the whole monthly competition wasn't worth running

Ant1
Treebeard

Post by Ant1 »

Just a :idea: :idea:

Are the unpaid teams, the reason why they scrapped the monthly, because they weren't aware of the loophole they created ?? Thought they'd get hassle over it, with people rightly saying it was unfair ?

Only just seen your post ronny & you clarify what i'm saying. They really did shoot themselves in the foot there.

mesmerised
FISOhead

Post by mesmerised »

They should have had a set season long price for each player in the monthly, which could have been done instead of running parrallels with the seasonal game, that would have made it a level playing field, but what happened was the Professional players AKA addicts, were prepping teams, hundreds and hundreds of them to fire them into future monthly comps which put them at a distinct advantage, I think I remember one person saying they had a £65 million teamby November :lol:

The rest of us couldn't pick exactly the same team if we wanted to given if you pick a team closer to the entry time the £50 million budget doesn't allow you to, you were forced to pick lesser players who played less games i.e. players from teams not in Europe, it was a huge edge and probably should give credit for their foresight, imagine their dismay when the game was scrapped, all that work and time spent up in smoke.

Ant1
Treebeard

Post by Ant1 »

mesmerised wrote:cba to keep reading theses walls of text :D
Yeah, i couldn't be arsed to read 1234...post then i reply with a novel. Feels like the House of Commons on here today. :lol:

Ant1
Treebeard

Post by Ant1 »

mesmerised wrote:They should have had a set season long price for each player in the monthly, which could have been done instead of running parrallels with the seasonal game, that would have made it a level playing field, but what happened was the Professional players AKA addicts, were prepping teams, hundreds and hundreds of them to fire them into future monthly comps which put them at a distinct advantage, I think I remember one person saying they had a £65 million teamby November :lol:

The rest of us couldn't pick exactly the same team if we wanted to given if you pick a team closer to the entry time the £50 million budget doesn't allow you to, you were forced to pick lesser players who played less games i.e. players from teams not in Europe, it was a huge edge and probably should give credit for their foresight, imagine their dismay when the game was scrapped, all that work and time spent up in smoke.
With hindsight they should have run a seperate monthly game, like the fixed pricing of the Euro's, like you say, Mes....can i call you, Mes ? :wink: No doubt that would have caused the IT crowd a major headache, when they struggle so much as it is. :oops:

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

12345678 wrote:
ex-pro-gaffer wrote:12345678, nice post, found it quite informative personally, wasn't aware of a lot of points you make as I've only been playing the game properly for 5 ish years,

away from the post, there was a golden period where you could make far more money from the bookies than your salary, they felt invincible and either didn't care or couldn't be bothered to stop you as they were making so much themselves. sadly they are now scared of their own shadows and ban anyone perceived as a possible threat, resulting in even losing accounts that look a threat getting banned very quickly.

back in the day when they were not clued up as to how much some of us were making you could take them to the cleaners, i think my tips at past cheltenhams were in fiso classics due to the returns they made.

sometimes corruption is not clear cut, sleight of hand by some of the great gambling trainers of the past such as john sutcliffe and barnie curley featured. a geoff lewis story was within the then laws of the game but many would consider it underhand. on the whole though horseracing is far straighter than most games! i've been told of three fixed soccer games and on one occasion told why the game was fixed, i have no idea if the info was genuine or not. all three games were based upon odds just over even money all three resulted in wins by the team i was told would win.
Pre season friendlies involving non league teams was my main beneficiary, still to this day get info coming through, doesn't take 10 mins till your max bet is £20 win etc,11/4 into 8/11 within a few hours of it getting around,

Been to dog tracks with a biased on the inside, the tractor has longer spikes for traps 4-5-6 etc.....you may laugh !

This was my first experience about 15 years ago, Lodged in Newmarket to listen to the locals in the pub pointing out the jockeys doing chicken wings on the re runs of the days racing, non triers, the owner of our b n b had a horse called Alchemist Master running at Southwell, she said it would win, after 10 mins of a bit of assurance and confirmation I was happy, rang everybody I mean everybody, opened 12/1 in morning, 7/1 on track, punted into around 7/2 won by 8 lengths hard held, form read 0000890

Back on track, I've got 1-2 transfers left in teams, think I'm letting them play out tonight with quite heavy Europa coverage already, no teams looking like there heading for the exit either, a few Messi's Neymars to cone in for next phase I'm thinking.....

Just to confirm we can make transfers after the games on Thursday right ? :P

get_on_my_cocker
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Won many company leagues, and nearly won TFFO back in the day. Also managed Carra's team to success in Sky FF

Post by get_on_my_cocker »

12345678 wrote:either batman n robbins and GFM should come clean or surely this has to go to the gambling commission.
gfm no longer run sdt

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

Ant1 wrote:
mesmerised wrote:They should have had a set season long price for each player in the monthly, which could have been done instead of running parrallels with the seasonal game, that would have made it a level playing field, but what happened was the Professional players AKA addicts, were prepping teams, hundreds and hundreds of them to fire them into future monthly comps which put them at a distinct advantage, I think I remember one person saying they had a £65 million teamby November :lol:

With hindsight they should have run a seperate monthly game, like the fixed pricing of the Euro's, like you say, Mes....can i call you, Mes ? :wink: No doubt that would have caused the IT crowd a major headache, when they struggle so much as it is. :oops:
not at all with hindsight, matt (postman on fiso) and i were fully aware of where this was going and why. posted in advance on a facebook group we are both members of. if thought through it was pretty obvious where it was going in advance!

the blocks for monthlies were set up intentionally by those that realised where things were heading, not done by chance!

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

get_on_my_cocker wrote:
12345678 wrote:either batman n robbins and GFM should come clean or surely this has to go to the gambling commission.
gfm no longer run sdt
the full extent of the lash ups seemed over the top for gfm!

who runs it now and when was it changed?

if you are right it would help to explain the sharp decline in the standard of programming of the game.

get_on_my_cocker
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Won many company leagues, and nearly won TFFO back in the day. Also managed Carra's team to success in Sky FF

Post by get_on_my_cocker »

Some Aussie company I believe, Andy. Tokk over for start of this season

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

get_on_my_cocker wrote:Some Aussie company I believe, Andy. Tokk over for start of this season
that's a worry, hopefully not S&M related, i know they have a main arm over there, if it's them i am absolutely amazed the comp has run as well as it has. anyone else with any info? obviously apologies to GFM for pointing the finger at them, i was completely unaware of the change but it does help to explain the disastrous running of the euro game.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Hi andy - afaik the game is run in house;

http://www.ibas-uk.com/registeredOperat ... ookId=1018

... the aussie connection isn't specifically to do with dream team; Tabcorp joined up with the sun to run sunbets. No connection with silentmanager (chroma as they are now known).

cheers

steve

links ahoy;

http://quizking.eu

http://quizking.eu/corporate/4547934725

http://coolforcats.webeden.co.uk/

https://thecityquiz.weebly.com/#

http://quizking.eu/scores/4593554643

http://quizking.eu/hall-of-fame/4594299911

http://coolforcats.webeden.co.uk/about/4559261013
Last edited by quizking on 30 Jul 2018, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

thank god for that steve!

so by the looks it is cost cutting fouling up the game.

apologies to gfm once again.

over and out!

mesmerised
FISOhead

Post by mesmerised »

Phew, now everyone breathe :D

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

I noticed last week that United players remained unlocked after the early EL kickoff. Did the same thing happen again this week?

Amazing the number of people who now suddenly have Mallo in their teams :roll:

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Spooky :roll:

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Request to all those participating in this thread, PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE IN NESTS, this is becoming an issue and is very unfair to those following threads via mobile.

Iksh
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 5th- SUN Europe 2016-17
2nd-Sun world cup dreamteam 2014
Winner John Morrison Champions League 2015-16

Post by Iksh »

Thanks Vid. I was about to post the same .

Didn't make sense to have lengthy quote in the reply . People following the thread would know what posters meant . No need to include the quote and make it half a page worth of wasted space .

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Street Preachers.

Forum was so much better before you joined.

Tri tîm morgrugyn.

Ant1
Treebeard

Post by Ant1 »

RickyRosa wrote:Street Preachers.

Forum was so much better before you joined.

Tri tîm morgrugyn.
You did say English wasn't your first language, Ricky. Out of curiosity what is Welsh for "there" & "their" ??

Oh, Ricky. How could you ? morgrugyn means Ant, i might be bothered to google the rest ? But you're already wide of the mark :!:

"Street Preachers" ? Manic ones ? You've got Wales on the brain :!:

"Arrivederci Roma".

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

CBN wrote:
Backlash wrote:Me me my pals have 70 teams between us and everyone is satisfied.

On a side note it's all about Dybala tonight.
Good to hear.
This fella is shit hot.

Blademan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 5k weekly winner 2017
BIG BALLS WINNER PROBABLY

Post by Blademan »

not letting you reverse transfers

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

FFS.

If the likes of Griezmann (who I've transferred in) don't start I'm going to be fuming.

Blademan
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blademan »

CBN wrote:FFS.

If the likes of Griezmann (who I've transferred in) don't start I'm going to be fuming.
you know you'll be fine with griezmann simon, just not gamiero

MrTomRipley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: "Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm"

Post by MrTomRipley »

Yep. It's FUBAR again.

Blademan
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blademan »

MrTomRipley wrote:Yep. It's FUBAR again.
wait while the masses find out when team news is announced and a popular player isn't playing

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “European Dream Team”