To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Europe Dream Team 2017

A Fantasy Football forum for news on European fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Re: Europe Dream Team 2017

Post by CBN »

Does anyone have an updated scraped player list with clubs, positions and prices?

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

CBN wrote:"Player lockout will run from the 1st game on the Tuesday through to the last game on the Thursday of each Gameweek."

That really could be taken two ways. :?
Yeah that's the bit I read and took it as the first game Tuesday but hopefully it's as and when the play like main game

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

CBN wrote:Does anyone have an updated scraped player list with clubs, positions and prices?

If someone could be so kind could they copy and paste the player list on here. Thanks in advance

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

So not having played the main game this season I'm a little unsure how player lock out works....

Last season it was possible to say pick a CL player on the Wednesday and then transfer him out on the Thursday for a EL player....

Will this not be the case this season? Is it as simple as once that team has played all the players in that team are frozen until the next game week?

Meaning,in theory at least, that your subs will not be able to be used so tactically as last year?

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

RickyRosa wrote:So not having played the main game this season I'm a little unsure how player lock out works....
I've now read the rules a few times (and although there's still some ambiguity in the wording) using this seasons game as a benchmark I think the lockout will mean that if your players team has played in the game week you'll be unable to transfer out any player out from that said team.

This will mean you won't be able to capitalise having a (Champions league) player on a Tuesday then transferring to another player on a Wednesday or Thursday.

redmen82
FISOhead
FS Record: always last

Post by redmen82 »

Tactic wise and looking at the rules. Would it be wise to have a back 5 cl and front 6 el. Then make a swap to the back 5 with another client the following week. Or I another missing something really obvious
Last edited by redmen82 on 01 Feb 2017, 20:41, edited 1 time in total.

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

Players seem really cheap or is just me :shock:

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

redmen82 wrote:Tactic wise and looking at the rules. Would it be wise to have a hack 5 cl and front 6 el. Then make a swap to the back 5 with another client the following week. Or I another missing something really obvious
My first thought as well but the 2nd leg cl (phase 2) you then wont have any players playing as the 2nd legs are in the same order as the 1st legs.

redmen82
FISOhead
FS Record: always last

Post by redmen82 »

robot wrote:
redmen82 wrote:Tactic wise and looking at the rules. Would it be wise to have a hack 5 cl and front 6 el. Then make a swap to the back 5 with another client the following week. Or I another missing something really obvious
My first thought as well but the 2nd leg cl (phase 2) you then wont have any players playing as the 2nd legs are in the same order as the 1st legs.
Didn't look that far.

What's people's answer then

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

I don't think 5 transfers in the first phase will even be necessary. You can't benefit from them from what I can see.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

mad dog wrote:I don't think 5 transfers in the first phase will even be necessary. You can't benefit from them from what I can see.
If that's your genuine conclusion then save yourself £20 Dan.

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

CBN wrote:
mad dog wrote:I don't think 5 transfers in the first phase will even be necessary. You can't benefit from them from what I can see.
If that's your genuine conclusion then save yourself £20 Dan.
:lol:

I should apply that to weekender, seasonal. Just don't waste my time/money.

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

What's your plan then simon? How are you using your five transfers per phase?

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

mad dog wrote:What's your plan then simon? How are you using your five transfers per phase?
Hmmmmm I thought you were a seasoned campaigner with winning pedigree

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

ronny10 wrote:
mad dog wrote:What's your plan then simon? How are you using your five transfers per phase?
Hmmmmm I thought you were a seasoned campaigner with winning pedigree
That's was when I had time to waste and could spend ages looking at it.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

The obvious tactic Imop is to go EL, however, I made that mistake last year and missed out valuable CL points from the greats....

I didn't take into account that the CL starters are obvious but the EL are a literal lottery and lots of my EL players didn't play negating the two game effect.

Swore this year I will not be seduced and pick my strongest teams on merit.

It's later when the KO stages start that you need to take risks Imop. (Unless your lucky enough to be top 10 at that stage)

Much harder this year Imop.

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

Agree with you pal. Europa league is a minefield. Who will actually start. You can't even do teams on Thursday night as there's a game at 4/5pm.

You can't get more than 22 players playing if you go EL.

The way the CL games are it's not like you can even do messi to Ronaldo for two games then back to messi.

I'm waiting for an seasoned pro to show me the way

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

I'm not sure what to do!

I like the fact that I will know the CL teams before KO and guarantee to pick starters, however, the EL 2 games is seducing...

Maybe the hybrid strat is best, pick the messis and ronaldos but pick as many EL as poss?

jaycar25
FISOhead
FS Record: Could be better!

Post by jaycar25 »

Does anyone know whether one can swap Neymar, Tues to Muller, Wed. THIS TIME ROUND. They're SAYING NO LOCKOUTS. I am sure last year one could change from champions league to europa in the same week, but champions league to champions league???

jaycar25
FISOhead

Post by jaycar25 »

The Sun have given me the answer ( lockout between competiitions ), so barca to RMD is a no go but Barca to Man U IS FINE.
no need FOR ANYONE to reply to this post.

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

jaycar25 wrote:The Sun have given me the answer ( lockout between competiitions ), so barca to RMD is a no go but Barca to Man U IS FINE.
Is that right? Well that would be decent

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

Should be as otherwise 5 transfers per phase is a waste of time. If not you'll just pick 11 Europa players and leave it at that.

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

So has anyone spotted a bargain yet?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

jaycar25 wrote:The Sun have given me the answer ( lockout between competiitions ), so barca to RMD is a no go but Barca to Man U IS FINE.
That's not how I read it though.

I read it that once the team has played their players are locked out.

Be interesting if that isn't the case....who confirmed this?

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

Who did you speak to? That's not right. You can't take Ronaldo out once he's played for ibrahimovic.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

There is every need to reply. That information is 99% likely to be wrong imho. Either Barca players will be locked or they won't be. The locking won't apply for transfers to some teams and not to others as that would make no logical sense.

You have likely spoken to the 18yo customer services operative who has barely learned how to tie his own laces.

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

CBN wrote:
There is every need to reply. That information is 99% likely to be wrong imho. Either Barca players will be locked or they won't be. The locking won't apply for transfers to some teams and not to others as that would make no logical sense.

You have likely spoken to the 18yo customer services operative who has barely learned how to tie his own laces.

Deffo wrong IMO. I think once a team has played they are locked out till the following week.

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

S_sutton87 wrote:So has anyone spotted a bargain yet? Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Nzonzi is the best midfielder Arsenal never had :wink:

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

CBN wrote:

Doesnt matter who you speak to, the information will change half an hour later anyway :lol:
Need Dot to confirm with his contact Honest Abdul :shock:

jaycar25
FISOhead

Post by jaycar25 »

Chat Origin: 573200000008PeZ Agent Bradley ( 21s ) Bradley: Welcome to the Sun Live Chat service. Please note that all Live Chats are recorded for training purposes. Please wait and an Online Advisor will be with you soon. ( 47s ) Bradley: Hello, you're chatting with Bradley . I'm here to help you with any questions you may have about The Sun. ( 1m 8s ) JUDE: do you know about the sdt euro game lockout, how it works?? ( 2m 13s ) Bradley: Thank you for your query regarding Dream Team Europe, Jude. I can certainly look into this for you. ( 3m 1s ) Bradley: Transfers will be locked from the first match on a Tuesday and will be locked until midnight on the Thursday. Is that all clear? ( 4m 16s ) JUDE: so messi to ronaldo is a no go? ( 5m 15s ) Bradley: That is correct, Jude. ( 7m 0s ) JUDE: are players locked after first kick off on thurs, for example if a spurs player doesn't play on the thursday, can I change that player during kick off, for example Ben Davies to Alderwerld ?? ( 9m 8s ) JUDE: what I meant was kick off times!!, so ben davies to alderwerld but before the spurs kick off ( 10m 18s ) Bradley: From what I can see that would be the case, as long as it was before the scheduled kick off time. ( 10m 54s ) JUDE: there's one 5.00pm kick off thursday, which means it's unlikely anyone will know the team sheets of the 6.00 kick offs and after ( 11m 44s ) Bradley: How can I help you regarding that? ( 13m 10s ) JUDE: basically then, if ben davies doesn't play and I want to change him to aldwereld, can I do that even though its after the first match kick off., but b4 spurs start. ( 13m 16s ) Bradley: Yes as it is only from when a players team plays in a match that they are locked. ( 14m 8s ) JUDE: cool..

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “European Dream Team”