To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Euro 2016 First Name

A Fantasy Football forum for news on European fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Euro 2016 First Name

Post by RickyRosa »

Block heads post on the Europe thread about already starting his research for Euro 2016 has got me thinking about the torny big time and obv my team and got me thinking who's going to be the first name on your team sheet?

And why?

For me it's got to be our man and inspiration Gareth Bale (we might not get put of the group but he's instrumental in everything good we do)

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won DT WC 2018
Won DT weekender wk 2 18/19
Won TFE 18/19

Re: Euro 2016 First Name

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

well toni kroos has 2 star mans from the last 3 champions league games (I think) despite not playing that well (thought the imperious modric outshone him against city at the bernebeu) so he has to be an option as its obvious the opta stats favour him. its not original or surprising but got to be the tournaments best player, Ronaldo for me as 1st pick; think they have an easyish on paper group stage (Iceland, Austria, hungary) so he could bag 4 or 5 just in the group stages alone. if real win the CL and ronny has a good tournament then he will be a shoe in for his 4th ballon d'or. (could be suarez if barca win la liga and real madrid don't win the CL and ronnny doesn't shine in the euro's). your starting XI though will depend on the format; will it be pick an entirely new XI for each phase or will it be pick an XI at the start and only 3 transfers per phase?

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

MADCHESTER UTD wrote:well toni kroos has 2 star mans from the last 3 champions league games (I think) despite not playing that well (thought the imperious modric outshone him against city at the bernebeu) so he has to be an option as its obvious the opta stats favour him. its not original or surprising but got to be the tournaments best player, Ronaldo for me as 1st pick; think they have an easyish on paper group stage (Iceland, Austria, hungary) so he could bag 4 or 5 just in the group stages alone. if real win the CL and ronny has a good tournament then he will be a shoe in for his 4th ballon d'or. (could be suarez if barca win la liga and real madrid don't win the CL and ronnny doesn't shine in the euro's). your starting XI though will depend on the format; will it be pick an entirely new XI for each phase or will it be pick an XI at the start and only 3 transfers per phase?
Hummels could be a danger to Kross and his starman awards based on the ratings he received.

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

Ashers wrote:
MADCHESTER UTD wrote:well toni kroos has 2 star mans from the last 3 champions league games (I think) despite not playing that well (thought the imperious modric outshone him against city at the bernebeu) so he has to be an option as its obvious the opta stats favour him. its not original or surprising but got to be the tournaments best player, Ronaldo for me as 1st pick; think they have an easyish on paper group stage (Iceland, Austria, hungary) so he could bag 4 or 5 just in the group stages alone. if real win the CL and ronny has a good tournament then he will be a shoe in for his 4th ballon d'or. (could be suarez if barca win la liga and real madrid don't win the CL and ronnny doesn't shine in the euro's). your starting XI though will depend on the format; will it be pick an entirely new XI for each phase or will it be pick an XI at the start and only 3 transfers per phase?
Hummels could be a danger to Kross and his starman awards based on the ratings he received.
kroos gets starman because he takes all the corners, will he for germany :?:

Harry Kane will clean up the golden boot award

Wiz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Wiz »

Any thoughts on teams to avoid?

Spain look like they've been done by the fixture list to me?

1st game - 3 o'clock Toulouse
2nd game - 9 o'clock Nice
3rd game - 9 o'clock Bordeaux

All the games south of Lyon will be a lot hotter than the Paris or Lille/Lens games, 3pm Toulouse will be a killer!!!!

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Wiz wrote:Any thoughts on teams to avoid?

All the games south of Lyon will be a lot hotter than the Paris or Lille/Lens games, 3pm Toulouse will be a killer!!!!
Wiz doesn't the vast majority of the Spanish squad play and train in Spain which has a higher temperature and humidity?
I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong.

Regardless it'll be a walk in the park compared to Qatar in 2022.

Wiz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Wiz »

Backlash wrote:

Wiz doesn't the vast majority of the Spanish squad play and train in Spain which has a higher temperature and humidity?

Regardless it'll be a walk in the park compared to Qatar in 2022.
I'd have thought the vast majority of the Spanish squad play and train in Spain between September and May, correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that the only 3pm games south of Lyon have been allocated to Spain, Italy and Belgium, the 6pm game for Germany in Nice won't be a barrel of laughs either, IMHO.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

I think Thomas Muller. He will probably go on to break the record for most goals scored at the World Cup by an individual player (I know this is Euros :wink: ) so seems to deliver on the big international stage. Can also argue that Euro's is a lot easier than the World Cup.

That said - Kroos simply cannot be ignored. Muller scored a hat-trick at the last World Cup and Kroos still stole the starman off him like he did with Ronaldo in the Euro game (this was even before opta stats :shock: )

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Wiz wrote:
Backlash wrote:

Regardless it'll be a walk in the park compared to Qatar
in 2022.
I'd have thought the vast majority of the Spanish squad play and train in Spain between September and May, correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that the only 3pm games south of Lyon have been allocated to Spain, Italy and Belgium, the 6pm game for Germany in Nice won't be a barrel of laughs either, IMHO.
It's the South of France not South Africa , as much as I'd like Spain to be compromised I can't see this being a factor.

Germany may struggle though :twisted:

Wiz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Wiz »

There's a reason why nobody works in the afternoon on the med' in the summer, it's not just too much good food and drink. Dismiss the weather all you want but remember USA 1994?, the afternoon games did for a few teams with bad draws.

I notice France have three 9pm starts?????????????????????????????????????????????

mesmerised
FISOhead
FS Record: I wouldn't get out of bed for less than 10k a day

Post by mesmerised »

That's to maximise TV audience in France. Host nation have a tendency to have their games on late

Portugal in 2004 had 2 of their first three @ 7.45pm, the other was 5pm but was on a Saturday. KO stages were all quarter to 8. Austria/Switzerland and Ukraine/Poland had two of their first three at 7.45 too. Others at 5pm.

Wiz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Wiz »

I'm obviously wrong, thought it might be an idea to point out that of only 7 3pm starts (of 36), 3 of them are in the south and they go to Spain, Italy and Belgium. But as nobody wants to watch Spain, Italy or Belgium and it's likely to be colder than Ilkley Moor in January Ignore all of the above. Janko Golden Boot :wink:

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

At least blind isn't playing so that's a bonus

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Antoine Griezmann.

Tony G has a modest International scoring record but home turf, easy group and you'd think the Sun would appreciate his style of play.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Christian Fuchs, for the team name possibilities, and because Austria will be Euro 2016's Leicester :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “European Dream Team”