To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Gameiro / Llorente

A Fantasy Football forum for news on European fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.

Who To Pick?

Gameiro
33%
Llorente
25%
Both
8%
Neither
33%

Total votes: 12

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Gameiro / Llorente

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

A favourable draw for Sevilla, but is it worth picking either of their strikers?

One thing I noticed from the last round is that Gameiro and Llorente were never on the pitch at the same time - they directly replace each other. So you're probably looking at a maximum of 120 minutes from either of them unless Sevilla are desperately chasing the tie towards the end of the 2nd leg.

Gameiro was only on the pitch for approx an hour in the last round over 2 games, which was less than all the big hitters in the CL. I do expect Sevilla to score a few over the 2 legs so is it worth having both covered, leaving both well alone or picking one of them (but then who starts and gets more minutes over the 2 legs?)

WNP
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 4th in Dream Team Weekly Seasonal 14/15. Winner of week 12 Dream Team Weekly 14/15

Re: Gameiro / Llorente

Post by WNP »

Is it possible to wait for the team news and the ET one of them in? Or does the ET only take effect if it's before the first ko of the day?

Wiz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Wiz »

Sevilla play in the early games on Thursday but as Blockhead pointed out Llorente was subbed after 57 and 62mins in the two games for Gameiro, add to that games against Villareal and Real Madrid after the two games and as they are being pushed for their Europa spot in the league I'd expect more squad rotation.

Although he obviously knows his way around cup strategy as defending champions and Copa Del Rey finalists against Barca in May. :?

My choice will probably be neither.

Aubyemang :arrow: Suarez/Messi/Neymar/Griezmann/Lewandoski/Muller/Aguero
Aduriz
Sturridge

:twisted:

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Llorente not in squad today. Rested for Thursday? :shock:

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Given the results of the poll and the risk involved I shall be starting with neither.

That said, I might be tempted to bring Gameiro in using the ET if he does indeed start.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

It's an interesting dilemma. If you use your ET on Llorente/Gamiero then you need to start with Messi/Suarez/Neymar in your team from the outset. Or accept not having one of those three...

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

CBN wrote:It's an interesting dilemma. If you use your ET on Llorente/Gamiero then you need to start with Messi/Suarez/Neymar in your team from the outset. Or accept not having one of those three...
Not having any of those three covered is a risk too far for me so I'll be starting with Messi and using the ET on Thursday when replacing Ronaldo.

Just noticed Llorente has moved ahead of Gameiro in the poll :D

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

The correct answer was Gamiero :D :D :D

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Surely the correct answer was neither given the amount of strikers that scored more than Gamiero's 13?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “European Dream Team”