To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

So how many Spurs players does everyone have?

Ultimate Fantasy Premier League - starting 2014/15
gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

So how many Spurs players does everyone have?

Post by gooberman »

Looking at the match day schedules, Spurs have a huge 9 MD2/3 fixtures between now and December. Liverpool are then the next closest with 5. I've gone for Lloris, Kane and Chadli.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Re: So how many Spurs players does everyone have?

Post by thesilkworm »

Alderweireld and Kane here. Only reason I have either of them is because of MD2/3 as you say. Almost got Chadli but just so many options in midfield so decided against.

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

Just looking at the teams at the top of the rankings, not many have Spurs players which to me shows that they don't know what they are doing so they should be easy to catch.

Such an important part of this game is to have plenty of MD2/3 players to call on as a second chance. It's a shame there are no regular starter Spurs defenders who are 4.5m as I would have gone for a 4th.

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

Really hoping captain Kane can bring it today. Will you be captaining him too?

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Yeah agree re matchdays. I went through each week making sure I had decent options all days. Probably captaining Kane today yeah, have Payet as a MD3 option.

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

thesilkworm wrote:Yeah agree re matchdays. I went through each week making sure I had decent options all days. Probably captaining Kane today yeah, have Payet as a MD3 option.
Payets a decent back up. My only GW3 option is Haidara so really need Kane to perform. I remember last year turning to Andre Wisdom as my GW3 player and giving him the armband as my MD2 captain got 1pt. Wisdom played Man Utd and got an unlikely assist! Lol. It wasn't the only time I captained a GW3 cheapie.
Last edited by gooberman on 13 Sep 2015, 15:53, edited 2 times in total.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Ha, yup this game can lead to some unusual captain choices - I think Steven Caulker was my most unlikely last season (and QPR got a rare clean sheet).

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

I have Kane and Alderweireld only.

I got 6 for Captain De Bruyne yesterday and Kane seems a decent option for today but I only have Colo and Thauvin for tomorrow so not sure whether to stick or twist. Kane's international goal may have given him a bit more confidence to start firing in the league so it's just about swinging in that direction. Any thoughts? (Apart from the question of why do you have Thauvin?)

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Why do you have Thauvin? :)

Seriously though, I actually asked Ste for his thoughts on Newcastle's attack and he did say Thauvin was probably the most interesting, but didn't recommend a gamble on any of them.

I'd probably gamble with the armband in your situation. Even if Kane blanks today, West Ham have been leaky at home so Thauvin might not be a bad option.

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

Mo Bot wrote:I have Kane and Alderweireld only.

I got 6 for Captain De Bruyne yesterday and Kane seems a decent option for today but I only have Colo and Thauvin for tomorrow so not sure whether to stick or twist. Kane's international goal may have given him a bit more confidence to start firing in the league so it's just about swinging in that direction. Any thoughts? (Apart from the question of why do you have Thauvin?)
6pts is that tricky number in terms of sticky or twisting. Kane has to score sooner or later in the league but even if he scores 1, he will likely get 8pts which is only 2 more pts and then there is the problem of the point deductions for chances missed. Tricky. I think I would stick on the 6.

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

Nothing to do with captains but I'm wondering whether to keep Williams 4pts or swap him for Huth. Im sticking at the moment.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Williams such a beast, always seems to get 4 points even when conceding. I think that's probably a stick but it's close.

I'll have a similar one tomorrow - McCarthy's 4 points or Krul.

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

Only one Spurs player but I'm stacked on Liverpool, Arsenal, Southampton and Tottenham.

EDIT: Never mind what I had written here, I had posted some schedules/stats but those included GW1-4 which isn't really relevant anymore.

TriXaM
FISOhead

Post by TriXaM »

Honestly, the whole Spurs thing is a bit of an illusion imo. I was originally thinking the same about loading up on Spurs players, but it actually turned out to be unnecessary in the end and I only went with one (Dier). Fact is, on most MD2+ when Spurs play, a lot of other big clubs also play and I'll have a full playing bench to choose from on most of those weeks anyway. Only week it would really help is GW13, but I'll still have 4 players on the bench which I'm happy with and it allowed me to create a better balance for other weeks instead.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Yup there's definitely a balance to be struck between optimising squad for best matchday coverage versus actually getting the players you think will do well. Breaking it down into how your squad looks each individual gameweek is the best approach if you have the time/patience.

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

gooberman wrote:
thesilkworm wrote:Yeah agree re matchdays. I went through each week making sure I had decent options all days. Probably captaining Kane today yeah, have Payet as a MD3 option.
Payets a decent back up. My only GW3 option is Haidara so really need Kane to perform. I remember last year turning to Andre Wisdom as my GW3 player and giving him the armband as my MD2 captain got 1pt. Wisdom played Man Utd and got an unlikely assist! Lol. It wasn't the only time I captained a GW3 cheapie.
So Haidara will now be getting that armband! Bloody Kane is doing my head in!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Ultimate FPL”