To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Winning a Monthly

Ultimate Fantasy Premier League - starting 2014/15
Five long bones
Grumpy Old Man

Winning a Monthly

Post by Five long bones »

This has to be in the mindset of all of us that are realistically out of the running for the big score.

So making all the obvious moves when dispatching the dross makes no sense really, does it, Five Large is a decent prize.

I have only seen one shrewd Dude moving in that direction and he got critisised for it.

Surely this is the only route to go down for most of us.

Most of the first half Monthly Winners would have dedicated their season for this target I assume, no one wins a Monthly by accident in any other game, this game is no different surely.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Re: Winning a Monthly

Post by The Catman »

I would expect the monthly winners to mainly be teams that were entered just before that month started so they can optimise fixtures and have the latest injury/suspensions taken into account.

Five long bones
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Five long bones »

Of course, but assuming we only have one entry, those who are already in only have one route to go down.

Thanks anyway.

KevIRL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by KevIRL »

Eyes still on the big prize here :)

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

I'm currently 15th in the January standings, 17pts behind leader. One GW to go. Got an outside chance but struggling really.

KevIRL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by KevIRL »

gooberman wrote:I'm currently 15th in the January standings, 17pts behind leader. One GW to go. Got an outside chance but struggling really.
Nice! You gonna go for it with a risky capt choice and hope it pays off?

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

KevIRL wrote:
gooberman wrote:I'm currently 15th in the January standings, 17pts behind leader. One GW to go. Got an outside chance but struggling really.
Wasn't planning to to be honest. I'm ranked 187 so don't really want to take too many risks. Having said that, I could go for a slightly risky choice on the Saturday with the option to switch to one of my Arsenal lads on the Sunday if it goes wrong.

KevIRL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by KevIRL »

gooberman wrote:
KevIRL wrote:
Wasn't planning to to be honest. I'm ranked 187 so don't really want to take too many risks. Having said that, I could go for a slightly risky choice on the Saturday with the option to switch to one of my Arsenal lads on the Sunday if it goes wrong.

Ya the way the fixtures are it could pay off but the problem is that you'll need the popular arsenal players to blank if your risk comes off but that is unlikely with the fixture. Good luck anyway

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Ultimate FPL”