To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Double Counting

Ultimate Fantasy Premier League - starting 2014/15
Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Double Counting

Post by Football Hero »

UFPL seems to award a -2 to a player for missing a penalty kick, (just like in standard FPL), and then a further -1 for a Big Chances Missed.

Is this not double counting? Missing a penalty is a specific type of big chance that gets missed, and gets a -2 instead of the standard -1. This seems fair enough to me as a penalty kick allows a player to take his time before shooting; but then why is the standard -1 also added back on so that missing a penalty in UFPL is actually -3 points?

A similar situation occurs with 'good' assists being rewarded with a Big Chances Created point, and 'bad' assists being penalised with a Big Chances Missed minus point, (like Debuchy vs Crystal Palace, when he misses a sitter and the ball falls to Ramsey to score). I am ok with the current assist situation, but by the same principle as the penalty misses, I wouldn't mind if these were removed because it feels like double counting.

Thoughts?

Striker
FISO Knight

Re: Double Counting

Post by Striker »

I'm tempted to respond a la Michael Winner/David Cameron. :wink: :lol: :wink:

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

I've noticed this, but not bothered as long as they're consistent.

I've always wondered in normal FPL, does a penalty save also add 1 to the keeper's 'normal' save tally and hence possibly help him get another extra point? (I never worked out the answer, but I wouldn't be bothered if it did)

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

I've noticed this as well and fully agree with OP. It's stupid. They may as well just say in the rules that it's 4 points for an assist. The player is already awarded 3pts for assisting the goal, they shouldn't be given an extra point on top of it.

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

It does differentiate an assist where it's laid on a plate for the scorer, versus an assist where the scorer then runs 50 yards. If they apply it consistently, that is. Of which I'm not convinced.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Ultimate FPL”