To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Points threshold for switching captain?

Ultimate Fantasy Premier League - starting 2014/15
loosecannon85
Grumpy Old Man

Points threshold for switching captain?

Post by loosecannon85 »

Whats the minimum points you want from your captain if you feel you have another decent player with good potential the following MD to captain?

I gambled today and got lucky. I switched from Aguero (7) and put it on Di Maria. I just felt if I kept it on Aguero then I would of had a mediocre week so I was willing to gamble. Because I gambled I had a decent week and went to 9th overall. I think 8 points would be my threshold though and if Aguero had scored 8 then I would have probably left it on him!

Having said that, Di Maria is looking like an excellent UFPL player and captain choice in any game week. Today he got 5 points he would of not got in the standard game, so his style of play looks like it will get lots of points in this game.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Re: Points threshold for switching captain?

Post by Sutter Kane »

Don't think too many players would average more than 7pts so that would be my threshold. However there are certain players who seem to accumulate 'free' points so perhaps players like Di Maria will average more than 7.

Even if a striker scores a goal, the most they usually get is 9 so I'd be sticking with 7 the majority of times, including the week just past.

RNEBish
Cheetah

Post by RNEBish »

I stuck with Aguero on 7 rather than risking Falcao on the second day.

I think it'd depend who I had, and if I had a third matchday fallback option, but I think I have more of a "bird in the hand" mindset overall. I don't take a lot of gambles with my subs.

KevIRL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by KevIRL »

Worth sticking on Aguero? :lol:

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

KevIRL wrote:Worth sticking on Aguero?
Yeah I would. 2 match days to go; I reckon someone will easily destroy his score. :|

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Changed my captain 3 times this week. 1st captain Siggy 5pts. Wasn't happy with that so changed to Hazard and lost 3pts. Last throw of the dice tonight and stuck it on Rob Green who got a welcome 9pts.

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

Captained Hazard today. Do I stick with the 7 or twist to Giroud?? :|

skip
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: UFPL beta winner 2014, OFL ISO winner 2013

Post by skip »

gooberman wrote:Captained Hazard today. Do I stick with the 7 or twist to Giroud?? :|
Go with Giroud, he could score big.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Close one - I'd probably gamble though. I went Sterling, so will probably stick on 9 (18).

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

I'm in with a shout of manager of the month although 17pts to make up on 16 teams. Gonna have to gamble I think. I'm gonna stick the armband on Ramsey. He's due a score. It's all been about Cazorla and Sanchez for a while whilst Ramsey has come close to scoring several times. Could be his time.

KevIRL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by KevIRL »

gooberman wrote:I'm in with a shout of manager of the month although 17pts to make up on 16 teams. Gonna have to gamble I think. I'm gonna stick the armband on Ramsey. He's due a score. It's all been about Cazorla and Sanchez for a while whilst Ramsey has come close to scoring several times. Could be his time.
Fair play, you need a lot of things to go right but a gamble is the way to go with the chance of winning a grand

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

Does anyone know if this tactic will work?

A captain on day 1 underperforms but the vice captain scores highly, so on matchday 2 sub in an injured (or non playing) for a low scoring player and name him as captain. As this new captain is not playing will the vice captain from day 1 become captain and have their score doubled?

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Post by Brightwater »

No - when you switch captain you don't get a VC. So in your example your new captain would score zero.

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

Brightwater wrote:No - when you switch captain you don't get a VC. So in your example your new captain would score zero.
Cheers for your answer Brightwater - thought it would be unlikely but couldn't see it covered in rules.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Ultimate FPL”