To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The squad game

Ultimate Fantasy Premier League - starting 2014/15
RNEBish
Cheetah

The squad game

Post by RNEBish »

This is the first week I think where I'm not happy with my squad. My team has been performing well so far (I'm still languishing in the lower depths of the FISO league but I'm doing well enough in my classic and head to head leagues) but its now been a fortnight since we were able to make changes and I'm looking at my FPL team and wishing I had the ability to bring in some of my recent transfers there (Downing and Ulloa would be nice) into this team. I'm looking at rivals squads in the classic league that I'd like a top four finish in, and I'm thinking damn, that player is better than the equivalent I've got.

Injuries are starting to back up (Ramsey, Wisdom, Debuchy, Barton red flagged, Noble and Jutkiewisz yellow flagged), and a couple of my players are not performing as well as I'd hoped that they would. Is anyone else starting to feel the pressure from the lack of transfers? It has only been two weeks as well haha.

I think it makes it a much more interesting and entertaining game than FPL, but I can forsee periods of the season being really frustrating. I dread to think how anyone who went for a strong first 15 and then fillers is feeling as injuries mount.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Re: The squad game

Post by The Catman »

Agree that at the moment it is frustrating with the various injuries/suspension. Not something that happened last year with the beta as they had a couple of transfer windows in the shorter period that it was running.

It does mean that there is a little more luck involved as some people with strong 15's might still have a fully fit and scoring line-up whereas others with Rooney, Ramsey, Debuchy are having it a little tough at the moment.

Means it is much more of a marathon than a sprint ...

EzBloke
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Was lost, but now am found. Was blind, but now can see. Was crap at FF, but now... no, wait... damn
FS Record: Very, very poor...

Post by EzBloke »

Me too.

Didn't realise any loans taken had to be cancelled before taking a second - so my 3 match gamble on Di Maria had to be cancelled for me to get an 11 man scoring squad due to the loss of Rooney, Ramsey, Debuchey et al (plus Wengers decision not play Sanchez?!)

Still think this is a great game but feeling a bit narked about the decisions I'm making... but there is nothing new there!

Ez

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Thought it was just me! Got a 25 man squad thank goodness but pretty much been destroyed by Rooney, Ramsey, Debuchy, Noble, Mirallas, Evans and Ings all getting injured/suspended at the same time. Unfortunately 3-4 of those are long term enough to have quite a large impact. 62nd in the world overall last week will be a distant memory soon methinks... :x

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving season on season

Post by PNE4PREM »

Have to agree a great game. Reckon we all have those injuries/bans , just work my team around them!!

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

PNE4PREM wrote:Reckon we all have those injuries/bans
Be very surprised if many people have more than 1/4 of their squad unavailable simultaneously?

Agree with you on your first point though, it is a great game.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

I've been lucky to have no bans or injuries so far with only Balotelli today the big hitter not playing. With 25 in the squad, having a man or two out just makes the bench decision easier. I had such a decent bench for this week that Ozil missed out altogether.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

My seven reserves this week included one goalie and six injured outfield players!

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

bspittles wrote:My seven reserves this week included one goalie and six injured outfield players!
Same here, except that my bench also included an injured player. But heyho it's looking better for the next game week with Wisdom back and Noble not too far away, so perhaps I'll have a fully fit bench again. But in fact this wasn't a problem this week as in fact I only needed 14 of my 15 fit outfield players, with Cahill still twiddling his thumbs on my bench. Some managers are real drama queens and moan when they have only 3 or 4 injured players. They look like whingers even compared to real life Premiership managers with full treatment rooms. :wink: The biggest downside of reading fiso is to see how many whingers there are.

As I posted in August, the key to this game is a 25 man squad, not just an 18-20 man squad as a few were suggesting. Anyone with a 25 man squad all of whom are pitch possibilities shouldn't have a problem, however many injuries they get.

loosecannon85
Grumpy Old Man

Post by loosecannon85 »

Have to agree with you there. I read an article on another site and it said you could get away with a few non players. I decided to ignore that. A 25 man team of first team players,not only gives you redundancy but gives your more MD options.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Ultimate FPL”