To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW5 Team

Ultimate Fantasy Premier League - starting 2014/15
thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

GW5 Team

Post by thesilkworm »

I'm torn between the following options this week:

- field an entire starting 11 of MD1 players, with 7 MD2 players on the bench. This will force me to leave out 3 fairly strong MD2 options entirely, as they can't all make it on to my bench.

- sacrifice 1-3 of my weaker MD1 players, and throw 1-3 of my strongest MD2 players straight into the starting 11.

I didn't play this game last year, so am really a bit stuck with this one. If I go with option 1, first 11 will look like the screenshot below (not necessarily with that exact bench - can't imagine I'll be leaving out Fabregas). If I go with option 2, I'm thinking maybe Clyne/Vlaar/Henderson could be the ones to miss out entirely to ensure that all of my strong MD2 options get a chance.

What would you do?

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Re: GW5 Team

Post by CptPugwash »

without a doubt go with 11 on MD1. Possibly 1 MD2 player absolute maximum.

Imagine you started with 3 MD2 players, then in order to utilise your full bench you would end up with 10 MD2 players. Seriously how pessimistic about your MD1 team would you have to be.

Added to that Clean Sheets are coming from all sorts of unexpected places at the moment. How sick would you be if your 5th choice MD1 defender gets a clean sheet and you left him out to squeeze in more MD2 players.

Note I would change this advice slightly if there is a matchday 3 game and lots of attractive matchday 2 options.

EDIT - If that were my squad I'd put 1 MD2 Midfielder into the team instead of Henderson, and leave the rest as is, but I'd deffo have a MD2 keeper on the bench given Newcastle's recent defending.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Re: GW5 Team

Post by thesilkworm »

Thanks for the reply - I'm still quite new to this format. Will wait until after the Europa league fixtures to decide on exact bench, but will definitely go with a minimum of 10 MD1 players.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Ultimate FPL”