To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

What was your strategy?

Ultimate Fantasy Premier League - starting 2014/15
loosecannon85
Grumpy Old Man

What was your strategy?

Post by loosecannon85 »

Ok, so now the transfers are locked in everyone can be a little less secretive, its funny what money does to people :lol:

What was your strategy for choosing your squad?

Mine was,

Have a balanced squad of outfield players that all play, giving me the maximum base of players allowing me to accommodate the fixtures and navigate injuries
Pick two playing goal keepers that rotated MD1 and MD2 and take one keeper on the bench each week
Pick a squad where I could play 5 at the back on MD1 most weeks and have an inexpensive defenders, with the idea of generally only taking 1 defender on the bench into MD2/3
Pick 3/4 attacking players I felt would be high scoring regardless of their fixture rotation
Pick the rest of the attacking line to rotate the match days as best I could

RNEBish
Cheetah

Re: What was your strategy?

Post by RNEBish »

All players likely to play the majority of games for their clubs.

No more than one player from a team in a set position (I had Henderson and Sterling in midfield, but I noticed in the first three weeks it was unbalancing me having 4 players from the same team, and particularly those two in the centre.)

No more than 3 players from the same team.

Three keepers I'd actually use, one first choice and two rotating home games.

4 "first choice" defenders from top teams (damn you Debuchy...), two rotating home games, and two cheap 4 mills

4 "first choice" mids and 4 I'd be more than happy with using as subs. Again, all different clubs

2 "first choice" forwards, 2 middling good forwards, 2 cheaper forwards that might chip in now and then.

My biggest priority was versatility and being happy with any of my players playing. this squad needs to survive until January, and even with the 9 subs, 16 of the 25 need to survive until the end of the season.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Ultimate FPL”