To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW4 Transfers.

Ultimate Fantasy Premier League - starting 2014/15
CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

GW4 Transfers.

Post by CptPugwash »

What's everyone's thoughts going forward.

My preferred formation is going to be 532 on the Saturday, with at most 1 defender on the bench. The theory is to have 5 attempts at a clean sheet at the back on the Saturday and switch to 343 on Sunday. I only plan to have defenders on the bench on Sunday/Monday if either they have a stand out fixture, or I don't have enough Midfielders/Forwards to make up the numbers.

I plan to have a 3 pairs of rotating cheap(ish) defenders, and 1 or at the most 2 premium defenders.
At the moment I'm thinking for rotating pairs.
Stoke - Swansea, Soton - Leicester, possibly Newcastle - Sunderland, though I'm considering both West Ham - Palace & Burnley - Hull.
First premium def is obv from Chelsea, currently have Cahill, but if I have enough transfers I'd upgrade to Ivanovic. The choice for the 8th defender is either Cahill/Baines for the chance of big points, someone from Spurs? or Ferdinand to save money.

For the front 14, I think I will have at most 2 or 3 teams double covered. Also ideally I'm going to have at least 1 player from each MNF for the foreseeable future. The teams I'm having most trouble deciding on is who to get from Everton and Spurs. They have to be reasonably sure of starting and have a reasonable chance of picking up points, as they are going to have a lot of Sunday Fixtures. Naismith was a shoe in until Eto'o came on, and I thought h played well for those 20 minutes, so now I'm undecided. Think the Spurs slot is a choice between Adebayor and Eriksen.

Thoughts?

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Re: GW4 Transfers.

Post by The Catman »

Yes, I tend to play more defenders on the Saturday if that is possible within my squad, but like to have 7 MD2/3 players on the bench if at all possible.

I don't think Naismith is a worry - at 5.0m if he doesn't play it isn't a disaster.

Struggling to find a balance between expensive/cheap players compared to more mid-price players who might do well.

Still, plenty of time to decide...

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

The Catman wrote: I don't think Naismith is a worry - at 5.0m if he doesn't play it isn't a disaster.
it's not a disaster if he doesn't play on Saturday, in all likelihood I would not pick him most weeks anyway if he plays Saturday. Problem is the Sunday/Monday options are very often going to be a lot more limited, and Everton/Spurs can look forward to a lot of Sunday games. I'm wondering how he's going to juggle his front line through the front half of the season.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

The Catman wrote: Struggling to find a balance between expensive/cheap players compared to more mid-price players who might do well.

My thoughts are this. I don't want to not have a player who might be a popular choice & a likely captain choice who may well bang in a hatful of points in any given week.
So Costa is essential, as half the competition may well have him and captain him so I can't afford to miss out on a possible 40pts to over half the field,... but say Fabregas & Hazard less so, as though I might well miss out on a windfall but at least it's not likely to be a doubled windfall. If that makes any sense.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

CptPugwash wrote:
The Catman wrote: Struggling to find a balance between expensive/cheap players compared to more mid-price players who might do well.

My thoughts are this. I don't want to not have a player who might be a popular choice & a likely captain choice who may well bang in a hatful of points in any given week.
So Costa is essential, as half the competition may well have him and captain him so I can't afford to miss out on a possible 40pts to over half the field,... but say Fabregas & Hazard less so, as though I might well miss out on a windfall but at least it's not likely to be a doubled windfall. If that makes any sense.
I was thinking of not having Costa, and then instead having Fabregas and Hazard as coverage. Do you think that's ok?

My other main strikers would be Rooney, Sturridge and Adebayor.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

It's a shame that Hull didn't get through to the Europa League, as that would then have allowed more Sunday fixtures.

I don't think this game works as well when there are not too many games on MD2 and MD3. It doesn't allow you to take advantage of having a better balanced squad as much.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Football Hero wrote:I don't think this game works as well when there are not too many games on MD2 and MD3. It doesn't allow you to take advantage of having a better balanced squad as much.
This is true if you mean by balanced, having the 'correct' number of players (with good points potential) on a Saturday and Sunday. (+Monday). I have found that there is just enough MD2 games to have a good crack at it though in all but a couple of weeks.

If you don't think there are enough MD2/3 games then perhaps a slightly tweaked version of your squad would be better. Instead of 24-25 viable players, maybe 18-20 or even less. As I said on the other thread, the game is so complex, it's awfully difficult to strategize.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Anyone going for a punt or two? Walcott has 1% ownership and should be back soon for example.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Mo Bot wrote:Anyone going for a punt or two? Walcott has 1% ownership and should be back soon for example.
I considered this but the problem is, we don't know when he will be back and he is also expensive so you would have a player taking up a big chunk of your budget who isn't even playing. It could work out though if he only misses another week or 2 and comes straight back into the starting line up.

phantomscythe
FISOhead
FS Record: FPL record (9 seasons): Best - 179 / Worst - 28,419; *2x FISO 5AS Champ; *Conference H2H Champ

Post by phantomscythe »

Mo Bot wrote:Anyone going for a punt or two? Walcott has 1% ownership and should be back soon for example.
I think my one major punt has been Mane (Southampton) who only has 0.4% ownership.

boise1234
Grumpy Old Man

Post by boise1234 »

just realised all my unused transfers have now been lost...........should have read the rules :oops:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Ultimate FPL”