To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Ultimate FPL 2014/15

Ultimate Fantasy Premier League - starting 2014/15
quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Ultimate FPL 2014/15

Post by quizking »

After last year's false start, this game has now properly launched;

http://ultimate.premierleague.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

£5 entry, £25k first prize (up from the £15k originally mooted last season).

More than one entry per person does appear to be allowed, but each entry has to be made using a different user i.d. - seems a bit odd, and at variance with the strict one entry per person rule in the regular FPL game. Anyway, at least there is now an ISM game with a prize.

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Re: Ultimate FPL 2014/15

Post by Calvin1979 »

I'm in and paid up. I enjoyed the beta version at the end of last season and am looking forward to it in full this season.

That is until I go away in September, miss three GWs and lose interest :|

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

quizking wrote: More than one entry per person does appear to be allowed, but each entry has to be made using a different user i.d. - seems a bit odd, and at variance with the strict one entry per person rule in the regular FPL game.
Where are you reading that?

In the rules section it says "In the interest of fair play each person may only enter one team".

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Terms;

12. While there is no limit on the number of entries per household or organisation, only one entry in respect of the Game per unique registered user of the Site is permitted (concerning which the decision of ISM shall be final). Each unique registered user shall be based on a unique email address provided by the Player but nothing shall prevent a Player submitting more than one entry by using different unique registered user accounts.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

quizking wrote:Terms;

12. While there is no limit on the number of entries per household or organisation, only one entry in respect of the Game per unique registered user of the Site is permitted (concerning which the decision of ISM shall be final). Each unique registered user shall be based on a unique email address provided by the Player but nothing shall prevent a Player submitting more than one entry by using different unique registered user accounts.
Ha ha. Well I suppose they will need to clear that up. I suspect that the 'terms' bit is the real answer and the FAQ section of the rules is just a hasty copy and paste job from the standard game.

To be honest, this probably extinguishes my already dwindling interest in the game (for this season at least), especially since the loan system is still for me too expensive. :(

Jack72
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maxi Muscle FF - 1st (October MOTM) . , TFF Weekender - 1st (Week 13) , Championship FF - 34th. WC 2014 TFF - 27th

Post by Jack72 »

Ok can someone please explain.......when making substitutions during a game week, those that are substituted lose all their points ????

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Jack72 wrote:Ok can someone please explain.......when making substitutions during a game week, those that are substituted lose all their points ????
Yes, you are taking the gamble that the player brought in will score more.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Stemania wrote:
quizking wrote:Terms;

Ha ha. Well I suppose they will need to clear that up. I suspect that the 'terms' bit is the real answer and the FAQ section of the rules is just a hasty copy and paste job from the standard game.

To be honest, this probably extinguishes my already dwindling interest in the game (for this season at least), especially since the loan system is still for me too expensive. :(
I suspect (hope) that this will be clarified to keep it to one person one team, but allows for families to have an entry each.

Otherwise, combined with only one overall and one monthly prize it will reduce my interest (unless I win of course)

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

The Catman wrote:I suspect (hope) that this will be clarified to keep it to one person one team, but allows for families to have an entry each.

Otherwise, combined with only one overall and one monthly prize it will reduce my interest (unless I win of course)
I couldn't care less if some individuals decide to enter more than one team using different accounts.

The beta version last season was enjoyable but one team was quite enough for anyone to manage properly. So managers looking after more than one team won't enjoy any unfair advantage. Although I'd look at them slightly askance, it would be more with pity than annoyance.

So I don't see why managers multi-entering, whether or not it's against the spirit of the game, should reduce anyone else's interest in the game.

Jack72
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maxi Muscle FF - 1st (October MOTM) . , TFF Weekender - 1st (Week 13) , Championship FF - 34th. WC 2014 TFF - 27th

Post by Jack72 »

The very best of luck to anyone who has to manage more than one team in this format !!!!!!!!!! :shock:

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

Here's the relevant british law for this stuff - I can't be bothered to argue the toss, but briefly put as I remember it (and it's partly to do with my real life work running quizzes/games/competitions etc.) - since 2005 free entry comps can specify one entry per person only, but if there is a paid option as in the national lottery for example, then there is no restriction, section 2 is probably most relevant.

http://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/PD ... 202009.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Whatever, good luck to all - I have always been nonplussed by the appeal of the FPL game seeing as it hasn't ever had a cash prize incentive, hoping that UFPL works out, looks good to me.

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

Anyone entered a squad for this yet?

When I tr after clicking enter squad and the subsequent team details it says next screen is age verification but the button is inactive.
Anyone know solution?

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Catman »

dead parrot wrote:Anyone entered a squad for this yet?

When I tr after clicking enter squad and the subsequent team details it says next screen is age verification but the button is inactive.
Anyone know solution?
Had this at first - the problem is that your team name is too long even though it fits in the box provided. Use a shorter team name and the age verification box becomes active.
Last edited by The Catman on 17 Jul 2014, 09:46, edited 1 time in total.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Catman »

quizking wrote:Here's the relevant british law for this stuff - I can't be bothered to argue the toss, but briefly put as I remember it (and it's partly to do with my real life work running quizzes/games/competitions etc.) - since 2005 free entry comps can specify one entry per person only, but if there is a paid option as in the national lottery for example, then there is no restriction, section 2 is probably most relevant.

http://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/PD ... 202009.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Whatever, good luck to all - I have always been nonplussed by the appeal of the FPL game seeing as it hasn't ever had a cash prize incentive, hoping that UFPL works out, looks good to me.
Asked UFPL about this and got the following reply:

Hi,

"In the interest of fair play each person may only enter one team".

"Each unique registered user shall be based on a unique email address provided by the Player but nothing shall prevent a Player submitting more than one entry by using different unique registered user accounts".

This is saying that although there is nothing stopping an individual from making multiple accounts using various email addresses (i.e. there is no software in place that detects two entries from one user), it is against the rules and we will try our hardest to make sure that no individual has more than one team.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ultimate Fantasy Premier League

Looks like a bit of a gap between intention and ability to police it.

Only one team for me anyway.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

That makes sense - good that you got a swift reply from them too.

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

The Catman wrote:
dead parrot wrote:Anyone entered a squad for this yet?

Anyone know solution?
Had this at first - the problem is that your team name is too long even though it fits in the box provided. Use a shorter team name and the age verification box becomes active.
ah! clever!
thanks

Now passport required!
is it a ukip inspired plot to prevent aliens entering?
it was fun entering 44 character long detail required.
but the photo on the passport they show looks nothing like me. I hope thats not a problem

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

The Catman wrote:
quizking wrote:Here's the relevant british law for this stuff - I can't be bothered to argue the toss, but briefly put as I remember it (and it's partly to do with my real life work running quizzes/games/competitions etc.) - since 2005 free entry comps can specify one entry per person only, but if there is a paid option as in the national lottery for example, then there is no restriction, section 2 is probably most relevant.

Asked UFPL about this and got the following reply:

Hi,

"In the interest of fair play each person may only enter one team".

"Each unique registered user shall be based on a unique email address provided by the Player but nothing shall prevent a Player submitting more than one entry by using different unique registered user accounts".

This is saying that although there is nothing stopping an individual from making multiple accounts using various email addresses (i.e. there is no software in place that detects two entries from one user), it is against the rules and we will try our hardest to make sure that no individual has more than one team.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ultimate Fantasy Premier League

Looks like a bit of a gap between intention and ability to police it.

Only one team for me anyway.
Why don't they just say in the rules that they only allow one team per person but cannot enforce it legally? Then the fiso-thought-police could swing into action................
a bit of timely knee-capping would soon ensure compliance

Kay

Post by Kay »

I just had a brief look at the game. Bit rubbish from what I've seen now in terms of prize structure. I mean, everyone competing is paying money and in the end only 11 players (10 monthly winners + overall winner) will see some cash? That's bogus. They should at least have a winner per match day as well.

UPS
FISOhead
FS Record: 7th prize £400 daily star 12/13. Led sun world cup game after group stage then went french!!

Post by UPS »

Fiso Ultimate league now in operation

Code ***

Free to join not sure whether to lock league in game week 1 or leave till week 3 for latecomers
Last edited by Spencer4 on 21 Jul 2014, 06:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited post to avoid confusion.

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018

Post by Spencer4 »

This is the mini-league:
Vid wrote:league created

FISO Forum
pin: 1783-290

all welcome

1albert
Treebeard
FS Record: Fiso FPL Cup 2018/19 3rd Place
Fiso FPL H2H League 1 2018/19 Champion
Fiso FPL Ctibbets H2H Spring League 18/19 Champion
Fiso Eliteserien League 2019 3rd place

Post by 1albert »

Spencer4 wrote:This is the mini-league:
Vid wrote:league created

FISO Forum
pin: 1783-290

all welcome
I'm in. Time to read the rule book.

EzBloke
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Was lost, but now am found. Was blind, but now can see. Was crap at FF, but now... no, wait... damn
FS Record: Very, very poor...

Post by EzBloke »

I'm in

Bit of clarification for me though...

How many Manager Substitutions can I make in one gameweek?

UPS
FISOhead
FS Record: 7th prize £400 daily star 12/13. Led sun world cup game after group stage then went french!!

Post by UPS »

EzBloke wrote:I'm in

Bit of clarification for me though...

How many Manager Substitutions can I make in one gameweek?
5 in each of the first 3 game weeks and they are carried over if unused so 15 in total then transfers cease till xmas

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

As many as you like as long as the player you are bringing in is on your bench and has not already played in the same game week. So in effect you can mess around with all 18 of your players, i.e. excluding your eight reserves, as frequently as you like as long as the incoming player hasn't already had a fixture.

@UPS - he asked about manager substitutions not transfers.

UPS
FISOhead

Post by UPS »

Apologies, mis read

UPS
FISOhead

Post by UPS »

Can't seem to get those 15 transfers out my head,still seems a ridiculous amount meaning lots of similar teams after 3 weeks

EzBloke
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Was lost, but now am found. Was blind, but now can see. Was crap at FF, but now... no, wait... damn
FS Record: Very, very poor...

Post by EzBloke »

Cheers folks!

Shuffled everyone onto the pitch for the matches on the 16th leaving some of the 17th/18th match day big hitters on the bench then had a panic attack re-reading the Manager Substitutions FAQ as "One player only (plus captain)." :D

(I never was the sharpest tool in the picnic.)

Ez

Droughton
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 11/12 - 292

Post by Droughton »

UPS wrote:Can't seem to get those 15 transfers out my head,still seems a ridiculous amount meaning lots of similar teams after 3 weeks
Just wondering your reasoning as to why there would be similar teams?

In my opinion you can't make transfer between GW3-GW20 so it wouldn't make sense to get rid of say Ramsey for a 7-9m mid who has good games at the start and is ahead by a few points.

Also even if 2 squads were exactly identical thats where player selection, subs, captaincy comes into it and the scores could be very different

boise1234
Grumpy Old Man

Post by boise1234 »

Droughton wrote:
UPS wrote:Can't seem to get those 15 transfers out my head,still seems a ridiculous amount meaning lots of similar teams after 3 weeks
Just wondering your reasoning as to why there would be similar teams?

In my opinion you can't make transfer between GW3-GW20 so it wouldn't make sense to get rid of say Ramsey for a 7-9m mid who has good games at the start and is ahead by a few points.

Also even if 2 squads were exactly identical thats where player selection, subs, captaincy comes into it and the scores could be very different
exactly, thats what I like about this game, its not just about transfers, but also captaining and selection, hardest decisions last year were along the lines of do I replace a midfielder who scored a solid 4pts on the saturday with an arguably better player who is playing on the sunday but in a difficult fixture etc

Geoffv
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 301st overall FPL 2013-14

Post by Geoffv »

Really liked this game at the end of last season. Apart from remembering to go the site on Sunday and Monday mornings each week not to onerous. Ultimo Pathetico in....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Ultimate FPL”