8%
Google X1
3%
None of the above - please state
53%

Total votes: 38

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Re: Starting team Poll - 7 days

Post by Razorback »

Voted none of the above as I'd prefer to wait a few weeks & see if a pundit's team makes an appearance.

If it doesn't then I'd probably favour either thelip's team or the twitter team, facebook's seems a bit too good (for an egg cup starting XI) whilst the google team isn't that much better than HH's Southampton XI :lol: ...

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Happy to go with Lip's team if a pundit XI doesn't appear.

The Soton team is a good idea Hoppy but the thing about the Egg team for me is that it is good enough to do well season long - with respect, I don't think that one fits the bill.... :|

Alchemist
Grumpy Old Chemist
Location: Finally in the promised land - Premiership Champions 2014 - Come on you Saints!!!!!
FS Record: Snoopy vs The Red Baron

Post by Alchemist »

The Soton team is a shocking idea.

Has to be a pundit, and failing that the Lips.

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

Would much prefer a pundit's starting XI, and would happily wait a couple of weeks if that's what it takes.

While I quite liked the Southampton team idea, I think it changes the competition too much, part of the attraction is being able to spot the good picks in the pundit's side to hang on to, whilst throwing away the dross. With all due respect to the Saints, within a very short space of time everyone's team would bear no resemblance to the starting XI... and that's not what the egg cup should be about, I think?

If there really is not going to be a pundit's team this year, I'd plump for the lip's team - although a fair bit stronger than a pundit usually comes up with, it would (now I've read this thread and understand the history, thanks for that!) be appropriate to revert to the initial concept, if there's no other neutral choice.

The Woolster
Grumpy Ball of Wool
Location: EECCC Division 3 Champion 08/09. EECCC Treble winner 2006/07
FS Record: 10th Daily Star 10/11. 11th Daily Mail 08/09. 19th Daily Star 11/12. 24th TFFE 05/06. 37th TFF 05/06. 52nd CYKI 08/09.

Post by The Woolster »

Posted this idea on the other thread earlier before seeing this one
Why not base it on % of picks in the game? my idea to make it interesting is to take the lowest picked at the top end of their respective price range, with a starting formation of 442. I've not seen full price list yet, but you could either say the lowest picked strikers priced 6m and above, and midfielders 4m above etc, or from 10 top priced strikers, top 20 priced midfielders etc.
So I picked it to see if it would work

Keeper from 10 most expensive
Defender above £4m
Midfielder above £4m
Striker above £6m

As it stands it would look like this

Sorenson - Suggest change this to Foster as Sorenson not guaranteed starter
Sagna
Evans
Rio - Suggest change to Koscielny other wise over budget
Smalling
Modric - If he leaves change to Gutierrez
Cabaye
Nani
Young
Giroud
Ba or Bent

Seeing that we have to make some changes, it could be possible to have Rio but our changes would have to bring it below budget

I think we should wait for a pundit XI, but its an idea

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Haven't looked at any of the teams in question (or the player lists etc) but we really have to wait for a Hansen team as that is tradition. If Alan Smith (again) or Ratboy is/are the new Hansen then so be it.

If none appear in a reasonable timeframe (Aug 1?) then thelip will make a fine Hansen. Not sure about his central defensive ability or his TV punditry skills but he is at least Scottish and past it!

portugal7
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: SL winner 98/99; 08/09; 10/11; 11/12; 13/14. AFL Dream Team preliminary finals 12/13, league runner up 13/14

Post by portugal7 »

I've voted for other as think starting with a 'Hansen' XI would add to the general hilarity.

If Hansen's team doesn't materialise then 'thelip' gets my vote :)

thelip
FISO Jedi Braveheart
FS Record: Variable

Post by thelip »

murf wrote:Haven't looked at any of the teams in question (or the player lists etc) but we really have to wait for a Hansen team as that is tradition. If Alan Smith (again) or Ratboy is/are the new Hansen then so be it.

If none appear in a reasonable timeframe (Aug 1?) then thelip will make a fine Hansen. Not sure about his central defensive ability or his TV punditry skills but he is at least Scottish and past it!
Grrr! :evil:

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Starting team Poll - 7 days

Post by Beerfuelledman »

thelip wrote:Grrr! :evil:
Terrible defending!! lol

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Shocking! :wink:

Neath boy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Egg Cup Premier league champions 2011-12 and 2012-13. Fiso H2H PremierLeague champion 2015/16. FISO Super League regular season champion 2016-17.

Post by Neath boy »

I voted none of above. I would go with Lip's 11. If not then my fallback would be the Facebook 11. Definitely not S'ton-sorry Paul!

I have 2 weeks holiday planned in next few weeks so would be good to know asap so I can plan accordingly.

I haven't even lokked at player list yet! Lacking enthusiasm at present but love the Egg league so the hook is now in!

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Post by Karrde »

I voted none of above as I think its early enough to wait for a pundits team to show up. If it doesnt then Lip's 11 fits into the spirit of the event :D

mase
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: one motm runner up prize works superleague winner 3 times

Post by mase »

a pundit or the lip for me

Methane on Titan
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Methane on Titan »

Beerfuelledman wrote:You should create a separate thread for random pish to be slated on.
I will be reading every post you make 8-) For the record i posted a team of shaven-headed players 'eggs'. Wasn't a suggestion but i felt it was relevant to an egg-cup league. No harm was meant to anybody.

happyhoppy
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF 2010/2011 3rd and 2021/2022 4th=

Post by happyhoppy »

Ok, on the basis that I am on holiday soon and most have voted by now and the overwhelming choice in the absence of a numpty X1 (which now seems likely as nothing I presume was in the paper) is thelip's X1 I am happy to proceed on this basis, so thank you John. I think also that this team fits the criteria well in that there are number of good players mixed in with the dilemma type players plus there is a cool 1.5m available to assist in changes.

So the starting X1 is:-

Vorm 3.3

Walker 4.1
Cahill 4.0
Hangeland 3.4
Gibbs 3.7

Valencia 4.5
Gerrard 4.4
McLean 3.7

Lambert 4.9
Jelavic 5.8
Aguero 6.7

Total 48.5m

thelip
FISO Jedi Braveheart

Post by thelip »

happyhoppy wrote:Ok, on the basis that I am on holiday soon and most have voted by now and the overwhelming choice in the absence of a numpty X1 (which now seems likely as nothing I presume was in the paper) is thelip's X1 I am happy to proceed on this basis, so thank you John. I think also that this team fits the criteria well in that there are number of good players mixed in with the dilemma type players plus there is a cool 1.5m available to assist in changes.

So the starting X1 is:-

Vorm 3.3

Walker 4.1
Cahill 4.0
Hangeland 3.4
Gibbs 3.7

Valencia 4.5
Gerrard 4.4
McLean 3.7

Lambert 4.9
Jelavic 5.8
Aguero 6.7

Total 48.5m
Glad to have been of assistance. I will manage my team so that you have a benchmark to go by if you like?

I'd also just like to take this opportunity to thank Paul for continuing this competition after I lost enthusiasm for TFF. I've bought a few teams this year to see if I can get my mojo back.

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Sounds good, do you want to enter the team or just track it using your own thread?

No probs on running it mate, I'm sure you had no idea when it started that it would turn out to be the monster side game that it has become.

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Has to be a FISO Open entry surely?

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Vid wrote:Has to be a FISO Open entry surely?
That's a good idea Vid, bung it in here John,

the-fiso-x1-open-2012-13-t96258.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thelip
FISO Jedi Braveheart

Post by thelip »

happyhoppy wrote:
Vid wrote:Has to be a FISO Open entry surely?
That's a good idea Vid, bung it in here John,

the-fiso-x1-open-2012-13-t96258.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've entered the control team in this league.

Team name: Stein

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Egg Cup Archive”