None of the above - please state
53%

Total votes: 38

happyhoppy
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF 2010/2011 3rd and 2021/2022 4th=

Starting team Poll - 7 days

Post by happyhoppy »

This poll will decide which starting X1 we will use for the 2012/13 season.

Saints Team

Facebook
Hart
Kompany
Kaboul
heitinga
Lampard
Valencia
Dempsey
Sess
Cabaye
Adebeyor
Aguero

Twitter
Degea
Lescott
Cahill
Nevill
Gorkss
Sigursson
Hazard
lallana
Rooney
Aguero
Poldolski

Google
Szczesny
Enrique
olsson
stam
Bessone
nani
mulumba
Tiote
Mata
Odemwinge
Cisse (p)

edit
thelip
Vorm 3.3

Walker 4.1
Cahill 4.0
Hangeland 3.4
Gibbs 3.7

Valencia 4.5
Gerrard 4.4
McLean 3.7

Lambert 4.9
Jelavic 5.8
Aguero 6.7

Total 48.5m"
Last edited by happyhoppy on 13 Jul 2012, 09:02, edited 1 time in total.

NuttyGeezer
Treebeard
FS Record: TFR 8th Overall.

Re: Starting team Poll - 7 days

Post by NuttyGeezer »

I'm not playing in the Egg Cup so feel free to ignore what I am saying as most people seem to feel the Facebook League is the best but if the unique thing about the Egg Cup is that you get lots of variation when people begin to make transfers, I think the Google one is the best because there is a fair few players that people will get rid of straight away.

Methane on Titan
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Methane on Titan »

NuttyGeezer wrote:I'm not playing in the Egg Cup so feel free to ignore what I am saying as most people seem to feel the Facebook League is the best but if the unique thing about the Egg Cup is that you get lots of variation when people begin to make transfers, I think the Google one is the best because there is a fair few players that people will get rid of straight away.
The facebook team is the strongest which will require a lot of thinking if/when making transfers, and would be far more interesting than the google team, which is arguably no better than the Southampton team.

Whoever chucked them google darts at the player list must have been p*ssed as a newt :lol:

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Voted none of the above.

Of the 4 given then Facebook is the one where you're not going to make wholesale transfers ASAP, definite keeps in it along with several that you really have to think about week to week.

I'd prefer a reasonable amount of time to be given for a "Hansen" type team to be pushed out, maybe in the w/e's paper?

Dixon
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Current 4 x FISO TFF Champion - Egg Cup League 3, Block League, Super6 League and Open XI League

Post by Dixon »

Had to vote Facebook after reading peoples comments about the Soton team idea which in turn switched my opinion.
I was happy to go along with it but if I had the choice it would be FB.

You've definately opened up an interesting sidegame idea though with the Soton team.

NuttyGeezer
Treebeard
FS Record: TFR 8th Overall.

Post by NuttyGeezer »

Vid wrote:Voted none of the above.

Of the 4 given then Facebook is the one where you're not going to make wholesale transfers ASAP, definite keeps in it along with several that you really have to think about week to week.

I'd prefer a reasonable amount of time to be given for a "Hansen" type team to be pushed out, maybe in the w/e's paper?
Thats what I thought but anyway I'll shut up now considering I'm not doing it. :lol:

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Vid wrote:I'd prefer a reasonable amount of time to be given for a "Hansen" type team to be pushed out, maybe in the w/e's paper?
At the minute - this. The player lists are only just released, hopefully we'll see a Hansen/Smith/(Gary Neville :shock: ) team in the paper to muse on soon! No objections towards looking at one of the above teams a little later if the preferred option doesn't materialise.

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

Not played before but think thats the best option, :)

Methane on Titan
Grumpy Old Man

Never seen a Hansen team, does he generally do well? :roll:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

No :lol:

I agree about waiting for a Celeb Guru to show a team, if not then the Facebook team looks the most interesting.

Maybe a deadline of sometime next week would be an idea?

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

The Poll runs for 7 days, most votes we go with that, that leaves plenty of time for a celeb X1 to materialise or not.

The facebook X1 is a bit too strong for my liking but hey ho. The Google tam is a self select X1 which is why it is so dross.

BTW I haven't voted yet, nice to know someone liked my idea. :lol:

Des
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Des »

Agreed, so I' ve also voted none of the above. If no celeb team appears then I would opt for the Twitter team.

Methane on Titan
Grumpy Old Man

The FB team does look very strong compared to the others, possibly too strong i wouldn't know because have never played the egg cup league before, so this will be my introductory season (which i'm really looking forward to).

Have read how the game works when blahblah pointed it out and gave me the links to last season's events (which i enjoyed reading), and it does look very challenging and interesting, exciting actually.

The FB team presents a sort of chess-like challenge, where any moves would need to be carefully thought out/planned, which i find very appealing. I dont think i would learn as much about the egg cup game if we all started with a weak team, open to all sorts of transferring in/out. The notifying of / explanation of transfers is something i look forward to doing and also hearing from others about their transfers.

Looks a damn cool game :)

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

My view would be take a puntit team if it comes in the next week or so if not the google team would be a similar scenario to the southampton team and the facebook team is the strongest so I would go for twitter which is the middle ground team.

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

I forgot to include thelips team as a further option who was the game's creator and administrator.

"Can I help? I've made up a team which is under budget and has no more than 1 player/team if you want to use it. No probs if you don't.

John

Vorm 3.3

Walker 4.1
Cahill 4.0
Hangeland 3.4
Gibbs 3.7

Valencia 4.5
Gerrard 4.4
McLean 3.7

Lambert 4.9
Jelavic 5.8
Aguero 6.7

Total 48.5m"

Matty B
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Matty B »

not playing this year but the lips team meets my criteria of what an egg team should be ... one or two players I may have picked and the rest made up of players that are not completely ludicrous or objectionable but probably wouldn't be in my ideal xi

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Just to reiterate
happyhoppy wrote:Thanks VID but it has to be some moron providing us with the starting team that is what the egg is all about.

the dude abides
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Renault Clio Sport Winner 2010/11

Post by the dude abides »

Voted none of above purely because 7 days is long enough for TFF to endorse some sort of Hanson type team..If not FB team looks more balnced to me..

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Dear Mr Hopkins

There are currently no pundit's teams.

Kind regards

Ian

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Vid wrote:Just to reiterate
happyhoppy wrote:Thanks VID but it has to be some moron providing us with the starting team that is what the egg is all about.
I'll take that (What the Egg is all about) a little further if I may, for those interested parties who don't know how the whole thing began.

About 10yrs ago our little pipsuite forum, as it was then, received a new member, who we affectionately refer to as thelip (Its his birthday today, by the way). Thelip, like many of us came here seeking fantasy football advice and to paraphrase the happyhoppy quote above, was essentially the original "moron" - not Hansen, as many would believe.

Thelip had his own fantasy football team and was seeking transfer advice. A few of us pitched in; Myself, murf, Madchester, Lucky7's etc. Not knowing any of us, thelip wasn't sure how much stock to put in each of our opinions. So he kept a little thread record of how many points the transfers recommended by BFM made, how many points the transfers recommended by murf made and where he would be if he had followed the advice of Lucky7's for example.

It became quite the little competition which ultimately gave thelip the seed for the following season's idea of making it into a more formal little competition. Alan Hansen's selection was at that stage chosen to provided a neutral firm basis for a starting TFF team for us all to show our competence with transfers with, and the EECCC was born growing from one little league into the current 5. :D

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Nice summary BFM. 8-)

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Can those that vote for OTHER please state what your alternative is and what you will vote for if the other options stated become the only options. I can then manually add these back in.

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

I voted none of the above as I'd prefer to wait a week or two. Of those chosen I'd go with Facebook because I don't REALLY want to have to throw a load of transfers at this early doors.

Des
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Des »

Des wrote:

Agreed, so I' ve also voted none of the above. If no celeb team appears then I would opt for the Twitter team.
I'd like to change my "vote", in light of new information of an option not included in the voting list. It's still basically none of the above, but I think the founder of the EggCup is the ultimate celeb for this comp, and it would be most appropriate to use his offering as this year's template.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Can we assume that voting is irrelevant if Hansen\Dixon, or similar, aren't outed in the next week?

While I like the idea of the Facebook side it could be that three transfers are glaringly obvious if: Adebayor goes abroad, Caulker starts in place of Kaboul, and Dempsey goes to Anfield but isn't starting.......

Methane on Titan
Grumpy Old Man

Des wrote:I think the founder of the EggCup is the ultimate celeb for this comp, and it would be most appropriate to use his offering as this year's template.
It's a decent team and one that wouldn't require an immediate clear-out, i'd be happy with this team also, especially now you've added a nice sentiment :)

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

My current vote is for 'None of the above' prefering thelip's team to Facebook or twitter. I could be tempted by a Ratfaced Gary Neville 11 if it transpires, but Johns 11 is my best choice so far.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Voted for "other" too, there is bound to be a better "sports celeb" team soon

Methane on Titan
Grumpy Old Man

edit: was random pish, apologies
Last edited by Methane on Titan on 12 Jul 2012, 21:18, edited 1 time in total.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

You should create a separate thread for random pish to be slated on.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Egg Cup Archive”