To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

I'm stepping down at the end of the season but....

Archive for Egg Cup topics.
happyhoppy
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF 2010/2011 3rd and 2021/2022 4th=

I'm stepping down at the end of the season but....

Post by happyhoppy »

Due to increasing time constraints, no work access and being away a fair bit these days and also I feel that the egg competition could do with a new direction and some new ideas to try and gather interest (numbers have dropped off a lot this year) and some current players have intimated a lack of interest in FF in general (not the egg tbf).

So with that said I have been in discussions with Mystery who has the enthusiasm and technological nous (as he is atm with great team updates regularly) to take the egg leagues forwards. Plus he's a Mod so can keep the forum and threads organised.

I will continue to play however so you don't get rid of me that easily.
Last edited by happyhoppy on 05 Mar 2017, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: I'm Resigning at the end of the season but....

Post by murf »

Thanks for all your work over the years.

Not sure why interest has tailed off, it has always been my favourite side game and still is.

The number of transfers has made our teams diverge more/sooner which loses some of the Egginess but that is only a small thing.

I'll still be here too, so as long as there are a few of us (preferably 12 for a full Eggbox!) then we march forward under the new king Mystery.

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

Sorry to hear that HH, it's the end of an era! Many thanks for the sterling work on this one over many years, and glad to hear you have a capable pair of hands lined up to take over.

I'll still be around next year of course. This is one of the very few side games I always play and, having fought my way up from the bottom to the dizzy heights of the PL, I'm not going to give up anytime soon... even if I am in a bit of a relegation scrap at the moment!

Neath boy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Egg Cup Premier league champions 2011-12 and 2012-13. Fiso H2H PremierLeague champion 2015/16. FISO Super League regular season champion 2016-17.

Post by Neath boy »

Thanks for all the hard work Paul. I am one of those who have lost interest in TFF due to inter match transfers and the increased number of them available, but the Egg Cup is a competition I havelalways enjoyed. Even though my interesdt has waned if I do enter a team next year it will be in this side competition. I do wish they would reduce the transfers and get rid of inter game transfers but it isn't going to happen sadly.

Thanks again.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Many thanks Mr Hoppy for all of your hard work and enthusiasm and thanks also to Mystery for taking on the mantle of Chief Egg.

This is surely one of the best fantasy football competitions around. :)

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Post by Spencer4 »

I echo the above, great work over the years, looking forward to further disappointing seasons in the future...

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

Thanks HH for a cracking few years at the helm. As everyone has said above despite my own slightly dwindling interest in FF this league continues to be the one I care about most.

This will become one of only a couple of leagues I'll be chairing going forward and I look forward to continuing the fine tradition established by thelip and very ably continued by Happy Hoppy.

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

MOD HAT ON
I thought I'd split this thread to move the transfer suggestions somewhere else. Please continue the HH love here and visit here to discuss league change.

zipnolan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ex FISODAS champ; 2009 TFF 95th, MOTW and TFF cup qtr finalist, TFFO 78th, FPL 346th. And a lot of rubbish.

Post by zipnolan »

Adding my thanks - this is a great game, and you (HH) have added the needle element that makes it greater. We are in your debt.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Egg Cup Archive”