To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Avatars, and how to get one on your FISO account?

News about, or comment on, the FISO forums. Post suggestions to Admin here!
Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Re: Avatars, and how to get one on your FISO account?

Post by Surprised »

I don't know then. I presume you are not on a phone or Ipad?
It might not work on an Ipad because of Java

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Try a different browser?

csluyuan

Post by csluyuan »

They just need to be below 48kb in size and not offensive.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Tacalabala wrote:I don't know whether it's just me, but I do get annoyed when people don't have avatars - it makes it hard to instantly recognise who is who on a thread, and makes the forum look a bit boring.
While it might be an exagerration to say that it is just you, I'm sure that you're in a small minority. I'm picturing you sitting with The Young Ones getting worked up together about some people not having avatars. :wink:

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

No offence Striker, but the point is that I find it hard to remember any of your posts because when you make one, they look like any other post from someone without an avatar. And I can't be alone in that.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Is it as annoying as people changing avatars :wink: :P

I'm curious why a two and half year old post was dug up by this non avatar striker person though.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Lol, you have to take a bump where you can!

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Nothing is as annoying as people having the same avatar. Be yourself.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

WilBert wrote:Is it as annoying as people changing avatars :wink: :P

I'm curious why a two and half year old post was dug up by this non avatar striker person though.
Not sure how I came to this thread last night, (some link in a current thread) but having read Tacalabala's point of view I was struck by his eccentric annoyance, but each to his own. What made me respond was his suggestion that he was in a large majority. That is a wild assumption. What slightly irritates me is when an avatar or other stuff such as that describing a poster's fantasy history results in a considerable waste of space on the page. But I don't immediately attribute my own point of view to the majority.

As regards Tacalabala's point that he finds it difficult to distinguish posts with no avatar. There's a pretty good clue which is not difficult even for an old codger like myself to absorb immediately without the need for a double take, in the top left hand corner of every post. :wink:

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Personally, whilst I quite like avatars for the reason stated that they make posters more instantly recognisable, I also dislike avatars that move or change on screen because, well, they can be pretty annoying.

It tends to be the less able managers who have them.....perhaps they are trying to make up for something :P

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Striker wrote:
WilBert wrote:Is it as annoying as people changing avatars :wink: Image

Not sure how I came to this thread last night, (some link in a current thread) but having read Tacalabala's point of view I was struck by his eccentric annoyance, but each to his own. What made me respond was his suggestion that he was in a large majority. That is a wild assumption. What slightly irritates me is when an avatar or other stuff such as that describing a poster's fantasy history results in a considerable waste of space on the page. But I don't immediately attribute my own point of view to the majority.

As regards Tacalabala's point that he finds it difficult to distinguish posts with no avatar. There's a pretty good clue which is not difficult even for an old codger like myself to absorb immediately without the need for a double take, in the top left hand corner of every post. :wink:
When I refer to the majority, I mean the majority of posters, clearly I mean regular posters, and since the majority of them do have avatars it's not a stretch to take that as support for my position. Ultimately it's up to you whether you have avatar, but you can at least acknowledge that they are there for function as well as decoration (which, incidentally, is why there are animated ones, as they commonly feature a 5as team logo).

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Tacalabala wrote:No offence Striker, but the point is that I find it hard to remember any of your posts because when you make one, they look like any other post from someone without an avatar. And I can't be alone in that.
Mebbe if you read the posts, you might find he is part of a more significant minority?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Ban moving avatars
Ban changing avatars
Ban changing of avatars
Ban not having an avatar
Ban copying avatars
Ban FPL team avatars

Sorted :D

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

Can't be bothered looking it up but there was an old thread on which people nominated an avatar for Dot. Maybe we can reprise it for this Striker.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Darbyand wrote:Can't be bothered looking it up but there was an old thread on which people nominated an avatar for Dot. Maybe we can reprise it for this Striker.
How about a well dressed city trader standing behind a market stall trying to sell tat while screaming obscenities? :wink: :lol: :wink:

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

You, Dot or both??

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

murf wrote: Ban changing of avatars
It makes this thread more amusing when they do change them
who-is-in-your-avatar-t81791.html?hilit=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; avatar&start=30

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Forum News”