To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Customising Your Homepage - how do you organise forums?

News about, or comment on, the FISO forums. Post suggestions to Admin here!
flyingkillercob
Dumbledore
FS Record: murf’s African Nations Cup 2012 Winner. FISO Goals 15/16 & 17/18 Winner.

Re:

Post by flyingkillercob »

admin wrote:Moved to FPL for a while for those that don't venture out of there much.
That was ages ago! Get it out of here :evil:

:wink:

stanley smith
Red & Blue Braces

Re: Customising Your Homepage - how do you organise forums?

Post by stanley smith »

Last season I installed a greasemonkey fix to filter forums thanks to a post somewhere on here (can't remember who it was now). But it seems to have stopped working - I have got red crosses by forums I don't want but when I look at latest topics the posts from these unwanted forums are all appearing :? - can anybody help?

flyingkillercob
Dumbledore
FS Record: murf’s African Nations Cup 2012 Winner. FISO Goals 15/16 & 17/18 Winner.

Post by flyingkillercob »

customise-latest-topics-ff-users-with-g ... 43691.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One of the recent forum updates broke this script but Bram has fixed it so if you install the new version you'll be back to normal.

stanley smith
Red & Blue Braces

Post by stanley smith »

Cheers mate (and massive thanks to Bram)
I was beginning to find the forum unusable without this - but now I have it back - phew!

freefootballtips
Cheetah

Re:

Post by freefootballtips »

admin wrote:
barry wrote:to be honest, I never use it :? . got the "new posts since last visit search" bookmarked as a favourite and I just click on via that.
I take it you mean - search.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;? ... d=newposts - which is the 2nd one down under 'Community Forums' on the top menu bar?

I too use that new posts link or the 24hr link for viewing the forum but find that I can miss some relevant threads because of the huge number of threads all displayed on 1 page. I like checking my customised Homepage first so I can easily spot more important threads.

this is great...even new members can use this new under forums?

thanks for the great information.

RamR
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RamR »

Is there a way to set "View new posts" so it shows only threads you haven't already read to the end? In other words, so that you really do only see threads with posts "new" to you.

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

Sorry but can't find out how to exclude all FPL related stuff from view active topics. Is there a way?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

I think we may have to resort to a cull of FPLers.

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

murf wrote:I think we may have to resort to a cull of FPLers.

they have been mysteriously culled from my active topics page. Saved me from abandoning FISO.
I am not aware of a way to personally control the topics but at some point my active topics reverted to pre-revolution fiso without any action by me

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

7lb claimer wrote:Sorry but can't find out how to exclude all FPL related stuff from view active topics. Is there a way?
The option to choose which forums are displayed within your own active topics isn't available at the moment after the update a few months ago. But it is on our 'to do' list.

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

Very good :)

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

Post by Latic »

Have read all the previous posts. Had previously removed FISODAS from my board preferences a couple of years back. As I've just signed up for FISODAS again is there ANY way to get it back or should I just bookmark the subforum?

Cheers.

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

Despite having been using FISO for over five years, I didn't even know there was a customised homepage option! I always use the the "new posts" and "your posts" views.

Not sure I followed the above discussion - is this a facility which is still available for use (if so, where?), or has it disappeared after the recent update? :?

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

Post by Latic »

It used to be in Control Panel, but as below it is not currently available due to the upgrade.

After the upgrade the board preferences were non-existent and when you clicked on new posts you got everything! About a couple of months ago my old settings (pre-upgrade) have been applied but there is no way currently to access them or customise them.

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

Latic wrote:It used to be in Control Panel, but as below it is not currently available due to the upgrade.

After the upgrade the board preferences were non-existent and when you clicked on new posts you got everything! About a couple of months ago my old settings (pre-upgrade) have been applied but there is no way currently to access them or customise them.
OK, thanks

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Forum News”