To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

REPORT BUGS HERE

News about, or comment on, the FISO forums. Post suggestions to Admin here!
liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Re: REPORT BUGS HERE

Post by liquidfootball2 »

admin wrote:The text align issue is now sorted.
Thank you for acting on it so quickly

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

The top menu (containing home, FISO games, etc.) is being truncated on certain screens, I. E. FISODAS entry screen - it loses the lower options. Works fine on new posts screen though.

Am using Chrome on Android.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Is there any particular reason pertaining to the FISO site why it now shows as "Not secure" on my browser? Currently using Chrome.

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Chrome does that all all websites that don't use https.

You should avoid conducting any sensitive transactions on such pages—such as providing personal information or payment information.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Why doesn’t FISO use https, just out of interest?

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

forestfan wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 19:04 Why doesn’t FISO use https, just out of interest?
I did have a brief look at it before but will look again.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

View latest: 1 day

This link hasn’t been working for me for the last 24-48hrs.... is it just me?

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Zimmerman wrote: 29 Nov 2018, 06:02 View latest: 1 day

This link hasn’t been working for me for the last 24-48hrs.... is it just me?
I will look into. In the meantime there is also a 1 day link under the orange '3 line' menu bar.

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

morganb wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 21:41 The top menu (containing home, FISO games, etc.) is being truncated on certain screens, I. E. FISODAS entry screen - it loses the lower options. Works fine on new posts screen though.

Got stuck in FISODAS again this week

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

morganb wrote: 29 Nov 2018, 08:03
morganb wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 21:41 The top menu (containing home, FISO games, etc.) is being truncated on certain screens, I. E. FISODAS entry screen - it loses the lower options. Works fine on new posts screen though.

We'll probably have to redo the menu bar. In the meantime would you like a FISODAS link under the forum 'quick links' (top left of forum pages)?

morganb
FISO Knight

Post by morganb »

admin wrote: 29 Nov 2018, 16:24
morganb wrote: 29 Nov 2018, 08:03

We'll probably have to redo the menu bar. In the meantime would you like a FISODAS link under the forum 'quick links' (top left of forum pages)?
Yes, that would be handy as quiet a few people must visit that part of the site. It's actually getting from FISODAS back to the main site that's tricky as it doesn't have the quick links, just the very top header menu, but I'm happy to wait for that. Thanks

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

morganb wrote: 29 Nov 2018, 16:29
Yes, that would be handy as quiet a few people must visit that part of the site. It's actually getting from FISODAS back to the main site that's tricky as it doesn't have the quick links, just the very top header menu, but I'm happy to wait for that. Thanks
Will get that added as well as a FISODAS Menu link back to fiso and fiso forum (in the meantime have also added those links to the FISODAS Homepage).

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

Malrom wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 23:09
admin wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 06:34
Talkie Toaster wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 00:13
Zimmerman wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 10:38 I know I’ve started seeing that privacy settings message again recently - anything linked to that?

I'm also starting to get the consent management pop-ups again.
It's not yet as bad as it was a few weeks ago, but I am getting it several times a day.
That's not a bug. You are meant to be able to access your advert privacy settings on this and every other website that allows targeted adverts.
Can we / I do something abou that s..t,it's annoying!!!!
I give it a month and then will leave FISO if that thing is reappearing! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
blahblah wrote: 05 Oct 2018, 17:37
admin wrote: 05 Oct 2018, 13:32
admin wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 22:38 So it might be just Firefox then? I'll try Firefox tomorrow on a few devices and see if it happens to me.
I've tried logging in using Firefox over the last few days and haven't seen this pop up.

Anyone still getting issues? If so, is it mainly when logging in and using which browser/device?
Yep still here today.
Talkie Toaster wrote: 05 Oct 2018, 19:04 I'm still getting it also.
It tends to be at the start of a session regardless of whether I need to log back on or not.
I'm using a hard line, not wi-fi, so it's not wi-fi specific.
Just a quick update on this: After the recent changes I now seem to be getting it every 7 days, so it's a lot less intrusive than it used to be, but still more than the 6 months that I think it was supposed to be set at.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

was just putting my FISODAS team entry in the it disappeared and replaced by some bug which I exited quickly :cry:
went back in and entered my team without any problems, thought I may have clicked the banner by mistake, via the drop down list, but the banner opens in another window so wasnt that, before, it definately took over and replaced the Fisodas page

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Hello, not sure if this is a bug, or a feature that has been removed on purpose (for what reason I don't know), or a glitch, or if I'm missing something ....

Many years ago (possibly when the current site was set up) there was a feature in which users could choose to have certain forums or sections of forums hidden. Although I haven't seen that as a feature for some time, it seemed to have been a legacy, where as I chose not to be able to see various FPL sub-forums (specifically RMTs and side-leagues), they weren't appearing - at least not to me - on the "latest" list of topics. Until just now - I've noticed that there are lots of FPL RMT topics on the list. Is there any way of reverting back? Maybe this a change made a while back and I've only just noticed?

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

quizking wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 08:20 Hello, not sure if this is a bug, or a feature that has been removed on purpose (for what reason I don't know), or a glitch, or if I'm missing something ....

Many years ago (possibly when the current site was set up) there was a feature in which users could choose to have certain forums or sections of forums hidden. Although I haven't seen that as a feature for some time, it seemed to have been a legacy, where as I chose not to be able to see various FPL sub-forums (specifically RMTs and side-leagues), they weren't appearing - at least not to me - on the "latest" list of topics. Until just now - I've noticed that there are lots of FPL RMT topics on the list. Is there any way of reverting back? Maybe this a change made a while back and I've only just noticed?
The php developer that created this add on for the phpbb community didn't maintain it so we had to drop it. I am going to look into the cost of hiring someone to recreate it as some of the source code should still be available.

morganb
FISO Knight

Post by morganb »

admin wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 08:55
quizking wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 08:20 Hello, not sure if this is a bug, or a feature that has been removed on purpose (for what reason I don't know), or a glitch, or if I'm missing something ....

The php developer that created this add on for the phpbb community didn't maintain it so we had to drop it. I am going to look into the cost of hiring someone to recreate it as some of the source code should still be available.
I was just coming on here to post the same thing. There is an option under UCP that disappeared ages ago (it is still there on the menu but with a technical rather than a friendly name) but anything set prior to when the functionality went still filtered the list of forums. This filter data appears to have gone in the last day.

Before hiring someone would it be worth seeing if anyone on the forum has/knows anyone with PHP skills who might look at it for free? (I've never done PHP but would be happy/interested in seeing any code you might have just to see how tricky it might be)

Edit: There's not a lot on the internet about UCP_PREFS_INDEX, the name of the link under UCP, just https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... 5&start=45

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

There was a phpbb update done yesterday evening so looks like that removed the legacy settings.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

morganb wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 09:17
Edit: There's not a lot on the internet about UCP_PREFS_INDEX, the name of the link under UCP, just https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... 5&start=45
The original modification can be found at:

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... ed_forums/

That would be the starting point for anyone looking to resurrect it.

morganb
FISO Knight

Post by morganb »

admin wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 09:41 There was a phpbb update done yesterday evening so looks like that removed the legacy settings.
I wonder how easy it would be to get this data back as it's not necessarily the functionality of the extension that people want, it's just that old-timers are used to a filtered list whereas newer members will never have experienced this feature.

Rob
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: WC2010 FISODAS Champion!!

Post by Rob »

morganb wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 09:52
admin wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 09:41 There was a phpbb update done yesterday evening so looks like that removed the legacy settings.
I wonder how easy it would be to get this data back as it's not necessarily the functionality of the extension that people want, it's just that old-timers are used to a filtered list whereas newer members will never have experienced this feature.
I've re-uploaded the necessary files - can you check and confirm whether this has restored the legacy settings please?

morganb
FISO Knight

Post by morganb »

Rob wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 11:00
morganb wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 09:52
I've re-uploaded the necessary files - can you check and confirm whether this has restored the legacy settings please?
Yep, the filtered view is back (for example I no longer see Sky or Sun games in my New Posts list) - thanks a lot

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Yes it works here too - thanks, no more "rate my teams".

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Thanks to those that reported the forum not working due to a sql error for a crashed table. Now repaired and working again. Hope most of you are out enjoying the New Years eve celebrations anyway.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

I can't login via Chrome on my desktop, but can on IE on same machine, and currently posting this on Chrome on smartphone. Please look into this.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Although I have access to the fiso forum for now through tapatalk, there appear to be login problems on the main site and I can't get in. -( all this on my android phone).

Perhaps pertinently It fails to give me an invalid password message but just still returns the screen ahowing 'login' not set but as if unentered, but does return a 'password invalid' message if I intentionally enter an incorrect password, which does point to recognition of my username.

In case I had mistyped my password (which would make little sense) I have tried using the 'forgotten password' route but encounter a problem with the 'The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.'. There is only one email address i use for fiso and I have tried retyping it but it was correct, and same results.

I have tried clearing the cache and switching the phone on and off, having no trouble on any sites only fiso, i will carry on using Tapatalk until logged out but then may have no choice but to leave altogether.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Tacalabala wrote:I can't login via Chrome on my desktop, but can on IE on same machine, and currently posting this on Chrome on smartphone. Please look into this.
Thanks for posting Taca, I guess this is more widespread.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Please try again as I've changed the settings.

We're in the process of moving from http to https so there may be some issues over the next week depending when we implement it fully.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

working now

happyhoppy
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF 2010/2011 3rd and 2021/2022 4th=

Post by happyhoppy »

I can’t use Tapatalk here in Spain (don’t remember having any previous problems). It just won’t log me in even though it says it’s logged in. I mirror the same log in details in web view and it works fine. Has been working fine. Using iPhone X

I’ve deleted the app and downloaded it again.

I’ve removed Fiso and readded it.

Any ideas?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Forum News”