To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

REPORT BUGS HERE

News about, or comment on, the FISO forums. Post suggestions to Admin here!
Rick Spangle
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC 2012 T20 - 3rd in runs league

Re: REPORT BUGS HERE

Post by Rick Spangle »

Rick Spangle wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 11:55 I'm having to log in every time on both PC (both firefox and chrome browsers) and on my Chromebook.
My fault :oops: - I've just gone back to my Firefox browser, after a couple of years on Chrome, and forgotten to update all the bookmarks from http to https. Anyone else with a login problem, check that you're on the https version of the site.

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

Hi don’t know if this is a problem with FISO or my iPad but when I try to log on to site and go to menu and navigate through to try to get to cricket or football forums I get a message saying “can’t decode raw data” some of the links work fine and can get to the particular forums by going via “latest posts” but just wondered if this is a problem with the site. Know nothing technical myself so any info gratefully received. Using safari on iPad but same thing has happened when I tried google. Cheers

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Jezza3 wrote: 25 May 2019, 18:28 Hi don’t know if this is a problem with FISO or my iPad but when I try to log on to site and go to menu and navigate through to try to get to cricket or football forums I get a message saying “can’t decode raw data” some of the links work fine and can get to the particular forums by going via “latest posts” but just wondered if this is a problem with the site. Know nothing technical myself so any info gratefully received. Using safari on iPad but same thing has happened when I tried google. Cheers
Do you mean you're navigating via the category pages on the top menu bar such as the Fantasy Cricket one at https://www.fiso.co.uk/categories/75/Cricket.html ? If these pages aren't working at the moment then you need to clear your cache.

All forum pages should be working and if you want Fantasy Cricket then best go to Forum Index page index.php and then to Fantasy Cricket at viewforum.php?f=24

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I didn't have the login issue...

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

admin wrote: 25 May 2019, 18:53
Jezza3 wrote: 25 May 2019, 18:28 Hi don’t know if this is a problem with FISO or my iPad but when I try to log on to site and go to menu and navigate through to try to get to cricket or football forums I get a message saying “can’t decode raw data” some of the links work fine and can get to the particular forums by going via “latest posts” but just wondered if this is a problem with the site. Know nothing technical myself so any info gratefully received. Using safari on iPad but same thing has happened when I tried google. Cheers
Do you mean you're navigating via the category pages on the top menu bar such as the Fantasy Cricket one at https://www.fiso.co.uk/categories/75/Cricket.html ? If these pages aren't working at the moment then you need to clear your cache.
Actually one of the plugins (to speed up the loading of the pages) was affecting how the category pages appeared on some (but not all) browsers. The plugin has been removed which has resolved these issues. Thanks for reporting.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

FISO not available for me for about 20 mins. Same happened last night.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Spinynorman wrote: 26 May 2019, 21:51 FISO not available for me for about 20 mins. Same happened last night.
It was just about the same time last night as well I think. Will find out what's going on.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

admin wrote: 26 May 2019, 21:55
Spinynorman wrote: 26 May 2019, 21:51 FISO not available for me for about 20 mins. Same happened last night.
It was just about the same time last night as well I think. Will find out what's going on.
It wasn't just me then.... And the top night for our longest thread too :shock:

eagle224
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Veteran

Post by eagle224 »

I was trying to view the final leaderboard in FISO Goals but none of the options are showing anything - blank pages for all options. Anyone else getting the same?

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

eagle224 wrote: 26 May 2019, 22:00 I was trying to view the final leaderboard in FISO Goals but none of the options are showing anything - blank pages for all options. Anyone else getting the same?
Same here. Another thing for Rob to look at when he has time.

I did post the final leaderboard on the FISO Goals forum
viewforum.php?f=108

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Getting constant browser hijacker ad on my iPhone right now (the message varies).

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: 27 May 2019, 13:38 Getting constant browser hijacker ad on my iPhone right now (the message varies).
I've just started getting shite through Tapatalk....

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Is the bad ad still showing? Usually they are stamped out quickly by the ad provider we use.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

admin wrote: 27 May 2019, 16:37 Is the bad ad still showing? Usually they are stamped out quickly by the ad provider we use.
Just gone back to my phone and still getting it.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

This is the banner producing the crap.
AFBC60D5-1018-475B-9B25-EDC925026B67.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I'm getting the "won a phone" etc.... and it can be very soon after opening FISO.

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

I'm getting the same, annoying as hell

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Message received from Snack Media after reporting the issue:

We have removed a number of vendors from your stack which should fix the issue for you. Let me know if you have any further problems.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Thanks, will do...

It seems good so far, and it was happening very quickly before...

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Good. Quickest way to remove bad ads that get through is to email me a screenshot that I can then forward to Snack. Helps if it can also be reported on this topic to see if others affected as well.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

FISO unavailable again for me for about 20 mins. Came back about 10 mins ago.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Spinynorman wrote: 27 May 2019, 22:11 FISO unavailable again for me for about 20 mins. Came back about 10 mins ago.
Same here and reported it. Hopefully can get the issue sorted soon.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

admin wrote: 27 May 2019, 22:15
Spinynorman wrote: 27 May 2019, 22:11 FISO unavailable again for me for about 20 mins. Came back about 10 mins ago.
Was it at the same time again?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 27 May 2019, 22:24
If so it must be when the cleaners come in and unplug the server to plug the hoover in each night :wink:

The error message appeared to be in something like Czech, along with English translation...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: 27 May 2019, 22:28
blahblah wrote: 27 May 2019, 22:24
If so it must be when the cleaners come in and unplug the server to plug the hoover in each night :wink:

The error message appeared to be in something like Czech, along with English translation...
😂😂😂 that was the solution to a very mysterious case of a Telephone Exchange crashing, although it may have been that they unplugged it for the kettle.

Ditto to the Czech thing.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Looks like one of the processes on fiso is not running properly and is causing a server overload. Think it relates to old files so should just be a case of removing these. There's still quite a bit of work for Rob to do after the server move.

The new server is based in the Czech Republic hence the Czech and English message seen when offline.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

It happened again from at least 21.32 until just now.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

blahblah wrote: 28 May 2019, 21:55 It happened again from at least 21.32 until just now.
Yep. Rob did remove some legacy code earlier this evening which we thought might be the issue but obviously it's something else. He's got other old/legacy code to remove and some updates to do but this will have to be done on Friday onwards.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Those Czech cleaners again :lol:

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

My avatar has suddenly disappeared? (not sure exactly when though). It shows in my settings page ok but not in posts.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Forum News”