To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISO Mug - Alternative

News about, or comment on, the FISO forums. Post suggestions to Admin here!
admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

FISO Mug - Alternative

Post by admin »

The mug that I've used for the FISO Goals winner etc in the past (https://www.printster.co.uk/personalise ... -mugs.html ) has now been discontinued (whilst it says 'out of stock' they've told me they've discontinued it).

Any suggestions/ideas before I start looking on what alternatives there are that would also do the job? Obviously needs to be personalised so can tailor for the winner. Need to find something for the 18/19 FISO Goals champ.

A t-shirt might be an alternative if no suitable mugs available?

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Re: FISO Mug - Alternative

Post by Vid »

They didn't tell me discontinued, been checking every few days to see if back in stock, long delay and complete waste of time.

Don't think my creative skills are up to it, but was thinking use photoshop (or whatever can make .jpgs) and (theoretically) simply go headline at top, FISO logo underneath and space to one side (or underneath) for a caption. Similar to the 'news mugs' but without the news bits.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Must be a designer on here that can knock that together in 10 minutes?

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Vid wrote: 14 Jun 2019, 18:26 They didn't tell me discontinued, been checking every few days to see if back in stock, long delay and complete waste of time.

Don't think my creative skills are up to it, but was thinking use photoshop (or whatever can make .jpgs) and (theoretically) simply go headline at top, FISO logo underneath and space to one side (or underneath) for a caption. Similar to the 'news mugs' but without the news bits.
They do have simple front and reverse 'logo with max 30 character text underneath' mugs - https://www.printster.co.uk/mug-printin ... -text.html

So I could do one with the fiso logo plus 'FISO GOALS Winner - bluenosey' underneath. Not as nice as the news headlines ones though. But could add a similar coaster to the package?

There's another one they do with lots of text on one side and the logo plus 30 char text on the other - https://www.printster.co.uk/mug-printin ... -text.html

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Yours is 27 characters (including spaces), it's going to be on the small side isn't it?

flyingkillercob (15 chars without spaces) won the FTPC so can't do it all in one line of text.

Chocolates/ jelly beans have proven popular :-)

eagle224
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Veteran

Post by eagle224 »

Quick draft (low resolution for forum). This finished image is 225.7mm x 85.7mm at 300ppi for a panoramic print on a standard mug.

Text has been taken from the fourm About Us text, slightly altered to fit, and logo is most recent one on forum. The text is probably just too small to read when printed on a mug in the main article sections but just readable under the "exclusive" paragraph starting "FISO member wins...". I can easily change the text.

I can't see what was written on the original mug images to know if the text said anything or was readable.

If you want the original SVG vector file (created in Inkscape) then pm me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

That's fantastic. The original design didn't have any real words so very nice to see wording from our About Us page.

Here is what I'll order for bluenosey with image on the front and text on the back.
bluenosey-mug-design.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

And better view of the image:
FISO-Mug-FPL-bluenosey.png

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

That looks great. It's good that we still have a mug. :mrgreen:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Always plenty of mugs on FISO :wink:

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

I still treasure my FISO mug... even if it was only for winning a crossword competition :D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Forum News”