To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISO website update - March 2015

News about, or comment on, the FISO forums. Post suggestions to Admin here!
Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Re: FISO website update - March 2015

Post by Darbyand »

Is there any way that Vines can be played within the FISO page similar to YouTube links, rather than leaving the site?

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL - FISO Mirror League 1st 2015-16 | Sun - Cheap as Chips Conference 1st 2014-15 & 2015-16

Post by jeffmcgow »

From4corners wrote:Perhaps I am the only one that thinks like this, not sure if it has been mentioned before, but wouldn't it be more user-friendly to put the "quote option" at the bottom of the post instead of at the top corner? If you read a long post you want to quote, one would have to scroll back up instead of just clicking the quote-button right there after you read a post.

:idea: :?:
It would also save me from quoting a post when my intention was to edit it. The number of times I've done that :oops:

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL - FISO Mirror League 1st 2015-16 | Sun - Cheap as Chips Conference 1st 2014-15 & 2015-16

Post by jeffmcgow »

What is the status with this one please?:

"Users could choose which forums to display in their Active topics thanks to a fiso modification - see if an extension can be introduced to bring this back"

I'm entering a couple of new FF games this season so would like to subscribe to the relevant forums. I'm also keen to turn on the FPL RMT thread (:shock: ) so that I don't miss gems such as STC's and thesilkworm's threads.

Failing that, do people have tips for keeping up with the relevant sections? Individual threads I'm ok with because I can subscribe to them (e.g. I've flagged the Chilli thread again) but I can't see how to mark whole forums.

As always, thanks for the excellent work you are doing. :)

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Quote button too near report button so you could report instead of quoting.

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

Post by Latic »

jeffmcgow wrote:What is the status with this one please?:

"Users could choose which forums to display in their Active topics thanks to a fiso modification - see if an extension can be introduced to bring this back"

+1 Particularly as the forum is about to get very busy I would appreciate being able to separate the chaff from the wheat.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Why does a post have to say who it is 'by' just under the title on a post (which isn't needed either) - there is a big box to the left with the poster's name and avatar (and the thread title is at the top too).

[relates to on a laptop not Tapatalk]

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

This thread is too long for me to check if it's already been mentioned, but can the colours (?) be changed for read/unread PMs?

I am colour blind so it's not my strong area, but if there is a difference I can't see it....? 8-)

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Rob wrote:
bspittles wrote:
bspittles wrote:On a page with a list of topics, the (usually red) icon on the far left doesn't seem to add any value, but takes up a lot of space. Any chance that could become the "jump to first unread post" link instead (which is very small at the moment).
Would this be a possibility?

I'm fed up of my fat fingers trying to hit the View Latest Post icon but instead catching the thread title!
I'm not sure whether this affects what you're describing but I've changed the view on the Latest Posts view so that the link to the last post on a mobile is the date rather than a small box.
Rob, I've only just realised what you meant. That's working perfectly for me, thanks very much :-)

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

Darbyand wrote:
Rob wrote:Stage 1 has worked ok in testing so the active topics and other default search views should now work as they did.

Could Darbyand, quizking, unc.si., et al please check and confirm that the search views are showing as expected?
This has now reverted back to showing me all the FPL/SDT junk that had previously disappeared.
This has fallen down again.

Rob
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: WC2010 FISODAS Champion!!

Post by Rob »

Darbyand wrote:
Darbyand wrote:
Rob wrote:Stage 1 has worked ok in testing so the active topics and other default search views should now work as they did.

Could Darbyand, quizking, unc.si., et al please check and confirm that the search views are showing as expected?
This has now reverted back to showing me all the FPL/SDT junk that had previously disappeared.
This has fallen down again.
Curious, nothing has changed in this regard.

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

wehdfj wrote:Someone mentioned he couldn't see who the latest post,which had influence on my decision.
Once you've signed in you can view the active/latest topics. There was a period when lurkers/guests could view the latest topics page but this shouldn't have been happening.

Joseph449
Kevin and Perry

Post by Joseph449 »

Having a quote button will be usefull. As suggested by other members. It is mostly present in every forum. It is the forum i have seen without this facility.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Is there any chance that clicking on the topic title could take you to you "last read post" and the square (which may be better as a different icon, maybe a backward pointing triangle) takes you to the start? On an iPhone I'm forever missing the square and going to the start of the thread by accident, and the "last read post" is surely what people want the majority of the time?

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Adaptive layout problems on android

Post by MoSe »

Yesterday nite worked perfectly
(Well, the link back to the forum, the one below last post, only displayed in landscape, but I got used to that)

This morning woke up (local 11am :) ) and everything under the black MENU bar was gone.
No use refreshing.
Then I turned the mobile as landscape, and there everything displayed
Tunt to portrait, blank page below the menu bar, no scrolling
Turn to landscape, all normally displayed
In ALL Fiso forums
:?
it doesn't happen in any other internet page in internet
Never happened before in Fiso
Didn't touch anything, didn't even close the internet mobile browser before sleep
I understand this might look like some setting on my device, but didn't change any, and wouldn't know how to *address* it, leave alone fix it

It's rather annoying being able to read fiso in landscape only, beginning with the posting of this same posr

PS: identical probmlem with Chrome, so it's not browser dependent
Did you change anything in your html last nite?

Rob
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: WC2010 FISODAS Champion!!

Post by Rob »

It should be ok now, thanks for the heads up

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

MoSe, have you tried the Tapatalk app? I find it much easier to use on a mobile than the website.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Got out 3hrs ago, back now, refreshed, and it works

Tx murf, but I'm a dinosaur verging on luddism, I prefer doing without apps, as long as i can manage :oops:

meganh
FS Record: 4

Post by meganh »

When you will have another update?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

meganh wrote:When you will have another update?
Joined today to post this........

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Forum News”