To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

REPORT BUGS HERE

News about, or comment on, the FISO forums. Post suggestions to Admin here!
Kicking_up_Dust
Wideboy

Re: REPORT BUGS HERE

Post by Kicking_up_Dust »

Good Morning.

For the last few weeks I have been unable to stay logged into the forums.

Never was an issue in the past.

Cleared all cookies but still happening. Maybe stay logged in for a few hours then I notice I am logged out.

Using latest chrome browser on mac.

Thanks for any help,

John

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Have you tried another browser on mac? Same problem or OK?

Anyone else having the same issue?

Kicking_up_Dust
Wideboy

Post by Kicking_up_Dust »

Yes tried on a different browser with same issue.

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

Hi
For about the last 6 weeks the only way I can get into the forum is to scroll down about 30 pages or so from the opening page until I get to a Quick link page. I used to be able to just click on the menu option on the opening page. It feels like the banner advertising the fantasy hub offer is stopping me doing it as problem coincided with that appearing.
Using iPad as don’t have desktop or laptop. Not a big issue as it is still possible to get into the site but still a bit of a pain.
Any thoughts
Cheers
Chris

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Are you not able to click on the Menu button at the top of the page just under the FFHub banner? There is then a FISO Forums link.

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

No menu button does not work. The hub banner shows next to the menu menu button but unless I scroll down about 30 pages to a quick link page the menu doesn’t work. Once I’m in through the quick link then all works fine.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Have you tried switching between portrait and landscape? FISO only works for me in landscape mode at the moment.

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

Yes in portrait the hub banner covers the menu button in landscape it’s alongside but still doesn’t work

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

That happened on me a couple of times (hub banner covered links) but then it seemed to go away and hasnt come back since
One other thing I have noticed recently though on my mobile (Chrome on IPhone X) is that the FISO forum goes skinny on it (won't fill the width of the screen) , no amount of refreshing sorts it, i have to close the browser tab and reopen and all is fine. Not a major issue..but only happened in the last few weeks.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

ffstuff wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 10:48 One other thing I have noticed recently though on my mobile (Chrome on IPhone X) is that the FISO forum goes skinny on it (won't fill the width of the screen) , no amount of refreshing sorts it, i have to close the browser tab and reopen and all is fine. Not a major issue..but only happened in the last few weeks.
Which is what has happened on my iPad, but in reverse. The forum is too wide to fit when in Portrait mode, and I've had to start using it in landscape.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

I've checked fiso on a mini-ipad and of course you're right the menu doesn't work on the homepage. Will see if Rob can resolve that. If not, best to bookmark the forum. Thanks for pointing this out.

The forum looks fine in profile or landscape to me.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

I've just managed to reproduce the skinny layout issue
It’s when I flick to landscape by turning my phone and then back to portrait by turning it back again , it then no longer fills the screen

Images should hopefully show what I mean (first one fine, then second after turning to landscape and back to portrait)

Not a big issue , just thought I’d point it out now that I can consistently reproduce it, you lose the private messages links etc as a result and its not as easy on the eye
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

admin wrote: 17 Sep 2020, 12:01 I've checked fiso on a mini-ipad and of course you're right the menu doesn't work on the homepage. Will see if Rob can resolve that. If not, best to bookmark the forum. Thanks for pointing this out.

The forum looks fine in profile or landscape to me.
Rob has made some changes to the header. The menu on the homepage now works for me on an iPad. Hope that's sorted for all.

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

Yes that’s great working fine for me now.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

That’s fixed my problem with portrait mode on the iPad too :-)

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

It looks a bit messy on desktop, with the hub ad covering the fanteam one, but the menus seem to work ok.

Header.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Is it possible to change the colours for read/unread messages? Grey and light blue are very difficult to distinguish.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Some of the menus disappear on some pages for me.
1 print.jpg
2 print.jpg

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

Was having very slow load issues most of today and it seems related to

Code: Select all

https://widgets.snack-projects.co.uk/gdpr/snack-cmp_v2.min.js
not loading - FISO was waiting for this to load or timeout.

Added widgets.snack-projects.co.uk to my blocklist and all is now fine.

Just thought I'd mention it as it might be useful to others etc.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

I'm sure it's not a bug, but it's really annoying that on my phone the top 1.4cm is taken up with a banner I never need and the right 4mm is unuseable due to a "privacy" tab that I have no idea what it does.

This reduces the useful screen area by around 20% for not reason at all (as far as I can see). Must it look like this on a phone?Image
Last edited by hancockjr on 09 Jun 2021, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Not exactly a bug....

Once upon a time I set up which forums were displayed in my Latest Topics (I think!) to avoid games I don't play etc clogging things up.

I think I missed out TFFE (summer TFF comps) and so I can't see the latest posts when using 'Latest Topics'. I also can't figure out how to edit my list.....

Help! Anybody.....

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

murf wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 13:48 Not exactly a bug....

Once upon a time I set up which forums were displayed in my Latest Topics (I think!) to avoid games I don't play etc clogging things up.

I think I missed out TFFE (summer TFF comps) and so I can't see the latest posts when using 'Latest Topics'. I also can't figure out how to edit my list.....

Help! Anybody.....
I have that problem too, never found a solution though....

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

murf wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 13:48 Not exactly a bug....

Help! Anybody.....
Yes, once upon a time you could pick the forums you were interested in seeing/not seeing. This feature disappeared in a software update a while back but behind the scenes Rob can access/reinstate the list (I had the opposite issue where all forums/posts were being displayed). So, either contact Rob to see if he can add another forum onto your list or alternatively under "Quick Links" use "Unread Posts" rather than "New Posts" (this is what I do to effective achieve what you mention above).

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I'm glad I never discovered that feature 😂

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

The modification code Rob introduced for that latest topics facility isn't active anymore.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Actually that isn't the problem. There IS a BUG (I think).

SamD's 2 foot challenge from the TFFE subforum (International Telegraph Fantasy Football Games) is showing up in Latest Topics for me (phone/tapatalk and PC) but my new Highlander thread in the same subforum isn't....

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

Does it show up when you use Your Posts aka egosearch ?

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

murf wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 14:24 Actually that isn't the problem. There IS a BUG (I think).

SamD's 2 foot challenge from the TFFE subforum (International Telegraph Fantasy Football Games) is showing up in Latest Topics for me (phone/tapatalk and PC) but my new Highlander thread in the same subforum isn't....
When clicking "Latest (1 day)" I can see it:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

I'm glad others can see it. I still can't....

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

I've refreshed the permissions for the International Telegraph Fantasy Football Games forum so see if that helps.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Forum News”