To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Totally unfair

Risk at Conquer Club
Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Totally unfair

Post by Richt »

That a player should be allowed to miss a turn, and then come back and get twice the amount of troops he is supposed to get per turn.

This is a big hole in the game IMHO. And should be sealed up.

Total sack of shite that that should be allowed to happen!!!!!!!!

kizkiz
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISO autumn 2009 poker world champ and 8 game champ

Re: Totally unfair

Post by kizkiz »

Or take him out while he's not looking?

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

I tried but my attacks failed.

sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk, whilst taking a dump *.. or outside smoking a fag *

* delete as appropriate

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Richt wrote:That a player should be allowed to miss a turn, and then come back and get twice the amount of troops he is supposed to get per turn.

Happened to me, too. I think they did it on purpose :evil:

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

Exactly (re the purpose thing).

Ill just "foe" this opponent so i dont have to play him again.

sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk, whilst taking a dump *.. or outside smoking a fag *

* delete as appropriate

mongoose
FISOhead

Post by mongoose »

Yes I have seen this a couple of times and it is especially bad on a no spoils game where someone can deploy a stack without telegraphing the move (by otherwise building up in 2 goes).

I don't see it too much though and my bugbear are quitters who just ruin the start of a game by making you wait 3 days 'til the game starts rolling!

Alchemist
Grumpy Old Chemist
Location: Finally in the promised land - Premiership Champions 2014 - Come on you Saints!!!!!
FS Record: Snoopy vs The Red Baron

Post by Alchemist »

This happened to me on a 5 minute game, with three other players, everybody realised what was going on and just ran through the guy in the next couple of turns without any consideration for the status of the game, it was just a case of wipe him out, then we will see where we are.

The language was a little sweet too!!!!

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

My one got 5 troops for not playing on top of that round's normal 3 and battered me - admittedly I may have gone too offensive, and won't make that mistake again :evil:

Finsimbo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: If only there was a record

Post by Finsimbo »

blahblah wrote:My one got 5 troops for not playing on top of that round's normal 3 and battered me - admittedly I may have gone too offensive, and won't make that mistake again :evil:

Let me get this right. If I'm due 3 for the round and miss the round the next round I will get 6, 3+3 ?

the pom
Grumpy Old Pom

Post by the pom »

If you enter an 8 player game and a fellow fiso'er is also playing (and you ask for a truce between the 2 of you - fog is on) is this totally unfair ...... :?:

the pom
Grumpy Old Pom

Post by the pom »

there are still 2 places left - 10386378

Sorry if the other fiso'er wanted a solo game ....

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Finsimbo wrote:
blahblah wrote:My one got 5 troops for not playing on top of that round's normal 3 and battered me - admittedly I may have gone too offensive, and won't make that mistake again :evil:

Let me get this right. If I'm due 3 for the round and miss the round the next round I will get 6, 3+3 ?
I think they so yes. Plus some daft attack from the other person who thinks you have pi55ed off and wants to end the game quickly.................

kizkiz
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISO autumn 2009 poker world champ and 8 game champ

Post by kizkiz »

the pom wrote:If you enter an 8 player game and a fellow fiso'er is also playing (and you ask for a truce between the 2 of you - fog is on) is this totally unfair ...... :?:
Technically, yes It's unfair. Any alliances should be out in the open on the game chat.
Btw, everybody can read your wall on cc. It's not private!

the pom
Grumpy Old Pom

Post by the pom »

OK then not a problem (how do i delete what i sent to you then)

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

Finsimbo wrote:

Yes they do, but they can't use them all. So effectively they start their go with the 3 that they would have - and that is all they can attack with. However, at the end of the go they get the other 3 to deploy but can't use them to attack until next round.

I'm not sure he really helps anyone by missing a go. Yes, they get 6 troops - but they can only actually use 3 of them, can be hit twice as not there to defend themselves, miss out on a spoil for a round. The major problem is most people think those that aren't playing, aren't dangerous so leave them alone, when in fact that is when they should be attacked

Finsimbo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: If only there was a record

Post by Finsimbo »

stuboy wrote:
Finsimbo wrote:

Yes they do, but they can't use them all. So effectively they start their go with the 3 that they would have - and that is all they can attack with. However, at the end of the go they get the other 3 to deploy but can't use them to attack until next round.

I'm not sure he really helps anyone by missing a go. Yes, they get 6 troops - but they can only actually use 3 of them, can be hit twice as not there to defend themselves, miss out on a spoil for a round. The major problem is most people think those that aren't playing, aren't dangerous so leave them alone, when in fact that is when they should be attacked
This is the the the the thing for me, you have to at least take one territory per round to at least get a cad/spoil, thats how I used to play it, the spoils really do make a difference.

One game I hunted down one player but could not find his last 2 territories, and he had four spoils to play, if I had found them it wouldhave been a massive boost. Spoils imo determine the outcome of games as well as your initial layout.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

2012-01-15 11:30:53 - Taos1988 received 5 troops for 15 regions
2012-01-15 11:30:53 - Taos1988 received 5 deferred troops for missing 1 rounds
2012-01-15 11:30:55 - Taos1988 deployed 5 troops on Comoros
2012-01-15 11:30:57 - Taos1988 assaulted Tanzania from Comoros and conquered it from halbhalb
2012-01-15 11:31:07 - Taos1988 deployed 5 troops on Zambia
2012-01-15 11:31:08 - Taos1988 ended the turn and got spoils

:evil: :evil: :evil:

mongoose
FISOhead

Post by mongoose »

Have similar dilemma in a current game 10260524. Orange has been silly and deployed or placed a stack on a trebuchet which will reset when he clicks begin. He may also be holding a set to cash in (escalating so currently worth 85 troops). if he had played last round, and not had a set to turn in then I would have finished him as I had 5 spoils.

He may be waiting for us to play our spoils, go at each other and then mop up after (as we would not be able to finish him with the size of the stack that exists on the trebuchet). It may also be that if we finish all his other troups that he "commits suicide" and loses to himself (Terminator game) so gets no deduction. Will see how it unfolds.

chewie1
Treebeard

Post by chewie1 »

Richt wrote:That a player should be allowed to miss a turn, and then come back and get twice the amount of troops he is supposed to get per turn.

Lol foe him and move on it happens but usually only low ranked tossers, freemiums and high ranked farmers on certain maps that give them an advantage

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

bumped as I still find it stupid that the game will allow anyone who has missed a turn to have double the deployment next time. Really does seem like a major flaw in the game play imo. If a player misses a turn then those troops should be sacrificed!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

(yes, I have just been bitten again, I was doing so well in the Beta 1982 game until that......)

crispybits
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISO Apprentice Champion 2011-2012, Xpert11 FBT winner season 7

Post by crispybits »

the pom wrote:If you enter an 8 player game and a fellow fiso'er is also playing (and you ask for a truce between the 2 of you - fog is on) is this totally unfair ...... :?:
It's perfectly fair, as long as you do it in the in game chat and you make it clear who you're asking (as in no "Mike you're here! fancy a truce?" when their ingame name is something totally different.)

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

What a piss take:

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=11336921" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I just got the spoils and could only choose three blues.

Did not realise it would actually take my own troops out which meant I had to nuke myself.

If I had known that I could have missed my turn.

jpk
Dumbledore

Post by jpk »

done it more than once myself Ashers :evil:

always remember to read the rules :!:

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

jpk wrote:done it more than once myself Ashers :evil:

always remember to read the rules :!:
So what is the way around this?

jpk
Dumbledore

Post by jpk »

just try and move off from any of your held terits, even better, tempt someone else onto them with some crumbs and whack'em
Last edited by jpk on 16 Jul 2012, 09:51, edited 1 time in total.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Make sure you only have one on a territ that you nuke?

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

blahblah wrote:Make sure you only have one on a territ that you nuke?
I stupidly had three on them. So went from leader in the game to last.

Maybe I have missed this?

How do you know where you will be able to nuke?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

The spoil will be bracketed and bold - it also has a colour box round it on the map.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

blahblah wrote:The spoil will be bracketed and bold - it also has a colour box round it on the map.
I know that, but how do you know where they will be before you get to use them?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

You mean before you get the Spoil? I don't think there is a way - I assumed that they were random...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Risk”