To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Risk....

Risk at Conquer Club
Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Re: Risk....

Post by Vid »

No Spoils in the Netherlands map so the best way of getting extra armies is to control a region, pink is virtually dead already after his first move.

Flat rate on the classic map, most will probably dump all armies on one spot, hopefully away from anyone else's mass of armies, gain a region that can be defended and go from there, picking up more armies and spoils. Haven't played freestyle before so that's a learning curve for me too.

chewie1
Treebeard

Post by chewie1 »

Dont play freestyle unless you have a super quick computer as a lot of players only play freestyle to farm points because their computer speeed is excellent.

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

chewie1 wrote:Dont play freestyle unless you have a super quick computer as a lot of players only play freestyle to farm points because their computer speeed is excellent.
My computer is fast, unfortunately my brain isn't these days :D

kizkiz
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISO autumn 2009 poker world champ and 8 game champ

Post by kizkiz »

chewie1 wrote:Dont play freestyle unless you have a super quick computer as a lot of players only play freestyle to farm points because their computer speeed is excellent.
I played one team game freestyle
As far as i could tell, player 1 would take his turn last, then player 2 instantly gave player 1 all his reinforcements, and player 1 would take another go straight away.
It meant they could roll over the other players really quickly without the others being able to react.

On a side note, who has a slot free for a team game?
I'll set one up

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

kizkiz wrote: On a side note, who has a slot free for a team game?
I'll set one up
I've plenty of scope for games at present although the novelty is beginning to wear off :-)

kizkiz
Dumbledore

Post by kizkiz »

Vid wrote:
kizkiz wrote: On a side note, who has a slot free for a team game?
I'll set one up
I've plenty of scope for games at present although the novelty is beginning to wear off :-)
So many different games to play! Still haven't touched most maps. lol
Just won my first attempt at easter (more through lucky initial deployment i reckon)

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

I haven't looked to see what else is available to me now that I've finished 5 games, maybe later :-)

16 games going at the mo, all I seem to be doing is waiting my turn then screwing up :-)

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

I've got a free slot waiting for the rematch but will play anything.

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Any decent add on that can be recommended?

I've installed a greasemonkey search saver so that I don't have to click the same things every time.

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

I just completed a Fast game. Took over 5 HOURS :shock:

Not my greatest day in the office (although I did win my first game)

Now I read about Freestyle Games - I'm terrible at them (and most of the sequential ones as well :D )

chewie1
Treebeard

Post by chewie1 »

You can invite me to any number of games any settings or map.

kizkiz
Dumbledore

Post by kizkiz »

I've set up a triples game and invited everyone

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

stuboy, I'd say we're both stuffed already on the NY map, you surrounding my large deployment on your first turn has hurt us both, unless the other 2 go after each other you'll go first then me shortly afterwards.

It's been so long I can't remember where I put my armies on the Germany map, if green doesn't show up in the next half hour it's another 4 way.

I'm screwed on the Holland map already, please kill me ;-)

Classic map, again we want the 2 main players to go after each other.

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

So I'm really struggling between finding the amount of attacking to do in one go. I'm also learning that on the smaller maps when you distribute your own troops to try and start from a corner and work your way out.

Going through our maps:

NYC - It came as a real shock to see I had managed to build around you and then find out you had 34 troops in one area. My aim was to quietly leave Staten Island to you and I would pop over to Brooklyn. But then you decided to follow me and kick me hard. Depending on what Yellow does in his next turn, you could be ok. I however am screwed.

Netherlands - kind of need your help. Could do with youtaking Utrecht whilst I take Zuid-Nederland region. The problem with that map is the lack of troops per round. Couple of bad rolls and you're struggling. I still think you will be able to take Waddeneilanden region.

Classic Freestyle - I now realise how bad I am at playing freestyle and how much I hate it. Please let that game be over for me soon. Too depressing. I am screwed!

Germany - erm, you're spread a little thin there! However, if Green doesn't show, you've got a nice blanket going on there and I think you'll be having the upper hand. Might have to keep an eye on you for that one. If red decides to have a go at me, I'm screwed

"I'm screwed" - pretty much my position in most games I play

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Don't like the Holland map at all, red looks strong with the concentrated troops but with no spoils it will be difficult for him to get at you effectively, I'll try to do him a bit of damage next time.

No idea how you stand in the classic but I've got Oz, at the moment anyway.

I think that they're both to strong on NY, I think it's green's game to lose. If the game goes well enough I'll retreat from Bay Ridge next time.

If you're in position to take me out in Germany then do it!

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

Vid wrote:No idea how you stand in the classic but I've got Oz, at the moment anyway.
I have 6 territories and 6 troops. :oops:

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

stuboy wrote:
Vid wrote:No idea how you stand in the classic but I've got Oz, at the moment anyway.
I have 6 territories and 6 troops. :oops:
Oh dear! :(

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

kizkiz wrote:I've set up a triples game and invited everyone
Can you send the invite again please kizkiz.

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

WilBert wrote:
kizkiz wrote:I've set up a triples game and invited everyone
Can you send the invite again please kizkiz.
I've reserved the seat for you but not sure if that means I've sent you the invite or if Kizkiz has to do it again

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Back in, thanks stuboy.

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

This prison riot is very interesting, just how many armies are hidden from sight?
It's clear where everyone is holed up but is anyone (other than myself) weak enough to be taken out in one go?

If I can take out wi1bert his 2 cards might not give me another set to play, the same with Beerfuelledman's 3 cards, so that leaves Chewie1 that looks to have a position that requires a force to be split to go after him and possibly the same with kizkiz, it would be very annoying to have a large force that can't reach one or two territories in the one go so I guess that I'll have to assault The Alchemist, if I don't take him out then we're both dead!

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Chewie tried to take me out and failed cos I had more than he bargained for hidden away. My play was to take stuboy out on that go and put myself in a strong position but chewie got there first!

Not sure what the etiquette on alliances are, nobody seems to have done that type of thing so far (apart from kizkiz telling everyone what to do :lol: )

I was invoved in one game where the guy kept offering me an alliance to attack kizkiz but I could not do that so I pretended to only see him emails after my go. :mrgreen:

Chewie?

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Took out Alchemist, BFM & wi1bert and as feared didn't get a playable set from his 2 cards. I've got some big pockets of buried armies that might give me another go.

chewie1
Treebeard

Post by chewie1 »

WilBert wrote:Chewie tried to take me out and failed cos I had more than he bargained for hidden away. My play was to take stuboy out on that go and put myself in a strong position but chewie got there first!

Not sure what the etiquette on alliances are, nobody seems to have done that type of thing so far (apart from kizkiz telling everyone what to do :lol: )

I was invoved in one game where the guy kept offering me an alliance to attack kizkiz but I could not do that so I pretended to only see him emails after my go. :mrgreen:

Chewie?

Alliances are tricky as a lot of players break them prematuarly that leaves bad feeling between people. But on the flip side they can work well if honoured but does annoy the eff out of the strong player that has built a good positiion.
Personally I rarely make an alliance with people.

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Screwed up an easy win for the 2nd time in one game, if either opponent can play a set then I'm in trouble.

Some maps look incredibly complicated/ too much going on.

Is there a "Conquer Club Anonymous" help group out there anywhere? I need help to stop me continually entering more games!!!!

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

Vid wrote:Screwed up an easy win for the 2nd time in one game, if either opponent can play a set then I'm in trouble.

Some maps look incredibly complicated/ too much going on.

Is there a "Conquer Club Anonymous" help group out there anywhere? I need help to stop me continually entering more games!!!!
Just this morning I was looking at how many games you had entered - seeing if you were waiting for any players. My finger got tired from scrolling down!

My wife is already getting the hump as she's seen another addiction enter the house!

kizkiz
Dumbledore

Post by kizkiz »

WilBert wrote:Chewie tried to take me out and failed cos I had more than he bargained for hidden away. My play was to take stuboy out on that go and put myself in a strong position but chewie got there first!

Chewie?
I guess that was AGM bloke on Midgard?
Can't work out why he rated me a 1
I reckon he got us mixed up and meant to give it to you for not taking his alliance :lol:

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Yes that must be it ;)

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

Vid wrote:
I think that they're both to strong on NY, I think it's green's game to lose. If the game goes well enough I'll retreat from Bay Ridge next time.
Ok, this is what I propose we try and do. I'm going to leave you alone on staten island and need you to try and capture the green area, whilst preventing yellow from coming in (not too much to ask). If we can last this round, I propose that you will take green and blue, trying to keep yellow up top. I will then try and attack Green in Manhattan. Obviously this is all based on neither of them having a go in the meantime. I need you to try and keep ozone park defended and rockaway beach so I can put my troops towards Manhattan awaiting my attack there.

Let's see what happens!

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

I'll check back here when it's my go, all seems very complicated.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Risk”