To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Spiders. What are they up to?

A forum for general discussion on subjects and topics that do not fit anywhere else.

Knulpuk
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ultra ultra consistent (see above)

Re: Spiders. What are they up to?

Post by Knulpuk »

It only has 7 legs :cry:

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar
FS Record: Too many to mention now :-)

Post by pa102aw »

Knulpuk wrote:It only has 7 legs :cry:
When I tried to pick it up one of it's legs came away in my hand :mrgreen:

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

pa102aw wrote:
Knulpuk wrote:It only has 7 legs :cry:
When I tried to pick it up one of it's legs came away in my hand :mrgreen:
You touched it? :shock: :shock: It tends to be quite difficult to tell how many legs those in my house have after I have spotted them and called the wife! :?

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

WARNING for the QPR fan

Tons in the garden this summer, found this 7 legged one today, you been in my garden pa?

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

This picture doesn't really do it justice, but my first day back in work today after my holibob, and I was greeted by this (luckily) dead spider on the floor. That is a pound coin on the floor (as close as I dare put it) for scale. Get a pound coin out and see the body is nearly as big as the coin!

I work in a converted barn, with wood flooring and underfloor heating everywhere, and I can sense them all over the bleeding place. :?
photo(1)b.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

I play poker at a friends house every week. A few weeks back, we caught this 'little' critter under the table..........

We scooped him up, popped him on the table, and whoevers chip stack he ran too got a bonus chip off all the other players! Naturally he came running straight at me! I played it cool though, scooped him up and put him back on the floor. Needless to say, there are no flies in our poker den 8-)

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-be ... s-15182118" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
<Gulp>

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Just watched a spider run across the floor and into one of my trainers. Two things:

1. Do i wait hours for it to come out, shake the living daylights out of it and hope it falls out or shove my foot in regardless and kill it?

2. How many times has this happened in the past. Check your own shoes. You never know.

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore
FS Record: 11/12 Sun WDT Top 100 ~ 2012 BDO Darts FISO League Champion ~ 2011 Yorkshire Post Golf Weekly Winner ~ 10/11 TFF Wk 8 Winner ~ TFF FISO Block Party Cup Winner ~ Daily Mail 61st

Post by Chuck Taylor »

:lol: Anyone reading that, that has serious arachniphobia now has Vestiphobia!!

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

CanaryYellow wrote:Just watched a spider run across the floor and into one of my trainers. Two things:
Do i wait hours for it to come out, shake the living daylights out of it and hope it falls out or shove my foot in regardless and kill it?
You are obviously a "glass half full,rather than half empty " individual, Canary

What makes you think you'd kill it before it's bitten your toe off ? Or would killing it be your revenge ?

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

I have a lovely fluffy pair of grey slippers, which in the winter I tuck at the side of my bed after climbing in next to whoever I have pulled that night (usually my wife). I also wear glasses, and one morning a couple of years ago, before putting my glasses on, I grabbed my slippers ready to put on and a dirty great spider ran off my slippers over my hand. I squealed like a girl and ran into the bathroom shaking my hands like a maniac. :lol: :lol:

So far, not a single spider at home this autumn.....

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

The late autumn warmth will lead to an explosion in spider numbers. If we have a cold winter they will come inside for warmth, shelter and food.
The nightmare begins.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

CanaryYellow wrote:Just watched a spider run across the floor and into one of my trainers. Two things:

1. Do i wait hours for it to come out, shake the living daylights out of it and hope it falls out or shove my foot in regardless and kill it?
Neither. Either immediately move house leaving the trainer behind or assuming you don't have an immediate supply of mixed concrete to encase the trainer in you get one of those extendable arms pensioners use to pick things up off the floor, take the trainer outside and set fire to it. the spider has rendered it unwearable ever again.
Surprised wrote:The late autumn warmth will lead to an explosion in spider numbers. If we have a cold winter they will come inside for warmth, shelter and food.
The nightmare begins.
I probably won't sleep until december then. just sit up all night armed with a shoe.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

I went with option D, put on a different pair of trainers and abandoned the house for several hours. Upon my return armed with newly purchased granny grabber and radiation suit i lifted the trainer onto a disposable BBQ, doused it in lighter fluid and torched it. Just to be on the safe side the charred remains have been dumped in the neighbours bin (we have no neighbours at the moment, they may have been eaten by spiders, i cannot be sure but you can rent it if you wish according to the big web covered sign outside).

Feeling a bit better now but there is always a chance he simply walked out again and i torched an expensive trainer for no good reason. On the bright side i am alive.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Jonathan wrote:So far, not a single spider at home this autumn.....
:shock: Loads around our way. Being warm not many have bothered to venture inside although Mrs m keeps splatting big spiders which keep getting in our porch for some reason.

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

CanaryYellow wrote:I went with option D, put on a different pair of trainers and abandoned the house for several hours. Upon my return armed with newly purchased granny grabber and radiation suit i lifted the trainer onto a disposable BBQ, doused it in lighter fluid and torched it. Just to be on the safe side the charred remains have been dumped in the neighbours bin (we have no neighbours at the moment, they may have been eaten by spiders, i cannot be sure but you can rent it if you wish according to the big web covered sign outside).

Feeling a bit better now but there is always a chance he simply walked out again and i torched an expensive trainer for no good reason. On the bright side i am alive.
I think you made the right choice, CY. And if the spider was still in the trainer, he won't have a leg to stand on now.

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

murf wrote:
Jonathan wrote:So far, not a single spider at home this autumn.....
:shock: Loads around our way. Being warm not many have bothered to venture inside although Mrs m keeps splatting big spiders which keep getting in our porch for some reason.
First time it rains we are screwed I reckon.

sted
Dumbledore
Location: Outside, fighting 3 big fellas and drinking beer at the same time.

Post by sted »

You gang of great big eff girls.

I can't believe I'm reading this.

THEY'RE ALL FALSE!

Apart from the cutey in photo 3!!

threeyardmiss
Dumbledore

Post by threeyardmiss »

CanaryYellow wrote: Feeling a bit better now but there is always a chance he simply walked out again and i torched an expensive trainer for no good reason. On the bright side i am alive.
I know this is too late now but you could have put your trainers in the washing machine and killed two birds with one stone.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

The first pic looks like an ice cream body, with chocolate legs...........

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

2 nights ago lying in bed something tickled my side. Lifted the sheets and there was a whopping great spider beside me. Don't really want to admit what happened after but i am not sleeping well now. :cry:

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar
FS Record: Too many to mention now :-)

Post by pa102aw »

You'll absolutely LOVE this little game Jonathan. :D

http://www.onemotion.com/flash/spider/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WARNING: No you won't really

RowdyRaver
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RowdyRaver »

pa102aw wrote:You'll absolutely LOVE this little game Jonathan. :D

http://www.onemotion.com/flash/spider/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I keep spinning the spider around everywhere in an attempt to kill it but the damn thing won't die :(

Knulpuk
Dumbledore

Post by Knulpuk »

We have had a pet spider (Boris - somewhat predictably) - lives behind the kitchen unit - whenever I catch some kind of "thing" mosquito / moth etc I chuck it in the web - He is getting quite large - if somewhat lazy. 6 months or so he has been there. I think he recognises me.

I will take a photo.

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

Very clever, but I couldn't play it :shock:

I don't know if I should say this or not, but so far, almost into December, not one spider in our house that I have seen.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

Jonathan wrote:

Very clever, but I couldn't play it :shock:

I don't know if I should say this or not, but so far, almost into December, not one spider in our house that I have seen.
But they have seen you :)

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Jonathan wrote:I don't know if I should say this or not, but so far, almost into December, not one spider in our house that I have seen.
Can you see inside your nose?

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

murf wrote:
Jonathan wrote:I don't know if I should say this or not, but so far, almost into December, not one spider in our house that I have seen.
Can you see inside your nose?
You can probably see inside my nose from where you are!

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

It has just gone dark.....

Knulpuk
Dumbledore

Post by Knulpuk »

Blimey good noodles or not - I have just cancelled my booking.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... d-science/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Stuff (That Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else!)”