To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Wahine saves the EPL from Coronavirus

A forum for general discussion on subjects and topics that do not fit anywhere else.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Wahine saves the EPL from Coronavirus

Post by wahine »

Wahine saves the EPL ? I have just had a wonderful thought, Move the EPL to New Zealand for the rest of the season!! Quarantine essential staff and all the players for 2 weeks and away we go,
NZ can get the financial benefits, all the games televised all over the world. We get to see the EPL yay. Any problems with that?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: Wahine saves the EPL from Coronavirus

Post by murf »

Would the neighbours want a game going on in a stadium next door at 3am?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Best not do it with the Championship as Rooney would scare all the sheep?

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

wahine wrote: 19 Apr 2020, 01:40 Wahine saves the EPL ? I have just had a wonderful thought, Move the EPL to New Zealand for the rest of the season!! Quarantine essential staff and all the players for 2 weeks and away we go,
NZ can get the financial benefits, all the games televised all over the world. We get to see the EPL yay. Any problems with that?
Why not? 8-) 8-)

1200 posts!

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Do you quarantine the players, staff (and Man City's hookers) before or after the 24 hours in a flying incubation chamber?

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

The neighbours would be the first to get out on their balconys. 8-)

Imagine how much the financial benefit of hosting it would benefit NZ.

:D some/all of us are used to getting up at 3am anyway I wouldn' t have a problem with them playing to suit a NH audience.

Or you lot could just adapt :shock:'

no!! the Sex workers are currently not deemed Essential workers, we have plenty, no need to import any :wink:

NZ are letting 1600 Kiwis back in soon from India and the Phillippines, who will be all be quarantined for 14 days, only those that are healthy upon departure will be able to get on the plane, and I am sure EPL can afford the airfares and the Hotels are empty so we can quarantine all staff and players in manner in which they are accustomed to (bar hookers) -no worries at all. :)

Any more negatives? :D
Last edited by wahine on 20 Apr 2020, 06:50, edited 1 time in total.

Just A Kiwi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Just A Kiwi »

The cost of flying there for starters. The squad and non olaying staff will be a fortune.

Also Jacinda is running a very tight ship. No way would she allow a mob of overseas sportsmen to descend into her country’s midst and upset the poop deck.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

hey JustaKiwi don't be the party pooper! They don' t need to go sightseeing :shock: , they can just live in the Hotel and catch a bus to training and the actual games. We don't want them out in our Community :) for goodness sake!

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/52523361

https://twitter.com/bbc5live/status/125 ... 2F52523361

Could the Premier League be completed in Australia?
Football agent Gary Williams is working on a big idea to finish the Premier League - completing the season in Australia.
He approximates 1500-2000 people would travel, about 75 per team. They would be checked for coronavirus before boarding direct flights from London to Perth and all those travelling would have to isolate in hotels on arrival.
"I rang various Premier League clubs to see what they thought of the idea," he told BBC Radio 5 Live.
"I got a very positive return. Once I got the positive return from the clubs we spoke to I spoke to a federal senator over here and the minister for sport to see if it would be viable.
"They thought it would be viable. The federal health minister has gone on radio today and said if all health restrictions are attended to then he’ll give his support behind it.
"There’s less and less restrictions every day over here. There have been no new cases for five days and there’s only 19 active cases in the state."

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

So close, wahine, and yet so far away!

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

yep the Aussies always steal our ideas - :roll:
remember you heard it here first,. :D

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

Who is this Mastermind Gary Williams :evil:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

wahine wrote:yep the Aussies always steal our ideas - :roll:
remember you heard it here first,. :D
Talk of travel being allowed between Australia and NZ. Sorry wahine, has to be 2 way if agreed so you'll have to let a few convicts in. Small price to pay to see the footie??

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

It will end up at St Georges.

Gary Neville just had a David Icke moment

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

wahine wrote: 19 Apr 2020, 01:40 Wahine saves the EPL ? I have just had a wonderful thought, Move the EPL to New Zealand for the rest of the season!! Quarantine essential staff and all the players for 2 weeks and away we go,

Never happen imo.

Players don't wanna be away from their familys mid pandemic i am sure. Also not sure if insurance would cover them. Isnt there a 2 week quarantine on arrival too? If people are going to get it i am sure they don't wanna be stuck in a new Zealand hospital bed away from their families..only my view though

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Stuff (That Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else!)”