To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Idiots guide to playing music on google home

A forum for general discussion on subjects and topics that do not fit anywhere else.

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Idiots guide to playing music on google home

Post by robot »

When answering this question allow for the fact that I am a dinosaur when it comes to music and technology.

I am now the owner of a google home, how do i get it to play specific songs.
Have downloaded a spotify app and added some songs but the home just says going to a spotify station.

Have I got to fully subscribe to spotify? Or is there a simpler and free way.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Idiots guide to playing music on google home

Post by blahblah »

I have a Free Spotify, and created Playlists and saved Albums etc - but get adverts. Premium is Advert Free - Unc uses\used it.....

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

Not sure if this helps:

https://support.spotify.com/us/listen_e ... ogle-home/

Or:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/18/1616 ... y-accounts
If you want to set up your free Spotify account with Home, open the Google Home app, and tap “music.” To choose your default service, tap the radio icon next to the service you want. Spotify needs to be linked, so to connect your account, tap on “link,” and sign into your Spotify account.

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

Thanks got a better idea now, it looks like on free spotify you can only play in shuffle mode.

Ive worked out how to get a playlist going on the home from my phone but still struggling to voice control the home to do it without it going to a "station".

Impressed with the google home though for not a lot of money amazing what it can do.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Ah, Spotify on phone is different to laptop.

I dumped it from phone as it was unmanageable etc, well for a Luddite like me.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Stuff (That Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else!)”